Home

reading the features to "rebellion" on lucasarts.com....

Sithxace

haha i got a kick out of this heres what they have as the huge features:

* Set in the Star Wars galaxy with up to 200 worlds to explore and control

Yea thats cool, but there just planets on a map, they made it sound like theres 200 worlds to explore in depth!

* Players can take command of either the Rebel Alliance or the Empire

ok yea, next....

* Strategy portion lets players manage manufacturing, resources, fleet deployment and mission assignments

Ok, the strategy was great, next....

* Innovative real-time 3D Tactical component lets players micromanage battle sequences – almost a separate game in itself

HAHAHA this is where i got the most laughs, even back then it was nowhere near a seperate game within itself!!!!!!!!!!!

* Players "play" characters drawn from Star Wars, such as Luke Skywalker, Mon Mothma and Admiral Thrawn. 55 characters in all

I loved this, the characters were all awesome. From the way you could use them as admirals or doing missions, hope EaW uses them like this too.

* Varying difficulty levels for novice and veteran players

This shouldn't have been included, this is always a given...

* Infinite hours of gameplay: new games require new strategies

Yea true this game deff took up lots of hours.

===================================================

Ill say it again, keep rebellion as is, update the interface graphics, implement the ground and space battles into rebellion and u got the ultimate starwars strategy game! who agrees?

I would love a re-make of Rebellion. That game was really fun after you got the hang of it. I would love a remake with better graphics and more tactical interface. If you havent played Rebellion you should it is a great game, if your willing to take about 3-10 days to learn all about it. 3 days being for the super fast learners lol. I took me about two weeks to truly understand everything completely.

I loved Rebellion, but only around two years after I bought it. I bought it when it came out and I stunk at it. Stunk bad. lol. I remember getting so frustrated at the learning curve. I picked it back up two year later, learned it and loved it. I still play it from time to time thanks to the editor that was made. I can place my own characters in there for some of the weird ones, or make Thrawn more of a genius, etc. :)

Archived