Home

Hockey

abcd1234

The NHL is officaially back and while is is great to be seeing hockey on TV again, it feels a little weird with all the powerplays that there are. It was also very weird seeing a team come back and win after being down 4 goals (Dallas). I think it will take some getting used to but I am just glad I can follow hockey again.

I was very put-out by some of the effects of the new changes. I certainly think LA getting 16 penalties in a game, and only 1 of those was a fight is pretty ridiculous. It really feels like they're penalizing you for TRYING to defend players most of the time, and I don't like that, because I'm afraid hockey will become a game of who has the hotter all-star. Hopefully that's not the case.

It was good to see hockey, but I still am harboring resentment towards it for last seasons lockout. I'm not even really disappointed that my avs lost their first game, I just don't feel that into it yet.

Hopefully some of these rotten feelings disapate as the season progresses.

It is going to be a long season. 5-1 loss ouch. The overall worst thing ever to happen to hockey was not the lockout but the fact that ESPN no longer carries it. I get to watch something like 5 games this year on ABC or whatever.

RaRRRRARRRARARARRR

BTP

You are not missing much with it being on OLN. I never thought I would miss the greaseball that is Barry Melrose, but sure enough, seeing hockey on OLN has made me wish he was back.

It is going to be a long season. 5-1 loss ouch. The overall worst thing ever to happen to hockey was not the lockout but the fact that ESPN no longer carries it. I get to watch something like 5 games this year on ABC or whatever.

You must have played the Red Wings. I know they won 5-1 :)

yeah, i lot of the calls were rediculous. Defense can't hardly do anything except poke check. They changed too many rules at one time, making it not the game that I love. Plus my team is so different, and our announcers were crap. They didn't tell us why people were'nt playing and all other kinds of stuff, so I really feel distant from hockey.

Archived