Home

Unlocking Award Weapons

={OGC}=Neo

I was playing as Rebels on Tantive IV last night playing the trooper and managed to unlock an Award Rifle. It seemed to have better accuracy and damage. When the game ended, I had 19 kills and no deaths (we captured all the command posts so there weren't alot of enemies left to fight.) and had captured 2 posts. I also had declined playing as a jedi twice in favor of sticking with the trooper.

I wasn't sure what I had done to be granted the Award Rifle, so I decided to try and get it again. After many unsuccessful attempts, also on Tantive IV, I was playing as the Clones and was the Engineer. I unlocked an Award shotgun. I had registered around 10-15 kills at that point without dying. I had also turned down the jedi when prompted.

So I thnk that the award guns were given if you played as a single class, and registered around 15 kills without dying. Though I an not positive.

Does anyone know other awards that can be unlocked and what is required to get them? This is a very intriguing aspect of the game that would give some motivation to not always play the jedi or if you are never selected to be a jedi, it gives you something to shoot for.

Yeah, I actually got the upgraded shotgun yesterday, I think it was called an "Energy Flechette" or somthing like that. I died soon after winning it though so I didn't get much of a chance to try it out.

I believe you get upgraded weapons based on the number of kills you make with that weapon in one life. While you get buffs like health regeneration and extra damage from gaining enough points (the score under the star). But I haven't actually tested how much you need to get the awards, somewhere around 10-15 kills/points probably.

You get AWARD weapons if you 10-20 points with that gun(Theres a tutorial thingy on it, you know those loading screen thingys). They mostly have purple beams. So far i've gotten:

AWARD rifle-an upgraded burst fire weapon from the normal troopers guns

AWARD pistol-its called a precision pistol or something

AWARD sniper-its heaps more damaging

AWARD shotgun-some flechette shotgun thats does more damage

I don't know if you can get and award rocket launcher, i usually kill myself with those things. I'm not too sure about award weapons for unlockable classes, i think it may just be base classes

I've usually gotten them while playing assault, because you spend so much time as one class getting kills, so could be. Nice little thing they added! I've noticed the award guns tend to nix high rates of fire in favor of short bursts and higher damage.

Anyone know what's after "Award: Damage Increase" in space battles? Everytime I get the award I get 1-2 kills more and either A) the game ends or B) I die.

I don't think their is. I played on a bot server and got another fifty kills after getting that award. didn't see any other awards after that.

I believe you get to keep it for as long as your alive, if you die you lose the weapon and have to start with the standard kind again.

Yes, but theres also a 30-second period right after receiving the award where if you die you do not lose the award

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to know to unlock the weapons and bonuses you're talking about you have to get certain awards for example:

Sharpshooter-Upgraded Sniper Rifle,

Endurance-Energy Regeneration,

War Hero-More Damage

To get the whole list after playing a battle go to the career awards screen and highlight the medal names. It'll tell you what you get and how to get it.

According to info (before the game came out) you earned it in MP and if you kept it long enough you got to use it in Single Player.

How that exactly works I'm not sure... if during your SP campaign you suddenly notice you have the award weapons all the time, or if it's only after you start a "new game" that you have it. Without the full game I can't verify...

Archived