Home

Booted for team killing in SWBF2...are they crazy?!

Darth Groovy

I was playing on celebrity death match set up for 300 kills LATE tonite. Two guys on my team were booted for "team killing", (mind you freindly fire is off on this match) and another one was booted for "choking too much". Are these guys crazy, or just sore loosers? Two guys on the opposing team kept doing the same move over and over and over. Two guys playing as Ki-Adi-Mundi, standing on the roof, and spamming the force-pull hack and slash trick. Got old in a hurry.

Seriously though, how can you bitch about "team killing" on a team based multiplayer game?!?!

Thoughts...comments:

last night i started my server and some {axis} man was trying to boot somebody on the server for team killing and team kill was off nobody was talking to him so he probly hated my clan for some reason was he on that server because it might have been him again.

hk, I find your lack of periods disturbing. :xp:

This was a clear cut case of somebody booting somebody simply because they were not winning, and/or getting killed too many times in a row. Where in the rules is it against pulling off a team based kill? One sith on the right, one sith on the left....teamwork kills the Jedi. Why should somebody be booted for that? It's a team based game for cripe's sake! LA/Pandemic needs to do something about that force pull glitch too. It gets annoying when they do it over, and over, and over again. Especially when two guys are camping on a roof and pulling everyone up and slicing them in mid air. You don't even stand a chance unless you can force push your way out of a pull. And if they get pulled from behind...forget it.

Well, you won't boot them on his first TK, would you?

Even in FF=Off servers, 1-2 TK may be accidents(bad driving, nade splash accidents, etc).

People should lighten up a bit.

And if FF is ON and server did not advertise them in the name, the host iis a fricken N00b. Play on a real server!!

Actually most people perfers FF=OFF anyways.

You can boot for team killing even when FF is off? That's pretty silly, and a major oversight if true.

The "reason" is just that... a line of text. You could boot somebody because you didn't like them and claim it was "for team killing." They should just remove the option to use that one if FF is off.

Frankly I would have been fine with them removing Friendly Fire from this game entirely, or made no team damage the default option. It's far too often abused, and rarely "works" on the internet.

What is the force pull glitch?

Theres been alot of in game discussion on this. When a guy like Ki-Adi-Mundi does a force pull on you, he can hack you down with one or two slashes. People are undetermined if this is a glitch, or some sort of hidden rewards. At any rate, it's pretty annoying when the player is force pulling you and killing you with one or two saber slashes and your on full health.

And I want to clear something up. The team killing I refer too is two members on the same side teaming up to kill one opponent. Should that be wrong on a widespread multiplayer game like this one? The irony is that the same hosts were using the force pull "glitch" in sync to kill one opponent at a time. Talk about your double standards. :/

Hello everyone

Some SWBFII servers are set to boot people automatically for high ping numbers. Then you might get a message saying - player 1 booted for team killing. We frequently run into the same problem ourselves when we schedule clan matches. As a matter a fact last night our server owner/administrator couldn't join his server (!!!) because the latter kept booting him.

This isn't exactly about the topic, but is related. When I played the Beta in September, and played a CTF match on Utapau, someone ended the game because nobody would score and before you'd get the point, someone would kill you. I found this annoying since I was doing so well. So, my pointing is the the host can boot everyone if they want to.

Hello everyone

Some SWBFII servers are set to boot people automatically for high ping numbers. Then you might get a message saying - player 1 booted for team killing. We frequently run into the same problem ourselves when we schedule clan matches. As a matter a fact last night our server owner/administrator couldn't join his server (!!!) because the latter kept booting him.

Well that clears up a thing or too. I totally didn't know that.

Just one of the many reasons NOT to play online in SWBFII

Jeezum Crow, why bother? 75% of the satisfaction I get on this game is the playing on line. I have mostly good days, and only occasional bad days. On the team we can start off with getting down to just one Command Post, but depending on team work, can still gain back command posts and win the match. AI is PRETTY good in this game, but does not hold a candle to live play. And you can't always get AI bots to do what needs to be done as quickly as human being does. Plus, I have a ball chatting with my team mates while i'm racking up my kill counts. :)

Fixed!

Har har! I am teh funnee!

That's enough out of you Halo boy! :p

I kept getting booted in a bunch of games for team killing. also in a few CF games. after a while i got annoyed and quit playing. that was about 2 weeks ago. i would log in and before i could spawn i'd get booted. in CF i'd capture the flag a couple of times and i would get booted, granted i wasn't the only one but it was annoying.

Just don't team kill. Check your targets and your surrounding area before you fire. Watch out for frendlies coming around courners or doors when you throw your gernades. If you are carefull, you can make it through an intense game without any team kills.

Of course, that doesn't stop the people who boot others because they are winning or took a vehicle/flag that he or she wanted. Sometimes people accendently boot others. Its not too hard to select the wrong name.

Make sure you look up a player being booted before you vote to boot the player. Remember, not voting doesn't mean the player won't be booted. You have to vote 'no'. All you need to boot someone is two 'yes' votes and no 'no' votes.

Just don't team kill. Check your targets and your surrounding area before you fire. Watch out for frendlies coming around courners or doors when you throw your gernades. If you are carefull, you can make it through an intense game without any team kills.

OMG, how many times do I have to say this?

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

FRIENDLY FIRE WAS OFF.

Dude was whining because two sith ganged up on a Jedi. Big friggin deal. I was playing as Maul, and he was playing as Vader. We sent Luke to death via team work. Does anyone else understand me now? I can break this down play by play if need be.

Archived