Home

----

Naja

Naja - you'll never get away from my incessant whining and bitching ;)

In terms of adding the Republic and Seperatists, as the game is 'Empire at War' I agree, it doesn't make any sense to have the prequel sides because, as you pointed out, it takes place after RotS. What I'm saying though is that ANY new SW RTS should have included all four sides. To do anything less, and EaW seems to be a lot less, is just plain daft.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know Windu even though the game may not be as good as it could have been, I dont think it will suck. Why? Compared to what? Force commander? I mean any Star Wars RTS would almost be better than that. It is obvious that petro has put quite a deal of work into this game and we cant forget that. They started from scratch! We should cut them some slack because they created everything new. I still will love this game, after i get over the shock.

Compared to Force Commander? By that standard, just about every RTS game is good. Unfortunetly LEC has a history of bad games. So to say "because its better than previous LEC games" shouldn't be a qualifying statement. Rather, how is it compared to other current RTS? Granted, there aren't many other games that it can easily be compated to. But will it be as intelligent as RTW, as fun as warhammer? As creative as B&W? No game can be all of those things, but i think we are all smart enough to hold everything the game offers as far as fun, replayability, new features, graphics etc..compare it to the other RTS games that we could be playing instead and say "This game is great" or "This game is not so great". When it comes down to it, we all want a great game and a star wars game in one. When we start talking about previous SW games, for some reason that request starts to feel like we are asking/expection too much. But we are not.

I used force commander as a comparison because it is one of the only Star Wars RTS around. Im not talking about every RTS. Im saying I will like this game because it will be the best Star Wars RTS. It will finally give us a great RTS to play with the star wars name on it. Now Im not sure if it will be one of the best overall RTS. That's still to be seen.

Maybe its the reasons? You know your picky fan boy whining compared to others loving the way the game will work.

Oh and for those that don't know the Venator is in the game(Really a rupublic army is pretty dumb at this point considering the majority of those units are in imperial anyway.

lol, I love it. Here I am making predictions that the game will suck, and get blasted by practically everyone for it, and here we have others saying 'it will be the greatest' and nothing is said. Sounds more than a little hypocritical.

I don't think it's very smart from you to bash a game in a FAN forum.

That's the difference. I'm not saying it's not hypocritical though.

lol, I love it. Here I am making predictions that the game will suck, and get blasted by practically everyone for it, and here we have others saying 'it will be the greatest' and nothing is said. Sounds more than a little hypocritical.

Predictions that was based on 1 thing: No Republic/Seperatist forces. :rolleyes:

No wonder you got blasted. :D

I agree with you, but luke has a point in that this is a fan forum. So most people will like the game rather than hate it.

I'm disapointed that the technology in the game doesnt go as far as ROTJ.

Now what doesn't seem to be clear, does the game still let you conquer/liberate the galaxy, or does it end with the destruction of the deathstar/rebel base?

I feel like they will soon be saying the open ended structure of the game was dropped and we have to play preset missions in the order they come in :(

I really hope the expansion covers ESB and ROTJ, rather than having seperate expansions for each movie. I would hope they draw from the Thrawn Trilogy too.

I'm open to all views but its so stupid that you dislike a game simply because they did not make it PT. Get over it already!! Buy Battlefront 2 and only play Clone era there done. Now please shut up.

Froz is fully right. Sith had some doubts about gameplay but got zero blasting. Froz also has doubts and so does me and popcorn (after the exclusion of a part of the OT) yet none of us gets blasted.

Besides, you have to realize that since you're who you are Windu, you're going to get blasted eventually.

Exactly, I still have doubts about the game because 2/3 of the OT wont be in it. Of course it is still very confusing since it seems the Rebels have many aspects from RoTJ, but the Empire doesnt. I.E. A-Wing. I'm hoping they have something very secretive up their sleve. All Im saying is that this will be a good Star Wars RTS. Now it may not be as good as it could have been. I also find it highly annoying to spend anouther 50 dollars to buy the rest of the OT to add to the game.

Guest DarthMaulUK

Firstly, lets try not too get personal in these hot debates (havent seen it yet, just a friendly warning) and although I disagree with alot of the negative feedback here, it does all add spice to the debate - the whole point of these forums.

I like the fact theres a cross over from Episode III to Episode IV and just because the tech tree or game doesnt cover the Clone period or Return Of Jedi really wont have a bearing on how the game actually plays.

As I have said before, the entire game appears to be open to Modding and of course expansions and frankly, it will probably keep the game alive over the next few years. We need a class like Rebellion that is totally playable without the steep learning curve and I am confident that Petroglyph will deliver. The game footage we have seen looks excellent.

DMUK

I've noticed alot of people moaning that the game ends at ANH

Are you sure they dont just mean the story campaigns just ends there?

Maybe there is a sort of skirmish mode without the story which will make the game more open ended and you can do what you want?

So far i've seen nothing to say that this game is incomplete or rubbish it looks great to me! just what i've been waiting for i love RTSs and i adore starwars

whatever its gotta be better than Galatic Battlegrounds

FroZ - I don't dislike the game because it doesn't have the PT in it, I dislike it because it's going to be incomplete, and yet another waste of fan's money.

I dont think the game is going to be incomplete. They have increased the release date just to polish it up. It may seem incomplete though, due to the lack of OT content.

Archived