Home

The Official Fanfiction Thread

Klia

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wrote the first bit of the first chapter for our Oleander Meets Loboto fic that Klia and I are working on. We don't have an asylum name yet. Suggestions?

The Unamed Fic

Oleander reached once again for the crumpled; coffee stained slip of paper, buried deep within his pockets. He had looked over it a million times but his gloved hand held it once more just to see if he had read it right. It was a letter with infuriatingly small type, but it was readable and if he squinted hard enough he was able to make out the message.

Dear Morceau Oleander,

___ ___ home for the mentally deranged asks for your services. We have come to understand that you specialize in the field of psychological studies. ___ ___ only asks for your services due to a slight patient overflow. Said patient has been restrained and undergone many theraputic sessions but it is felt that someone of your ability is needed.

We are sure a man such as you must have a full schedule but we would greatly appreciate it if you would contact us as soon as possible and set up an appointment.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

____ ___

________

Oleander smirked when he read the line “A man such as you must have a full schedule…” Of course he didn’t. In fact he hadn’t been hired for months and was barely making by, and the money made from the summer camp was drying up quickly. The world just didn’t need Psychonauts anymore. The world had moved on and he had not.

Well, I can't think of any asylum names, but I think it's an awesome start. I particularly love that last line, for some reason.

Here's one for a project I started but never finished (no spriters), its a pretty good asylum name, Scalper Asylum.

Well, I can't think of any asylum names, but I think it's an awesome start. I particularly love that last line, for some reason.

Aww thank you. I literally spent three minutes on it as the story was just a small idea. But Klia is going to write the next part otherwise I would have dropped this.

Now to point out all the things wrong with it:

1. I'm sure I've heard that last line somewhere. Its probably a cliche or something, I just can't remember where.

2. I have absolutly no creativity. I STILL can't come up with a name for this asylum.

3. There isnt much known about the avalibility and reknown of Psychonauts so whatever I say is probably wrong or a continuatiy error. Because if Psychonauts weren't needed, why would there be so many? Why would so many parents send thier kids to a summer class if it proved to be so useless? Why would Sasha and Milla be widely known?

So many questions. And unfortunatly I can't answer a single one of them. D@mn me and my analyticial ways.

Wait...I like Sparkly.

While amusing I think it would detract from the insane..wait no that would be insane. However Sparkly versus Scalper.

I'm actually at a tie now. I'll insert them into the blanks and see how that works out.

I need to ass kiss Paranoidish right now. It is pretty good turned out a lot better for a rough draft then I thought it would. A nice start for me espically as I have a problem with setting up the scene.

The only problem I have is following up on it.

It's not the end. It's like, "I love you, but you're evil." Some denial,Then some angst. then some other stuff.

Oooh. Denial AND angst? Going for the whole package, neh? Well, hopefully we can turn it into humorous angst, or really smart angst.

Maybe the next chapter can be about a sudden breakout in huge fires about the city?

Archived