Home

Who plays in the Turkey Bowl?

Char Ell

Do you play in the "Turkey Bowl?"  

5 members have voted

1. 1. Do you play in the "Turkey Bowl?"

• I sacrifice my body every year without fail!
    • I've played some years but not all...
    • I used to play but injuries got the best of me...
    • Turkey Bowl? What the !@#$ is that?
    • Football shmootball. Who cares?!

Actually this question is kind of past its time but I thought I'd ask anyway since I'm curious to find out...

Every Thanksgiving morning I get together with friends and their friends to play in what we affectionately dub "The Turkey Bowl" or otherwise known as American flag football. I remember doing this as far back as high school. Now this is really the only time during the entire year that I play American football (for those non-American forum members) but I look forward to it every year. I was so sore for the next couple of days after Thanksgiving this year and my shoulder also got popped out on the first play but I knew going in that I was going to be paying the price afterwards. It's become such a solid Thanksgiving tradition for me and I don't think I'll stop playing until my body makes me.

Now I've also noticed, in the morning hours as I'm driving my Jeep to "The Turkey Bowl" field we play at, that there are other people that drag themselves out of bed and play American football on Thanksgiving morning at schools, on soccer fields, in parks, etc. So, how many of my fellow forum members play American football on Thanksgiving Day?

Archived