Home

Last of the Mandalorians?

JediRevan

And here comes a double post. Well, it would be nice if you don't multi post, and don't necro old threads.

But yeah mandalorians are a civilation more than a species(or taung or whatever you call it from caruscant) That is why there are non-human mandalorians. It doesn't matter if you are born from mandaorian parents, or just a really tough slave, if you are good enough, you will be accepted. You die in battle if you are week.

Its actually a bit like spartans really, but with a more diverce culture when it comes to pecies and bloodlines. There are few Mandalorian laws, and if you do something bad worse you can recieve would be being sent for the most dangerous battles, where you can actually regain your honor.

Speaking of which, are Death Watch considered Mandalorians? Technically they are a splintered group, and they survive well after the fall of republic.

BTW Jango's fater is a journeyman protector I think, so hardly a slave.

so wat he still wasnt a mandalorian so he wasnt the last one how could he be if he wasnt mandalorian

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe it means he was born on a certain planet (and that planet no longer exists).

Perhaps the term comes from "Man of the Lore." In their culture there was one man who kept all their stories ("lore") in his mind to repeat them to people for their enjoyment and to pass on the legends. Over time the term got shortened to "Mandalore." Due to the pervasive influence of modern technology the storytelling tradition began to gradually die out, until finally he was the last "Mandalore" (Mandalorian).

Who knows...

well, call me an idiot, I seem to remember seeing on the net that Jango came from Concord Dawn, and that the Mandolorians are a cult. that sound about righ???

btw: I can't imagine Jango, a ruthless bounty hunter, telling stories... :blast5:

call me a double poster too but I just researched it on the net and it turns out his parents were killed (or abandoned him) and he was "raised by the madalorian warrior army" turns out they were all killed in the jedi civil war, so jango is the last of them...

ps: anyone think the clones are madalorians

mandalorians is a race of aliens and NO jango isnt the last and im not talking about boba im talking about the death watch.... the death watch is his old mandalrian clan i think... he was kicked out and yeah and death watch still exist even dring the period of the origninal trilogy and mandalorains like i said is a race of "aliens" if you would say that...

O and i have played star wars bounty hunter for PS2 wich puts you on as the role of jango and you find this stuff out

• 1 month later...

kriea said that "mandalorians would be destroyed until their aromor falls upon a man too easily slain by a jedi" wich apperently points to either jangos death by mace or bobas death by luke so considered to this he was a mandalorian but he was a merc as canderous says in kotor 2 "many of us have fell from honors path" wich points to hundreds of mandalorian mercs after the mandlorian wars

Well, remember that Kreia's words is her prediction only, and they are words wrapped in HER POINT OF VIEW. So to sum it up:

1) She is good at making predictions, but not infallable, or she would be able to control Exile entirely.

2) Her predictions includes HER POINT OF VIEW.What SHE considers to be the end of mandalorian.

3) SHe is also some manupilative witch.

But yeah, her prediction of the end would be that of Jango. The Luke thing is a bit harder to guess. Plus, Luke is officially a Jedi after his last visit to Yoda?

i know what you say but in that point kriea WAS telling the future not what she belives for example remember what she said about republics fall "republic will fall but a fall that will take a milleneia" and also kriea is one of my favorite characters all she says is true

Well, what I mean is that, Kreia can see that THE REPUBLIC WILL FALL, but she may not be able to see HOW it falls, so the FALL that she sees may not be any specific one. And even then the idea of "fall" is subject to her opinion. So she might consider the takeover of Palpy republic's fall (most popular opinion) or that republic is fallen well before then, when the system is corrupted and dysfunctional. Hack, she might even consider the fall to be when the new republic and alliance dies.

So her ability to see the future may be more limited than one can think.

But her prediction is generally right, about the death of republic and Mandalorians, one way or another.

I think mandolorian is just a belief, oh, and there are Mandolorian women.

QFE.

Yes, it is a Belief, culture, lifestyle, etc. That, and Jester the "Mando" that picks him up is quite human (at least he looks that way).And oh, it is not a raid, more like the Fett family is caught between a Mandolorian civil war.

I think mandolorian is just a belief, oh, and there are Mandolorian women.

Jango was not a mando[if that is such a race] he was a kid that was captured in a mando raid, so basically he was raised by the mandos.

There are definitley women who are Mandalorian warriors as I have an issue of Star Wars Insider explicitley stating it in text and showing it in pictures in a feature about Mandalorian culture. Im not a "Fandalorian" as such but I think a culture of Fett's is a cool idea and yet another interesting piece of the Star Wars universe.

As far as I know the Mandalorians of ancient times where a alien race of grey skinned beings who where a culture of warriors. Over time they allowed other races to join their forces and way of life until eventually, either through infighting, some natural calamity or simlply cross breeding with other races these original Mandalorians met the same fate as the original Sith people's... their legacy lived on not through race but a way of life or perhaps an ideal. Anyway the Mandalorians since then where warriors who donned impressive armor and lived following the traditions of the ancient clans of their ancestors.

The Wookiepedia article about the Mandalorians sheds more light on the subject. :fett2:

There are definitley women who are Mandalorian warriors as I have an issue of Star Wars Insider explicitley stating it in text and showing it in pictures in a feature about Mandalorian culture. Im not a "Fandalorian" as such but I think a culture of Fett's is a cool idea and yet another interesting piece of the Star Wars universe.

As far as I know the Mandalorians of ancient times where a alien race of grey skinned beings who where a culture of warriors. Over time they allowed other races to join their forces and way of life until eventually, either through infighting, some natural calamity or simlply cross breeding with other races these original Mandalorians met the same fate as the original Sith people's... their legacy lived on not through race but a way of life or perhaps an ideal. Anyway the Mandalorians since then where warriors who donned impressive armor and lived following the traditions of the ancient clans of their ancestors.

The Wookiepedia article about the Mandalorians sheds more light on the subject. :fett2:

Thanks, finally someone help support my points. And from my memory I think the original species are called Taung or something, and right from the now city covered planet :)

• 4 weeks later...
Then why is it stated on one of the Star Wars websites or it might have been wikipedia, that Jango Fett was the last of the Mandalorians????

Wikipedia is not always right, my freind posted something about star trek that wasn't true, and theres many points saying that there were more Mandos. The book Star Wars : Bloodlines is one. The Mandos are on a small part of there homeworld. :wstupid:

• 1 month later...
I read somewhere online that Jango Fett was the last of the Mandalorians. If he agreed to have himself cloned then how can he be the last of the Mandalorians?

just bcuz he was cloned doesnt mean his clones are Mandalorians, and if u think about it he is THE LAST Mandalorian, if you count the clones as Mandalorians, they're him arent they?

Well, a few interesting points:

1) The facial features of Taung is unknown at best, what image we get are masked, so Taung can be just another culture of "Known Sentients" in the galaxy to start with.

2) Really, even by the time of Revan/KotOR mandalorians is viewed as a culture/military and such, and consists of more than one species.

• 1 month later...

This question is similar to asking "Is Jedi/Nungirl Vao decendent of Mission Vao?"

Chances are its too many years and generations in between that a prove is next to impossable to find. Even if they are from the same family they can still be adoptions/cheaters/affairs/etc and what not so there is no proof that they are really related by blood, unless defined specificly by the author.

Archived