Home

Guybrush: As dead as Manny?

I say, I say

Its been almost 6 years since LucasArts released EMI and I thinking the other day that we had to wait 6 years for CMI to be released (though no-one was expecting it after the ending to MI2) but is there ever going to be an MI5? Since reading the notice on the Scumm Bar website I'm unsure now. It seems LucasArts has set itself on continuing the Star Wars craze just because it sells. It seems like Monkey Island has hit a dead-end perhaps?

I'm still waiting on Dreamfall (the sequel to The Longest Journey) and Revolution say they're gonna do another Broken sword, which isn't a bad thing.

I haven't got any hopes for an MI5, but if they do do one, I'll probably buy it just to see what it's like. For all we know, some other company could buy the rights and do it properly as I wouldn't trust LucasArts to do it properly. BUt even if they did do it, I'd buy it for curiosities sake.

vampyre story looks good, the others don't really. I never got into the broken sword games, but ive always wanted to, sadly its impossible to obtain them in this little hole of a city.

adventure games really need a new template, PnC is outdated, the platformer is OK, but it loses that cinematic quality, i think farenheit is onto something but who knows.

Archived