Home

Booted for team killing in SWBF2...are they crazy?!

Darth Groovy

From what I understand theres a bunch of noobs online booting anyone who's better than them, killed them, captured more cps than them or got the jedi when they wanted it. This is why I may not even go online, if people are weak that they have to boot everyone because it will raise their rank on the scoreboard they should be blocked from where they bull**** booted at.

Contact Lucasarts and ask them to set up a mod system so bull**** booters get banned on sight.

OMG, how many times do I have to say this?

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

Dude was whining because two sith ganged up on a Jedi. Big friggin deal. I was playing as Maul, and he was playing as Vader. We sent Luke to death via team work. Does anyone else understand me now? I can break this down play by play if need be.

Sorry, I thought that both you two attacked him and you killed them both. But now I see no reason that you should have been booted, even by n00bs.

From what I understand theres a bunch of noobs online booting anyone who's better than them, killed them, captured more cps than them or got the jedi when they wanted it. This is why I may not even go online, if people are weak that they have to boot everyone because it will raise their rank on the scoreboard they should be blocked from where they bull**** booted at.

Contact Lucasarts and ask them to set up a mod system so bull**** booters get banned on sight.

I actually thought about that today, that's a great idea. I don't worry about the weekly score boards, because I go up or down depending on what kind of a day I am having. Most of the time I am pretty consistent, and above average. Today it was a little lower, but I DID finally learn how to fly space craft, and I managed to perfect it one afternoon, so I am pretty proud of myself. I am no longer afraid to fly! :)

so has it gotten any better with the booting online? i haven't played it since then. and yes friendly fire was off. i wasn't having any problems in the rooms that friendly fire was on in.

and yes flying in the ships was a bit tricky but i got the hang of it too and it's a lot of fun

So you and another dude on your team killed another person on the other team together and they got mad?

One thing--I thought you could only boot people on your own team. (i.e. someone on your team deliberatly kills you so you boot him)

But besides that, if you only did it once, then that is OK, but it's kind of wrong if possibly the two of you were sitting there waiting for someone to come by so that you could take them out instantly--that would be very annoying--but it sound like you just by chance were both in the area and attacked at the same time--which isn't wrong--so yeah.

It sounds like the "team killing" option is always there. You could boot somebody for some totally unrelated reason (or no reason at all) and still use the "boot for teamkilling" option.

They should disable the option if Friendly Fire is off. I mean I guess technically you can still team kill with it off, if you use ingenious methods like blasting them off a platform on purpose, but still.

Since so many players are so anal about TKing in SWBF1 and SWBF2 (I hate that about both games), they probably figure that accusing you of TKing is a surefire way to justify your booting. I mean let's say somebody is beating them or "stealing their kills" or something related to petty jealousy... just accuse them of team killing as you boot them. Then people who aren't paying attention will think "good riddance" and not give it anymore thought.

It's sort of like accusing somebody of cheating or scripting in other FPS games we know (which I won't mention).

I know that they have the team vote kick option, but the deal is that the admin can boot anybody for any reason, or no reason at all. He's a dictator, like any other game. But features like this I think are just dishonest and confusing.

As for getting mad because two enemies ganged up on you? CRY ME A RIVER! GO HOME AND LEARN HOW TO BE A GOOD SPORT YOU WHINER!

Sheesh. Seriously. Picking off solo enemies or people who don't know how to use teamwork is PART OF THE GAME. Duh! Its the guy who got ganged up on's fault for not sticking with his pals for protection.

And if this guy wants to argue fairness, he should stick with his teammates, that's the whole point of those buffs. The game is designed for teamplay, period. No quarter or bonus should be given to people who try to subvert that and turn a team mode into a one vs. one duel! And if he wants to argue the movies, there are tons of instances of characters ganging up on enemies. It's a favorite tactic of the good guys in fact.

Seriously, these guys are noobs if they complain about that, and sore losers.

And that Leaderboards abuse thing is quite pathetic. These guys have serious self esteem issues if they feel the need to "cheat" by booting better players to avoid their rank decreasing. I knew that sore loser booting of better players was an epidemic in many games (which meant turning voting off was essential, though it wouldn't stop jerk admins from doing it), but this just makes me wish they would disable the LeaderBoards for internet play.

;P

Rant off...

well, technically this thread is on TeamGanking not TeamKilling. Either way. I seriously think people should not mix space maps w/ land maps though. They are technically two different things

Especially on CTF matches. First time I played a CTF match in outer space, I had to giggle. I got used to it though.

nice post Kurgan

And if this guy wants to argue fairness, he should stick with his teammates, that's the whole point of those buffs. The game is designed for teamplay, period. No quarter or bonus should be given to people who try to subvert that and turn a team mode into a one vs. one duel! And if he wants to argue the movies, there are tons of instances of characters ganging up on enemies. It's a favorite tactic of the good guys in fact.

I agree with this. If you go off and "do your own thing" your team will usually lose. Though sometimes if you get sniped you just have to find out who did it and pay them back. It's only fair.

Have they fixed the mics yet? That was another annoying this. Sometimes people would get on and say they were someone else while being annoying just to get random people booted. Or those that would spend the entire time sending boot requests.

can you tell I've had issues?

nice post Kurgan

I agree with this. If you go off and "do your own thing" your team will usually lose. Though sometimes if you get sniped you just have to find out who did it and pay them back. It's only fair.

Have they fixed the mics yet? That was another annoying this. Sometimes people would get on and say they were someone else while being annoying just to get random people booted. Or those that would spend the entire time sending boot requests.

can you tell I've had issues?

I'm on xbox mind you.

Fortunately, my issues have been pretty minimal. I had an issue last weekend where this young kid kept making random idiotic noises for no reason at all. It was annoying as all sin. The hard part about this game, is you can't really tell who is who, or else he would have been booted early on. One thing that pisses me off, is when the host ends the game just a few minutes before the match ends. Especially when your kicking some ass. No xbox game has come close to the online interface that Halo 2 has, but SWBF2 is pretty top notch. If there was a better way to define players in game, we could get them booted for behaving like a juvenile. :/ The only other thing that pisses me off is when some head case declares themself the ruler of a team, and starts to belittle his/her teamates for not following orders, in other words "you guys/girls are terrible, you all suck...blah blah blah." I will ALWAYS leave a match when that starts, because I have a low tolerance of poor sportsmanship, and over all craptastic behavior in multiplayer games. People like that, is the reason I stopped playing Halo 2. :/

...The only other thing that pisses me off is when some head case declares themself the ruler of a team, and starts to belittle his/her teamates for not following orders, in other words "you guys/girls are terrible, you all suck...blah blah blah."...People like that, is the reason I stopped playing Halo 2. :/

Just do better than him or her. That way, the player can't say you suck without saying he or she sucks too.

Tell me about it... Halo 2 has the worst community ever, or just Xbox Live in general. I've played Halo 2 and Battlefront 2 with XBconnect at a friend's house, and Halo 2 felt more fun with XBconnect. Almost no one has a mic, and things are just quiet. It's great, altough Battlefront 2 seemed to bug up when playing online.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I've been running into so many little b*tches hosting that boot people for the most stupid reasons. Like Darth Groovy said, TK is off and when you team up with an allie and slaughter a few people they get pissed and boot you. Other trivial things like taking kills when someone is taking 10 minutes to hack and slash someone to death; I sweep in and end it quick w/ a saber charge. These winy people online that boot others b/c they're not playing fair is getting old. LIFE IS NOT FAIR, especially when you

suck at playing the game. Sorry thats my little rant for the month.

You can complain when it is intentional. On Conquest, following a guy who is shooting all the team mates in front of him and you watch and the only people he is killing is YOUR TEAM! That is obvious intentional. Also I got on board a troop transport that was full and this jerk named "adopt me!!" went the wrong way around our capital ship, then typed that he was going to ram the ship and kill us all. So he wasted about 2 minutes of our time, killed us, and laughed about it. Then proceeded to tell us how he likes to shoot down allies ships.

These jerks suck so bad at the game that they have to TK. To bad there isn't a way to mark these intentional TKs so they would be punished somehow.

On Conquest, following a guy who is shooting all the team mates in front of him and you watch and the only people he is killing is YOUR TEAM!

I see that stuff on Halo all the time, these weird guys just killing people in the spawning room, and you know what? We kill them on Halo. You remember their name and everyone kills them, and they leave.

...These winy people online that boot others b/c they're not playing fair is getting old. LIFE IS NOT FAIR...
Well, I don't like players who use unfair tactics, such as spawn camping with vehicles, but its part of the game. You have to know how to get out of any spot. I don't boot those people. Rather, I find it much more fun to discretely capture all the other CP posts while they torment one. Then they sunddly lose and have no idea why. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I avoid random MP matches for this very reason, I learned my lesson in Jedi Knight - getting booted for being accused of cheating when I wasn't, now days I will only join games from friends or host games for my friends. People get mad and will make any excuse they can to justify their losing.

Archived