Home

Who want to do the trench run and fly inside the 2 death star

Windu Chi

Who want to do the trench run on 1st death star and fly inside the 2 death star  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Who want to do the trench run on 1st death star and fly inside the 2 death star

Yes! These space battles just won't be complete without a Death Star to destroy (or be destroyed by).

Sadly I think it's a bit late in the development to add these objectives, unless of course they are already in the game and they just haven't told anybody about it yet, hardly likely they would definetly spread the word about these iconic battles to boost popularity, I fear the Death Stars will only appear in the background in these battles.

Of course you can fight inside the Death Star but this is really just an infantry corridor based map, it just isn't the same as flying through a chaotic space battle, out manuvering enemy TIE fighters through the tight inner tunnels, destroying the main reactor the escaping the ensuing inferno by seconds and triumphantly watching the Death Star explode.

If you played Galactic conquest, the bf42 mod, they had a nice trench run where the exaust port had damage rather than one tropedo kills everything. The sad thing is people used to take there xwings and run into the port, giving it damage, and won. :(

Where would the fighters spawn?

Mid-space? ok, then there would only be three possible objectives, destroy the Death Star, Destroy the Towers, or Destroy the TIEs.

Pretty boring map if they were going to stay that close to the movie.

The fighters can spawn from the planet as in movie,hey they promise every battle in the tralier and I want every damn battle from the saga in this game or don't release then. As any true to mark STAR WARS fan will agree. :firemad::firemad::swear::swear:

Spawning on the planet would be kind of cool but a bit impractical, I would be fine with a midspace spawn. The rebels would choose which class of starfighter to spawn as, X-wing or Y-wing, and would attack the Death Star. The imperials could spawn inside of the Death Star and enter ships or man turrets like normal.

Yes the battle would be diffrent from normal battlefront battles, no CP's to capture or reinforcement to deplete, instead each team has infinate respawns and one goal to complete. The rebels must destroy the Death Star, in order to acheive this they must get their proton torpedoes to enter the weak point, you must target it like you would any other enemy objective or unit but you have to wait until you reach a certain point before you fire, if you fire to early or to late your shots won't penetrate. It could be placed at such an angle that you must be in the trench to hit it effectivly.

The Imperials on the other hand must defend the Death Star until it can fire and destroy the planet Yavin IV. The Imperials win if the Death Star is still intact at the end and the rebels win whenever they manage to destroy it.

You might not think so but I think this scenario sounds kind of fun, a bit diffrent from the standerd battlefront style, but diffrent isn't always bad. A short intense space battle might be a fun break from all the long drawn out ones. But it's to late to be talking of such things now, they don't have enough time to add it now and even if they did they probably would not.

Well, I'm sort of divided on this one. I'll just start off the top.

For a game like this, it being a game based off of battles and such in Star Wars, I think it would have to be a general requirement to include a deathstar battle of some sort. Not necessarily specifically the trench run, however, but maybe something along those lines. The difficulty to produce this however is hard for sure, but for a game like Battlefront, developed by an actual dev team, it is something that should be in the game.

I would find it rather embaressing if the developer can't create a trench run, yet some group of individuals who made a mod were able to recreate it to some extent. And you folks know which mod I'm talking about ;\ And even though it was rather, ah, confusing to take off from the 'platform in the middle of space', it was still something to emulate the trench run to the best of their abilities.

So it's not so much of me saying 'I think the trench run sucks' or rather 'I think the trench run rocked' but rather just the fact of this is a Star Wars game based on Star Wars battles and leaving something which actually did have a very significant role in the film just seems kind of disappointing, if not disheartening.

Well, I'm sort of divided on this one. I'll just start off the top.

For a game like this, it being a game based off of battles and such in Star Wars, I think it would have to be a general requirement to include a deathstar battle of some sort. Not necessarily specifically the trench run, however, but maybe something along those lines. The difficulty to produce this however is hard for sure, but for a game like Battlefront, developed by an actual dev team, it is something that should be in the game.

I would find it rather embaressing if the developer can't create a trench run, yet some group of individuals who made a mod were able to recreate it to some extent. And you folks know which mod I'm talking about ;\ And even though it was rather, ah, confusing to take off from the 'platform in the middle of space', it was still something to emulate the trench run to the best of their abilities.

So it's not so much of me saying 'I think the trench run sucks' or rather 'I think the trench run rocked' but rather just the fact of this is a Star Wars game based on Star Wars battles and leaving something which actually did have a very significant role in the film just seems kind of disappointing, if not disheartening.

That is great ideas you mention, I just hope they included both Death Stars with ideas similer to yours.

The fighters can spawn from the planet as in movie,hey they promise every battle in the tralier and I want every damn battle from the saga in this game or don't release then. As any true to mark STAR WARS fan will agree. :firemad::firemad::swear::swear:

Grow up a little bit ok?

They can't bend over backwards for all the ridiculous things every lunatic hardcore star wars fan wants.

It took the fighters ages to fly from the planet, it wasn't even a good battle FFS, in another post you implied that true star wars fans believe that the force exists, in that case everyone but you isn't a star wars fan.

Just don't buy the game.

Grow up a little bit ok?

They can't bend over backwards for all the ridiculous things every lunatic hardcore star wars fan wants.

It took the fighters ages to fly from the planet, it wasn't even a good battle FFS, in another post you implied that true star wars fans believe that the force exists, in that case everyone but you isn't a star wars fan.

Just don't buy the game.

Hmm you must be one of those people who don't want the full Star Wars experiance you want to just play a GAME. ALSO YOU MUST DON'T HAVE A BOUNDLESS MIND TO BELIEVE INFINITE POSSIBILITIES.

True, yet this particular game claims to allow you to play on all the well known star wars locations, relive epic battles from any perspective you want. Some of the most well known space battles are the ones above the Death Stars. I think that these scenarios would fit perfectly with a Battlefront style game, especially since they are boasting about how they added space combat.

Although I'm kind of dissapointed, I understand why they won't add them, They already have plenty of maps and locations, enough to get plenty of people to buy the game. I guess it just seems to me that they arn't even attempting to go the extra mile and make the game, there just doing enough to get by, doing the stuff everyone expects and not even attempting to do the cool stuff nobody expects them to add to the game.

Of course would take a lot of creativity and extra effort. Personally I think it would be a great chance to make the game fun and unique, but then again what do I know? I'm no game designer, just a lowly wormlike consumer.

Hmm you must be one of those people who don't want the full Star Wars experiance you want to just play a GAME. ALSO YOU MUST DON'T HAVE A BOUNDLESS MIND TO BELIEVE INFINITE POSSIBILITIES.

Sorry to say...it looks like battlefront 2 is gonna disapoint you. BTW, define "full Star Wars experiance"? It seems like your defination of "full Star Wars experiance" is the exact playable replica of the movies. Well, you are wrong! "full Star Wars experiance" means able to get a fell that you part of the star wars saga, such as in space battles, being a hero, and duking it out with the trusty blasters.

Sorry to say...it looks like battlefront 2 is gonna disapoint you. BTW, define "full Star Wars experiance"? It seems like your defination of "full Star Wars experiance" is the exact playable replica of the movies. Well, you are wrong! "full Star Wars experiance" means able to get a fell that you part of the star wars saga, such as in space battles, being a hero, and duking it out with the trusty blasters.
Ok so what do you want to be in the game?

I think the devs got the game covered. Plus asking for something wont do anything now, for the game must have went gold already. Plus if the devs missed something now, it may come as a patch, expanison, or the modding community will fill it in. So dont worry, one game cant cover the massive saga, but it will do a heck of a job.

I think the devs got the game covered. Plus asking for something wont do anything now, for the game must have went gold already. Plus if the devs missed something now, it may come as a patch, expanison, or the modding community will fill it in. So dont worry, one game cant cover the massive saga, but it will do a heck of a job.
Well we all will see if this game is another diassapointment OR NOT IN 12 DAYS

Off Topic: GAH! Man you are really starting to tick off a lot of people here. The key is to stop while your ahead, you always seem to debate and argue everything if they have a different opinion from you, and most of the stuff you suggest can be (no offense) incredibly wierd. In another thread you posted about "A living force" being real. No. Just no. Sure there may be a dark energy but where does that give proof to being connected with a force. And i have a question: Do YOU have a boundless mind?

On Topic: I honastly think that a trench run is stupid. They made Rogue squadron for a reason. If you want one play that, a lot of suggestions popping up basically make this game a mix of 5 :smash:

Archived