Home

The Hundred Year Darkness (The Second Great Schism)

Shana

Tayla and Malia fought in perfect coordination that came with how deep their bond had grown. They fought in complete silence since all of Malia's questions were asked and answered mentally. At one point in their fighting, the Sith backed away and a blast door closed between them and the two women.

Oh, great, Malia thought, but Tayla moved forward undaunted and thrust her lightsaber through the door. Malia quickly understood and did the same. They cut a hole in the blast door and kicked the circular piece into the room beyond, crushing two Sith in the process.

"Efficient," Tayla and Malia said in unison, speaking aloud for the first time since they'd separated from Juhn-Kai and Emukiel. They stepped through the hole they'd made and continued fighting.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

((excuse typos; it's 00:12 over here))

Seriphyn looked at Jill, then forward through the front window. It looked like Juhn-Kai was under the impression that this was a kidnapping. As far as Seriphyn was concerned, however, it was just him going AWOL with Jill just happening to be on board.

He looked back at Jill again, "Yes. We should. However, that Master Eki or whatever Juhn-Kai calls him and that other Valgo just don't like me. They don't want me there. Can't fight with these plasticy arms anyway"

Seriphyn decided to snap off his left little finger to demonstrate.

"There was NOTHING wrong with me. For years it has been like this; me being a soldier Jedi, yet no one has had any problems with it. Why is it now that everyone is so concerned? I've lost my closest thing to a father, now, because of Eki and Valgo. As for Juhn-Kai, he's fine, but not even he can stand against the other Masters combined"

Seriphyn exhaled and looked forward into space again, "I've ordered the marines off the planet. If they don't want me, they won't have my soldiers either. Probably thought they were just collateral damage. Not appreciative of any help whatsoever. Typical of the arrogant Jedi. We are going to Gromas 16, to get some phrik for my arms, so I won't need to keep replacing them, even though it'll be expensive. After that, we'll find the nearest planet with Czerka presence on, and get some synthetic skin for my arms, as well as sensory neurons too. Not exactly how it would be like years ago, but close enough"

Seriphyn looked at Jill, giving a faint smile with a look of feeling lost.

Juhn-Kai saw Emukiel get thrown away. He then force pushed the sith in the room and used the saber throw to cut them down as they flew backwards. The saber returned to his hand and several other sith were still in the room.

- "Only a little further and we'll get to the sith" - Juhn-Kai said.

The Sith came at him and Emukiel from all directions, they found themselves surrounded. A situation they had been through already in the past.

- "Quickly and gracefully...right Eki?" - Juhn-Kai said as he grinned to the Sith who walked closer on them from all sides.

The jedi master shook his head at Juhn-Kai and nodded towards the next blast door. "I'll handle this. Go to the blast door and get ready" he said and and stood up straight, his feet almost together, the blade of his lightsaber pointing down at the ground. There was a blank expression on his face as he breathed with his eyes closed. Hi eyes remained closed for the next moment or two as the sith closened in on them and looked at Eki like he would be surrendering. Unlike what they thought, Master Ae-Saefar jumped over the sith with a spin, landing on his other kneeand his face towards the sith. His purple blade swung throught the air and legs were cut off of the sith bodies. He sprung up and got the attention of the nearby sith. "Go!" the jdi shouted and started a deadly duel with the sith that were slowly surrounding him. His lightsaber once again was followed by a long tail and cuts were made on the sith bodies, even thought Emukiel got some nasty looking cuts too

Jill looked at Seriphyn. She looked deep into her eyes and she knew he was worried, she knew what Seriphyn felt through their bond.

- "I'm here with you, I'll always be with you" - Jill said as she gave him a hug from behind the chair he was sitting in wrapping her arms around him.

==============

Juhn-Kai moved for the console as quickly as he could and deactivated the perimeter defense and all blast doors opened with the exception of the first they had been through.

- "Come on!" - Juhn-Kai said as he ran to the next hallway fighting off as many sith lords as they got in his way.

Seriphyn shifted uncomfortably as Jill cuddled up to him. He decided to just let her do it, and not object. He knew he was falling for Jill, but it just didn't feel right for the relationship to be advancing so quickly.

Seriphyn twisted the ship discreetly so he could get a view of Rhen Var. Now, he wasn't really sure what he did was a good idea. That's the gazillionith time he's done something he regretted. He wanted to be fighting down there with them, especially Juhn-Kai, who he was slowly beginning to admire. But, now, after putting all the Masters in the delusion that this is a kidnapping (in addition to them wanting to see the last of Seriphyn), he thought it wasn't really wise to head back. Besides, he couldn't last more then a few seconds with his current pair of arms. Jill could, maybe, but then he recalled her getting attack by the Sith Lord. It would be worse on the inside, and he was pretty damned sure that not many Padawans lived long enough for hte advance into the fortress. Seriphyn didn't want to see Jill getting hurt.

This all seemed very random; him deciding to go to Gromas 16 just to get some phrik for his arms. Seriphyn wasn't exactly sure where that system was anyway.

"I don't know what to do..." he told Jill, almost speaking in the same voice as a youngling.

=====================================

Sam Nostaw trunced along the snow of Rhen Var, with the marine division following dispersed behind him, spread out across the long plain of snow. He turned back to the fortress, seeing Jedi and Republic corpses littering the way back. Anger built inside him as he attempted to count the amount dead.

The Captain decided to raise his hand as far as it could reach. The marines stopped marching, even though some of them stretched out to the very far left and right.

"If the Jedi don't want us, then we'll fight for the Republic instead!" he shouted

He expected some sort of cheer from the soldiers, but these ones were trained to be extremely professional.

"I want the Rifle Battalions setting detpacks across the fortress, inside and out. Electrostaff and Vibroblade Platoons with me, and just a few Pistoleer and Carbineer squads as well. We'll head inside the fortress and gather as much intelligence as we can find"

"What about the Jedi inside?" a marine lieutenant asked.

Sam responded sharply, "I told you, we're doing this for the Republic. Not the Jedi. As far as we should be concerned, they are just simply getting in the way. Avoid them. If you come into contact with them, kill 'em, no questions asked"

Nostaw scanned the plains, to see all the marines in the division looking onto him with unquestionable loyalty, even the small crimson dots several klicks away.

"Well, you heard me. Come on!" he clapped his hands to get everyone moving.

With no delay, whatsoever, the 17th Seraph Division headed back to the fortress.

"We can't waste any time here, Juhn-Kai. Let's quicken the pace" he said as he ran up next to him, swinging his saber delicately and chopped a hand off. There was a nasty looking cut on his left arm, starting from his shoulder and ending down over at his elbow. "Evade the sith as well as you can and meet me deeper inside" he said and jumped over the sith that were attacking him. He tried to stall them with a swing of lightsaber behind his back. He ran after that and pushed the next sith down and jumped over them. He sliced a couple of sith's arms off so they couldn't use their lightsabers and come after them, then he continued his way

Command Sergeant Vasili lead his group of 10 or so riflemen down the dark corridors of this Sith fortress, setting a detpack here and there at key structural points, as well as anything else significant, such as generators.

Suddenly, he heard running down the hall and the all-too-familiar humming of lightsabers. He gestured the hand signal to take cover, and observed through the shadows at the Jedi who were going to pass by imminently.

Two Weequays shot past within a second, running (or whatever it was supposed to be) so quickly that they didn't even notice the marines hiding (or he believed they don't see them).

Vasili used a hand signal to tell the other marines to hold their position as we peeked round the corner to see another Jedi standing around. Damn, it was one of the Jedi Masters; the one with the very unorthodox lightsaber. His squad would be eliminated within seconds by that white-skinned, human-looking guy. It was best to remain hidden.

He stepped back and used a combination of hand signals to tell the marines to ready their rifles, just in case this Master detected them when he walked by. The squad raised their rifles discreetly, gently flicking off the safeties so it wouldn't make any noise.

Juhn-Kai had lived for thousands of years, he was well instructed in his comunication with the force so it wasn't easy to pass by him without getting detected and the marines were no exception, he knew they were there and but he kept fighting off the Sith. He tried once more to concentrate and speak with Seriphyn.

"Your troops are about to do something stupid, I suggest you order them to stand down or many will fall here, they have declared us enemies, I do not want to kill them but if they attack me I may not have a choice."

Juhn-Kai knew that if they did not listen he would have to do something and first he ran to the entrance and sent his cross-saber flying around while he ran cutting down rocks from the structure to prevent the troops from advancing.

- "That will give me a head start, better let Tayla know" - Juhn-Kai said and picked up the comlink.

- "Tayla we have problems, the republic troops have decided to take matters into their own hands if you see them and they engage you do not kill them disarm them and leave them unconcious if you can" - Juhn-Kai said.

Juhn-Kai knew this time was going to get complicated. He would have to fight the sith and also the republic troops. This was a huge betrayal from the Republic troops since the war was declared to the Jedi and not the republic. Seriphyn was no longer in control of his troops, this was Nostow's call from the beginning.

Emukiel looked back at where Juhn-Kai was, but only a couple of rooms back. He took a mental connection to him. 'Hurry up... We're near, I can feel the dark energy pouring from somewhere around here'

The jedi blocked a swing of a lightsaber just in time and pushed the sith over to the wall. He sliced the head off of the sith and headed for the next door across the room. He stopped in the middle of the room and looked around with a serious face. He pointed his blade again to the ground and turned around. There was something terribly wrong in the room

Juhn-Kai ran to where Emukiel was and stopped a few steps near him.

- "Be ready" - Juhn-Kai said.

=========

Jill suddenly had a little of what Seriphyn thought and backed away, she suddenly realized she was going too fast with him. She didn't know what else to do, she was knew at this love thing and never fell in love with anyone. He was her first crush ever.

- "Let's go get those arms of yours, we'll see what we can do once the Jedi finish the battle here" - Jill said.

He turned to see Juhn-Kai. "Something's wrong in this room... I can feel a strong sith presence but we're a couple of rooms from the command room" he said and looked at the roof.and then at the door. "The sith mastermind can't have that kind of power that could be felt this far. Nobody has that kind of power..." he whispered and took a step towards the door. He started walking towards the door and looked around carefully. "We need to hurry. If this is a trap, we need to get out before thetrap launches itself" he said and got to the door that slammed closed right infront of him, as did the one behind them. he mutered to himself and too a ouple of quick jumps and tried to open the door throught the controls. "We're trapped" he said and sighed, turning back to Juhn-Kai

"What is that?" Malia asked, feeling rather agitated at being unable to determine the cause of the discomfort she felt. Tayla put a hand on Malia's shoulder.

"We are close to their leader," she said quietly. All conversation must be mental now.

Malia nodded and they moved slowly forward.

Juhn-Kai turned to face Emukiel.

- "These is a very poor way of trapping Jedi, especially us" - Juhn-Kai said and put his saber through the blast door starting to cut a hole, after it was done he force pushed the cut metal crushing several sith on the other side.

- "Well I guess that takes care of that" - Juhn-Kai said.

"Maybe, but if he or she has indeed planned this whole thing, there's way more ahead of us" he said and stepped throught the hole, his sences going wild in the next room and he dropped slightly, having to take a hold of the wall. He looked at the next blast door that would lead to the very last room. "Do you feel that or is he targeting me?" he asked, squinting his eyes slightly from the pain the dark energy was causing him. He dropped to his knees and started breathing slowly and meditate, placing his lighstaber onto his belt. Emukiel felt the pain go away slowly and instead, he tried to push it back to it's source's mind

Juhn-Kai walked closer to Emukiel.

- "I feel it too, had you known Xendor you'd recognize this power...it is much close to what he had" - Juhn-Kai said and walked to the next blast door peeking into the next room. The room was empty and the door to the last room had a red light shinning from it.

- "A red light...what is this Sith Lord? A copycat of Xendor?" - Juhn-Kai said and waited for Emukiel to concentrate enough to keep going.

Vrendil rushed himself inside, still confused as to what was taking him so long to process everything going on. He passed by scores of dead sith, either smashed with debris or sliced to pieces from lightsabers and a wry grin escaped his lips as he strode on.

He sensed that he was getting closer to Juhn-Kai and Emukiel, so he increased his pace. The force reverberated in the walls, the hallways, everything seemed to tingle with dark force energy, and it made Vrendil very much on edge. He had never felt anything this big before, and he was no stranger to Sith encounters.

Vrendil came around the corner to see a corridor of melted blast doors, with Master Juhn-Kai and Emukiel at what appeared to be the final door. He switched his blades off and set them at his belt. The closer he got to them, the stronger and more daunting the sith energy seemed to be. He approached the two, Emukiel on his knees in meditation.

-"Sorry i'm late. Don't ask why. What seems to be in that room?"

He noticed the red light coming from the room.

-"My guess is he or she or it is ready for us. I don't like this feeling."

Vasili lowered his weapon, along with the rest of the squad. He breathed a sigh of relief.

"Sergeant, do we really have to kill on sight? Nostaw said avoid..." a marine from the group said.

"I think you're right, Corporal. The entire 17th could probably overwhelm that guy...probably. Definetley the entire Republic military. However, that master, whoever he was, could easily cut through our squad" Vasili responded

"I'm not sure of Nostaw's orders, Sergeant. These Jedi are good peopl-" the marine was interrupted.

"I'm surprised you're a corporal when one is asking those sort of questions, marine!" Vasili was angry at the marine's lack of professionalism, "But you're right, we'll try and avoid them. Now, let's move. Tail that Jedi to the room he just went into. Move out!"

The squad reassembled into combat stances. Using hand signals, the marines snuck up behind the Jedi standing before this red light. Vasili gave the cover hand gesture, and turned to stare at this light.

The Sergeant's lack of being sensitive to the Force caused him to be overwhelmed by whatever this thing was. He perished on the spot, blowing the cover of the entire squad.

"Sergeant!" screamed a marine, who ran up to his lifeless body. Fatefully, the marine looked into the light that killed the sergeant. Like his former NCO, he perished as well.

"It's the Jedi! Open fire!" shouted the second-in-command. The remaining marines lept out of cover, flicked off their safeties but were not able to fire a single shot before they were all killed at the same time.

=================================

Seriphyn sighed as he assessed Juhn-Kai's message. With Valgo and Emukiel around, all hopes of remaining a Jedi were lost. He decided to ignore Juhn-Kai's message, pretending not to hear it. He would rather let Nostaw do what he wants if it meant...

Meant what? The death of Valgo and Emukiel? Why would he want that? That would give the Council a bigger reason to demote or exile him, if they knew in the first place. Perhaps with his running away, he could lay a trap for Valgo and Emukiel to call it an assassination attempt and get the Republic on top of them.

All these thoughts were traitorous and deceptive ones, paths to the Dark Side. Perhaps, even, he could convince the two masters that he was worthy of being a Knight, rather then just crying about it.

He turned to Jill, unsure what would happen to the two of them when he retributes himself and remains a Knight. Seriphyn brushed his long fingers through his raven black hair in deep thought.

"Alright, we'll go to Gromas then, assuming if I've got my time charts correct, we should be back on Rhen Var in what should be a few hours on the surface" he said as he tapped several buttons on the cockpit console.

He pulled back on the hyperspace lever, and the ship shot into lightspeed.

"Right now, I'm going to sleep" Seriphyn said as he got up. An ordinary Jedi would want to meditate as opposed to sleep, but he was so tired he really couldn't care less.

He exited the cockpit and emerged in the tiny room designed to be a hallway. On his left, was the armoury and his right, the medical room. Seriphyn decided to take the more obvious option for resting.

The Jedi found himself in a tiny hospital-like room, with a single bed (disturbed by Jill laying there earlier) and medical equipment.

"Damn" he said to himself, realising he really should have picked a better ship for galactic travel. Seriphyn shrugged, seeing that Jill had already slept, and got himself into bed.

Emukiel heard a scream, but it was not the marines. He felt something behind them and then a large pair of red eyes was staring at tem form the darkness. The beast lept at the meditating jedi but it's front limbs were cut off before it could get fully into the air. Valgo came and swung his lightsaber at the beasts head that a moment later rolled on the floor. Emukiel opened his eyes suddenly and stood up. "Juhn-Kai, let me go in first" he said and walked over to him, grabbing his shoulder. Valgo walked after them and looked at the beast. "They've got somekind of beasts here I have never seen before in the jedi archives" Valgo mentioned and walked over to them and looked at the red light. "The siths in there?" he asked after getting over to them and placed his lightsaber back onto his belt

"Don't worry about me. Take care that the sith can't surprise me from behind" he said before taking a deep breath and walkig into the last room. He did not look around like he was lost and searching for someone, but his eyes turned to the middle of the room and stayed there. His hand did not go for his lightsaber as he stopped and no looked around carefuly. "Show me yorself, Sith, and I might spare your dignity when we duel" he saidloudly, his voice echoing in the room

There was a loud unhuman voice speaking. It was hard for Emukiel to locate the source of this voice since it rang from all directions.

- "Making threats are we? When you entered this room you must have seen that you would not leave this place alive" - The voice said.

Juhn-Kai stood at the door fighting off incoming Sith that were hoping to catch Eki from behind.

Emukiel walked to the middle of the room and kept his hands away from his lightsaber, trying to sence the presence, even if the dark might radiating from the ancient sith tombs confused his sences.

"I have seen many things in my life, and you won't be the first Sith I defeat in their own little game" he said and closed his eyes, breathing calmly and focusing on this very moment, not the future, not the past.

"Sith Lord Xaefon was one of them. I trust you knew him by name. He was the one you sent to turn the jedi on the Jedi academy of Sriluur" he said and smiled a bit at the memory

Archived