Home

Being able to play as an alien

Beast421

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Beast421 = Crazy...

What are you talking about state your opinion about the thread or keep quite, I 'm just saying what if , and would it be so bad? You so called die hards hear a suggetion which anyone should be able to submit , and then we get replys like the romance factor in a game , That factor is so small and insignifigant I can't belive I am bothering to respond to this crap, so ya I must be crazy as long as you guys agree that it might be possible that it could happen !

You sir, are trying to hold a theory to all principals and possibilities, this is defunct in essence and that makes you slightly crazy, also

"I know But sometimes you have to step outside the norm to get results which means we as humans have to be adaptable to change cause ya never know they may go that way......"

this was ridiculously off topic, Mr. Hypocrisy...

You sir, are trying to hold a theory to all principals and possibilities, this is defunct in essence and that makes you slightly crazy, also

"I know But sometimes you have to step outside the norm to get results which means we as humans have to be adaptable to change cause ya never know they may go that way......"

this was ridiculously off topic, Mr. Hypocrisy...

Hyporcrit am I you better get a dictonary because there is nothing hypocritical about stating ones opinion,

To be honest I'd probably play as Human anyway.

Then why would you care if there were extra options for the rest of us? If you're going to play as human anyway, why bother complaining about having species options.

I would definitely try a Zabrak character at least once. And just because someone doesn't like the idea of a certain species being a jedi doesn't mean that's the same opinion as everyone else.

The number one point here is they would be OPTIONAL, not mandatory. So what's the big deal?

And as far as the romance thing goes... anyone ever watch Farscape or the original Star Trek?

List if Cross-Species Couples

-Chiana and D'Argo (Farscape)

-Crichton and Aeryn (Farscape)

-Stark and Zhaan (Farscape)

-Spock's parents (Star Trek)

-over half the women Kirk seduced (Star Trek)

-if I were a real jerk I'd do triple this list.

My point being why should it matter if your PC is a different species? This is romance we're talking about, not sex/procreation. Just cause twi'leks and bothans can't have kids doesn't mean your main char can't be a bothan! It's just a game people.

Then why would you care if there were extra options for the rest of us? If you're going to play as human anyway, why bother complaining about having species options.

I would definitely try a Zabrak character at least once. And just because someone doesn't like the idea of a certain species being a jedi doesn't mean that's the same opinion as everyone else.

The number one point here is they would be OPTIONAL, not mandatory. So what's the big deal?

And as far as the romance thing goes... anyone ever watch Farscape or the original Star Trek?

List if Cross-Species Couples

-Chiana and D'Argo (Farscape)

-Crichton and Aeryn (Farscape)

-Stark and Zhaan (Farscape)

-Spock's parents (Star Trek)

-over half the women Kirk seduced (Star Trek)

-if I were a real jerk I'd do triple this list.

My point being why should it matter if your PC is a different species? This is romance we're talking about, not sex/procreation. Just cause twi'leks and bothans can't have kids doesn't mean your main char can't be a bothan! It's just a game people.

Amen to that

I am going on what is probable and what they have been doing for that last two games. If you consider that to be a closed mind, then you must think that a open mind means you believe everything and anything will happen. -->

Person: "Hey, why don't we play in an alternate universe of Star Wars for KotOR III, and have to get back."

Person 2: "No, that would not work."

Person: "You must have a closed mind." :xp:

And of course, it is not a sex game, but why would a character want a Rodian/whatever anyways?

I am going on what is probable and what they have been doing for that last two games. If you consider that to be a closed mind, then you must think that a open mind means you believe everything and anything will happen. -->

Person: "Hey, why don't we play in an alternate universe of Star Wars for KotOR III, and have to get back."

Person 2: "No, that would not work."

Person: "You must have a closed mind." :xp:

And of course, it is not a sex game, but why would a character want a Rodian/whatever anyways?

Better refrase KOTOR Universe Because in Star Wars universe there are Alien Jedis and most of them seem more powerful than the humans , it is just all the stories are based around us humans

Better refrase KOTOR Universe Because in Star Wars universe there are Alien Jedis and most of them seem more powerful than the humans , it is just all the stories are based around us humans

Last time I checked on powerful Jedi, I didn't notice that Luke or Anakin had green skin :xp:. Why are they based around humans? Because we ARE humans.

And the problem is as DarthMoeller suggested. It might have to change the story differently for each different species. You would have different storylines, different things that would happen at certain points depending on who you are.

And the problem is as DarthMoeller suggested. It might have to change the story differently for each different species. You would have different storylines, different things that would happen at certain points depending on who you are.

I don't see why the plot would have to change... If I replaced the human Revan of KOTOR1 with a twi'lek, would it actually change anything? He/she was still the dark lord of the sith. Malak still betrayed Revan, and you would still have to escape Taris, run errands on Dantooine, find the star maps, etc. You'd just have head tails instead of hair. *shrug*

Everyone's so worried that adding this one character customization feature will ruin the game's plot or derail the entire story... But the game's plot isn't THAT specific, not down to character gender and not down to character race. The story is the same if you play through male as it is female. The difference is only in your character.

It might be fun to have that choice... I don't see why it could hurt any. A perfect example of how this could work is JA. That game has human Jedi, Twi'lek Jedi, Rodian Jedi, Kel-Dor Jedi... heck, even a Twi'lek Sith! And the big boss for that game is a species I don't recognize... definitely diverse. No reason why Kotor can't have a few aliens, unless you are this guy:

That is why, I, Gorton Culu, have formed the Anti-Alien League!...

Archived