Home

Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC

RobQel-Droma

Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC; Who will you be?  

141 members have voted

1. 1. Revan vs. Exile vs. New PC; Who will you be?

• Revan
    • The Exile
    • New PC
    • Don't Really Care

Well, since there have been discussions about whether to play as Revan/the Exile, or play as a new PC, I wondered what most people think. I would go for a new PC, I am not going to explain all my reasons, I just think it would be better; You start off with a "blank sheet" so to speak, you don't have to worry about the level of your character, or his items (he wouldn't have any :D), and you would choose your alignment as you went along, instead of choosing it at the beginning in the menu.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

New PC. The logistics of making the other two choices work are just too much. It doesn't make sense story-wise. It doesn't make sense gamplay-wise. It doesn't make sense.

Make it Revan's love child. Make it the Exile's second cousin. Just make it a new PC.

heh...the Exile's second cousin.

New PC, definitely. i'd hate to see this franchise end up with a Link or Samus Aran legacy PC since one of the most interesting aspects of TSL is that you aren't Revan. I've played the Exile, it's time to move on. And Achilles is right, it's a logistic nightmare to perpetuate either character.

New PC, but definately Revan and Exile should be important NPC's in the story. Evenif they aren't we should expect some deep information about them and what has happened. Or maybe, like TSL, you choose the path Revan and the Exile took via cunning selective dialogue options.

New PC, and it think it should be a person who is being trained by the new council of Jedi on Telos.(Assuming you played a light side character.)

I think, between the blending of Echani combat learned from Atton and Handmaiden as well as Visas' knowledge (force sight etc) and Bao-Dur's Technical expertise, This new NPC would be a formidable Jedi to go look for Revan and the Exile possibley with the help of Mira (she's good at tracking people) and the droids T3 and HK47. Of course, the Ebon Hawk would be yours again, because the Exile would not have taken it much like Revan did not.

If you played a dark side character, it would be possibley Korriban and you would be trained by Visas and whoever else was left from the Kotor II party if they became Sith and served the Exile.

New PC, and it think it should be a person who is being trained by the new council of Jedi on Telos.(Assuming you played a light side character.)
Man oh man. This has to be one of the best K3 ideas that I've seen.

You start off at the Academy at Telos (nice tie in with TSL). Atris is gone (because she could have died in the last game), but the Jedi are struggling to rebuild and there are other Masters there to train you. Being a Jedi Academy with Jedi and Sith artifacts, it would make a great lead in for LS and DS play. Because it was a planet from TSL, they can tie the games together without having to resurrect Dantooine or Korriban.

Major kudos to you. I think you're definitely on to something.

My idea is that you play as Revan's Padawan/Sith Apprentice. At the beginning, the Ebon Hawk crashlands on whatever planet Revan and his/her Padawan/Sith Apprentice. The Exile gets out and says "Revan, is that you?", then you can say "No, I'm his Padawan learner", "No, I'm her Padawan learner", "No, I'm his Sith Apprentice" or "No, I'm her Sith Apprentice", also determining Revan's Gender and Alignment. Although Revan can still change alignments.

^ Who is Ry'ghol?

I think that is like the True Sith name for "the Exile" or something like that.

Yes, that's how they would be called by the True Sith (I guess). As far as I see it, Revan (according to my dictionary, no necesearily true of course :D ) means "The Destined One" and Ry'ghol means "The Exile".

Doesn't mean that it's ture, but still...

Yes, that's how they would be called by the True Sith (I guess). As far as I see it, Revan (according to my dictionary, no necesearily true of course :D ) means "The Destined One" and Ry'ghol means "The Exile".

Doesn't mean that it's ture, but still...

So you're saying that the Exile would have been known as Darth Ry'ghol

So you're saying that the Exile would have been known as Darth Ry'ghol

Yes, but he would call himself Darth Kane (when he falls to the Dark Side that is).

I think all of us should be writing for Kotor III, because our ideas are already way better than they had in kotor II.

I agree, but still Obsidian made an ending that opens MILLION more possible endings, so they did at least something good with the story.

I have an imagination that Bioware and Obsidian work together on KOTOR 3, and that they hire some people (or volontiers) from their and these Forums to write the scenario for KOTOR 3 and make ideas for improvments for gameplay; otherwise: I'd choose Bioware over Obsidian in less than 1/300000 of a second (the amount of time that requiers light to travel 1 kilometre).

Archived