Home

Jedi Robe Option for KOTOR III

Shem

Err...how about the robes from the game :eyeraise:

How in the heck you made that leap is beyond me.

Yes, my concern is realism; cloth that is skinned to behave like it would in the physical universe. Realism. Spend some time actually looking at the textures and look for the things I pointed out in my post. I'll provide a visual aid to help you.

EDIT: Thought I posted this link...sry

http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=robes2hw.jpg

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Err...how about the robes from the game :eyeraise:

How in the heck you made that leap is beyond me.

Yes, my concern is realism; cloth that is skinned to behave like it would in the physical universe. Realism. Spend some time actually looking at the textures and look for the things I pointed out in my post. I'll provide a visual aid to help you.

EDIT: Thought I posted this link...sry

http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=robes2hw.jpg

Now that is more clear to me to where you are coming from. That way I know what you are comparing it to. I appreciate that. Anyway, be careful in the future how you approach people. Some may not be as nice as I am. Saying stuff like, "Did you even read me post" is very insulting and stirs up angry and bitter feelings. Not just by the person who feels insulted, but others who read it and feel the negativity. All this over a misunderstanding. Is it really worth it? What good can come out of it? That is not needed here or any place. Try to keep it friendly, and that way people who browse feel this is a helpful and warm place to be apart of, not a place to feel discouraged.

Oh man, that is messed up! How I missed that before is beyond me... ;)
Yeah, now go back and look at the Master robes :D

Whomever skinned the Onderonian clothing should have been put in charge of all the clothing textures in the game...

@JediShemL: You know what happens when you assume right? You make an "ass" out of "u" and "me". I can't be held responsible for your leaps in logic. Glad to hear pictures helped.

I hope they do make it realistic, I liked the look of the TSL robes, but looking at the pic Achilles provided, there are several problems. I would like it if there are certain ranks of robes that you get as a Jedi at the beginning; However, along the way, you get to build your own robe s that can only be worn by you. Kind of like the Star Forge/Revan's robes, but you actually make them yourself.

True. But you can help see where you are coming from. Like say, "I think you misunderstood me. This is what I meant..." ;)
Yeah and you could have said "Excuse me Achilles, I'm not exactly sure what you are referencing. Could you please clarify?". So, is this there going to a point to this conversation or can we drop it now? This is sure to be deleted by the mods at some point, so feel free to reply via PM.

I hope they do make it realistic, I liked the look of the TSL robes, but looking at the pic Achilles provided, there are several problems. I would like it if there are certain ranks of robes that you get as a Jedi at the beginning; However, along the way, you get to build your own robe s that can only be worn by you. Kind of like the Star Forge/Revan's robes, but you actually make them yourself.

Understanding that there are model limitations, I'd like to see more visual representation of the of the various upgrades. Along the lines of your ranking suggestion, maybe have it to where the outer robe is wearable by masters and knights, but padawans are stuck with the basic garment, etc.

^^^^

Yeah, the padawans would have just a little 1+ defence robe that was little more than the K1 tunic, not necesarily in look, but in layers. Then, as you progressed, you would be able to get more layers and a bit more complicated robes. Perhaps add head and cold resistance, after all, they are supposed to guard against harsh weather.

If they finally decide to make KOTOR III, I hope they do something different with the robe option. I loved how the TSL style Jedi robes came into play. However, I think it's time to move up a notch.

I believe that the robes should come in two parts. The torso option is the inner robe, and for the head gear option should be the hood & cape. That way you can also mix the different colors anyway you want. That way you have the option whether or not you want to wear the hooded robe, and that way you can combine the different colors in ways that will fill the individual person's style.

yea that would be wicked being a sith with sith robes (black) and witht he black hood up, you'd look so menacing!

I agree with you all. I think that the idea should go in the back seat, along with some other features in other threads that would be really good, but keep them back. Spend a LOT of time on the story and gameplay! I don't really care if they take a long time, just make it good; I wouldn't mind if I got to play a game three years or more later that was super good. After that, then take some more time to put all the extra stuff in! If this is going to be the finisher of the KotOR series, then they have to make it good. If not, well, it wouldn't be good to have two not-so-great ones in a row anyways, so either way- spend some time on it!

• 2 weeks later...

I'll just come right out and say it: THE ROBES FROM TSL WERE BETTER THAN KOTOR AND I DON'T CARE ABOUT THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF FOLDS IN THE ROBES!!!

What I think they should do is boost the stats on basic padawan robes and maybe upgradeable. The TSL robes looked more like Jedi robes and they shoud stick with that in KOTOR 3. The option to put the hood up is a good one, could add to maybe disappearing into crowds or somehting.

Well, it was kind of noticable the unrealisticness of the robes and all the problems with parts of the robes coming out of nowhere. But first of all, it is not that big of a deal. I actually like the K1 robes, they could do with some improvement, but they were ok. Of course, the TSL robes are WAY better and more Jedi looking.

As for upgrades, I think that the padawan robes should pretty much be almost the thin tunics from K1, except a little bit more like real Jedi robes. That is all a padawan would probably have, anyways. And have Jedi robes that are from different planets, or academies/enclaves that are a different style. The "rank" robes would be a little bit different depending on where they are from. And have robes that are from certain force-using groups. And have robes for different ranks (Jedi Knight Robe from somewhere, then Jedi Master robe from somewhere), and then for the different classes. That would be nice.

If they finally decide to make KOTOR III, I hope they do something different with the robe option. I loved how the TSL style Jedi robes came into play. However, I think it's time to move up a notch.

I believe that the robes should come in two parts. The torso option is the inner robe, and for the head gear option should be the hood & cape. That way you can also mix the different colors anyway you want. That way you have the option whether or not you want to wear the hooded robe, and that way you can combine the different colors in ways that will fill the individual person's style.

Couldn't agree more... I've missed hooded Jedi robes since the release of KotOR1. And the color combine idea is great too.

I want robes that are hooded... and there is an option that when you enter combat you take it off. Like when Obiwon jumped into battle with Greivous first he removed the hood. I think the robes in TSL were a great improvement on kotor but yeah lets do it again. Also the thing that upset me about the darkside robes in the second game was I couldnt get just a strait black robe. Thats what I wanted. I always had like a red or white undershirt or something. So yeah clothes then the outer robe interchangable colors better cloth look and perhaps the hood comes off in combat. Cooler masks and cooler armor robes would be awesome too.

I would love it if in Kotor 3 you could have hooded robes like Anakin or Obi wan, or Palpatine, it's cool walking around with your face hidden. Another cool idea could be that you could shed your heavy robes when engaging in an intense lightsaber battle and just wear a tunic like in Kotor 1, you would be alot more agile and it's really old fashioned.

As for upgrades, I think that the padawan robes should pretty much be almost the thin tunics from K1, except a little bit more like real Jedi robes. That is all a padawan would probably have, anyways. And have Jedi robes that are from different planets, or academies/enclaves that are a different style. The "rank" robes would be a little bit different depending on where they are from. And have robes that are from certain force-using groups. And have robes for different ranks (Jedi Knight Robe from somewhere, then Jedi Master robe from somewhere), and then for the different classes. That would be nice.

That is a good suggestion. You should be on the crew that puts this thing together.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah that's a damn good idea. That way you could add customisations too like war robes would have armour and ceremonial robes etc. It could even help with influence, like turning up to the council dressed in an old torn robe could put you down and turning up dressed nicely could put you up.

More RPG features maybe?

Archived