Home

The Hundred Year Darkness (The Second Great Schism)

Shana

The door was hissing open, but Emukiel extended his hand and the door closed again and locked. "We are not finished, Jedi knight" he said with a strong voice and opened his eyes. The master stood quietly on his place and smiled. "You have finished the first part of the test. Now for the second" he said and took a step towards him. "Explain to me, what is the force and where doest the rues strenght of a jedi come from" he said and smiled. He was now starting to question his knowledge of the force

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriphyn hung his head. Now he was done for.

He turned around and smiled. Seriphyn would have to improvise.

"The Force...the Force..." he begun hesitantly.

He frowned in embarrassment, trying to hold back coming tears. He closed his eyes briefly.

"The Force...is an energy field...created by all living things. It...it" He stuttered, "It surrounds us and...penetrates us...binds the galaxy together. And..."

Seriphyn looked towards the floor briefly, before backing up, "It's where a Jedi gets his power, it-it flows through oneself. And strength...a Jedi's strength...comes from defence"

He looked at Emukiel directly in the eyes with a sombre look, "Never attack"

Seriphyn felt like a hypocrite saying that. It was never like that for himself. It was almost as if he was lying but, perhaps, it was more of a self-assessment.

"I have seen you on the battlefield. The power of a jedi lies in defence. If we can defend ourselves long enought, the enemy will tire itself and we will have the opporyunity to defend ourselves. Of course, this cannot be obliged fully on a battlefield" he said and started walking around him in a wide circle. "Attacking cost you your arms, and did it pay for itself? No" he said and looked straight into his eyes with a look that drilled itself deep inside his mind and seemed to dig every secret from his memory, even if Emukiel could not read his mind.

"You tell of the force, but tell only the scientific side. The force comes from inside, and you decide on how it comes out. Some believe that the force can be altered in your likings, which will of course mean that you also risk yourself" he said, starting a lecture, but suddenly stopping. "What do you think of passion between jedi?"

Seriphyn nodded his head slightly. He agreed with the how defence is greater then attack argument. But then, when he heard the word 'passion', he looked to one side.

"I find it..." Seriphyn hesitated, "...odd in how a Jedi is one of the most compassionate people in the galaxy, yet they are not allowed to love"

He nodded his head slowly before answering the question.

"If it cannot be controlled," he emphasised that bit, "Then it could lead to the Dark Side. One cares for another so much that, if that another dies, the other falls into a rage because of their loss. And, as we all know, rage is an element of the Dark Side"

Seriphyn opened his mouth and was going to go on about how he could make himself and Jill work, but he made nothing more then a faint tonsil noise before closing his mouth again.

He continued circling him for a while before stopping infront of him and shaking his head.

"So, because those are your words, not of mine, do you now understand why the council does not want you and Jill be that close?" he asked and waved his hand infront of himself, the door clanking a couple of time as it unlocked and then hissed open. "You may leave. Meditate over this, and try to reconnect yourself with the force, for your military training has clouded the path you have been treading. I will inform the council that you have passed the test and can be trusted, but I will not yet support for you to achieve the rank of a jedi master..." he said and shook his head quietly before continuing. "Not before you have found the path you chose when you were a youngling" he said and so ended the test. He turned his back to Seriphyn and walked to the wall behind the seats the jedi council had used. He pressed a button on the wall and it opened slowly, showing the planet they were above of. He crossed his hand behind him and looked down at the planet quietly, closing his eyes and taking deep breaths

For once, Seriphyn agreed with Emukiel, but perhaps not with the Jill business. He bowed, even though Emukiel wasn't looking. He smiled to himself; Seriphyn seemed to be on easy ground with Emukiel now.

That is, if he seperates himself from Jill, which he didn't intend to do. He scrunched up his face in annoyance and confusion, and then buried it in his hands.

He sighed and turned around to leave, tapping his fingers on his thighs as he went. The doors before him sweeped open and saw Jill standing alone. Seriphyn walked up to her.

"How is it going?" he said with a friendly smile.

Jill smiled back to him.

- "Really bad, this whole thing is making me feel uneasy...all my friends have been taken by the sith, and now I'm here alone...I feel like I abandoned them when they needed me" - Jill said.

==============

Juhn-Kai entered the room, his arms were crossed and his mind was elsewhere until he had arrived at where Emukiel was.

- "What is it Eki, how did he do?" - Juhn-Kai asked.

Emukiel stood there, looking outside for a moment and then turned to see him. He had his hands cross infront of himself and he sighed.

"He passed the test, but his feelings towards Jill are dangerously strong" he said and shook his head, taking a short pause.

"He has lost the jedi path and needs some very hard training to come back. He knows that affection and using his powers to attacking is against the jedi code, but he does not see it that way when he is on the battlefield. He also needs meditation lessons. I have not seen him meditating once before the battle and not once now" he said and shook his head, starting to walk towards Juhn-Kai.

"I have little faith in him, but if you train him well, I can support him when it comes to giving him his first apprentice and the rank of a master"

Emukiel nodded silently and looked back outside, shaking his head slowly. "If you need me to help you with the training, I will try, but if you do not mind, I must speak to the jedi of my academy" he said and wlked out of the conference room, stopping next to Valgo.

"Keep an eye on Seriphyn. I don't want him giving all the jedi here a bad image" he said quickly before walking off.

He slowly stepped up on a pedestal infront of the jedi of the transport and the jedi of the other transports throught their comlinks as a hologram.

"Jedi of Sriluur, I am here now and in despair. I stand here now, not as the head of the academy or a council member, but as a fellow jedi. The dark side has risen from the shadows, and I want everyone to know that the jedi order believes in you. Stay on the path that you have chosen, and we will always stand by your side in better or worse times than this. The jedi have prevailed manytimes, and this will not bring us down either! The jedi order will last forever!" he said, increasing the volume of his words towards the end. The jedi shouted in one loud noise and the loud, unanimous shoutsrang throught the transports for a few minutes. Emukiel smiled and watched the eager jedi

Seriphyn frowned with sympathy. He then smiled as he placed a caring hand on her shoulder.

"Do not worry. I am still here to protect you. Do not fear the Sith. They will use it against you, and you too may fall. Stay close to me, and you will be fine." he said.

He stared at her, observing her hair and face. Of course, he had to tone it down a bit as they were still in the view of others. Seriphyn had an idea however.

"I'm going to go to where ever my room is and..." Seriphyn paused, "...meditate. Feel free to join me"

He wondered if the teenager would take the bait. He mentally screwed up his face in different expressions of embarrassment, but didn't display it physically. Seriphyn smiled to hide any potential giveaways. He rubbed his heavy phrik hand on her shoulder a few more times and walked off to his room.

Seriphyn stopped and looked at his grey, stone-looking hands. Maybe he should wait until he gets it hollowed (he had actually got used to the weight now, and his biceps were considerably larger) and some synthetic skin over it first? He mentally shrugged. Jill wasn't shallow, like that. Seriphyn used the Force to guide him to his room, and then 'meditated'. Or, at least, pretended to.

Jill waited a little while and then made her way to Seriphyn's room. She found him there 'meditating'. At the sight of him she just smiled.

- "You can stop pretending now" - Jill said.

==================

Juhn-Kai felt a cold shiver, this was the result of a force bond he knew too well. It wasn't Jill....it was Val-Kan. He felt pain on his back suddenly. He knew Val-Kan was being tortured. But he still did not attempt to cantact Juhn-Kai through the force and this was begining to make him feel uneasy.

Juhn-Kai started meditating with the objective to help Val-Kan feel the meditation rather than the pain, and maybe then Val-Kan would attempt to contact him.

"Right..." Seriphyn said, feeling awkward.

Why did he bring her here again? It seems like the Jedi are getting ready to move again. Perhaps he could make whatever this was going to be quick.

They stood there awkwardly, with Seriphyn tapping his cloak to a cantina beat to break the silence.

Seriphyn spoke, "You know the Council don't approve of our relationship right?"

Master Ae-Saefar looked at the jedi leave after being reassured of the jedi order. He was left there with Valgo and anothe jedi master from the academy of Sriluur.

"Eki, Seriphyn is in his room with Jill"

"Allright... Go and tell Jill that I want to speak with her. My quarters and as soon as she can get there"

"Yes, master" Valgo said and left. The other jedi master looked at Eki and shook his head.

"The jedi will need pure luck only to survive, right?"

"Yeah, pretty much" mukiel responded and walked away with a sad sigh.

In a moment, Emukiel was meditating quietly on a round chair placed in the middle of his room, his back to the door and his lightsaber on the table next to the door. He had his eyes closed andhe breathed slowly and deeply. The room was silent and his breathing could not be heard and it was so faint that if you tried the 'hand infront of nose' trick in trying to find out if he breathed or not, the current would be faint enought that you could easily think he was not breathing at all. He had trained this for a long time and it was an active part of preparing for a battle when using his style.

Valgo knocked on Seriphyn's door a moment later and waited for an answer in the hallway. He could feel two jedi inside, even thought a strong source of energy came from Juhn-Kai's room

Seriphyn bit his lower lip again, and sighed irritated. He briskly walked over to the door and tapped the button to open it. There was nothing to hide, so he stood casually.

Seriphyn saw it was Master Valgo. He bowed.

"Master, is there something you need?" he decided to get straight to the point and get of him as soon as possible.

EDIT.-

Jill looked at Seriphyn, she wasn't sure why Master Emukiel wanted to see her. But she did not question it and followed Master Valgo. Before leaving the room she turned to Seriphyn.

- "We'll talk later" - Jill said.

Jill followed Master Valgo and passed Juhn-Kai's room. Jill suddenly felt the strong energy coming from the room but did not stop to see what was happening. She continued following Valgo until they arrived at Emukiel's room. She entered the room and sat opposite Master Emukiel who was deep in meditation. She let her presence in the force get noticed by him.

- "Master, I'm here" - Jill said.

It took a few minutes before the jedi master swallowed and so showed the first sign of waking in him.

"The only bad thing in long meditations is that your mouth gets dry" he said and smiled, opening his eyes slowly and slowly getting used to the very small amount of light he had turned on. His hand took a glass from the table and he took sip to wetten his mouth before he placed the glass back and looked at the padawan.

"I wanted to speak to you as a jedi master, not as a council member. That is why I requested your presence in my quarters instead of the conference room" he explained and looked at the young woman infront of him.

"The council is worried of you and Seriphyn. I tested him and he passed, but I cannot trust Seriphyn's instincts before the two of you have proven that your feeling towards each other won't cloud your judgement in tight situations" he said and and barely moved. Well, otherwise than his mouth, of course

Archived