Home

[TSL] Using Handmaiden's eyes on another head

EmperorJello

I was wondering if it were possible for someone to use Handmaiden's eyes on another head, such as Bastila's, preferably. I currently have Bastila playable as a TSL PC by using po_pfhc01.tga, po_pfhc01d1.tga, and po_pfhc01d2.tga to replace the actual character in the game's PC slot with Bastila's. I think I also changed appearance.2a to use her head instead of the default one for that character. I'm not quite sure, it was a long time ago.

At any rate, I thought I'd best put that information up so that you know that I'm not just using the Bastila model through KSE, since the model is broken and likes to crash in TSL. But anyways...

The request: Could someone mod it so that I could use Bastila's head (on female caucasian skin 1) with Handmaiden's eyes?

I've seen eyes modded before, but unless it involves simple text editing and changing of files, I can't do it since I like imaging skills.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Well, if you just want Handmaiden's eyes on the head of Bastila, I can do that no problem...

BUT! If you haven't changed any mdl files

(edited the names internally with a hex editor)

then what I make for you may not show up in game...

I took a look at Bastila's head files with Kotor Tool, and her mdl files are more complicated than what I have worked with so far...

If you've only used the appearance, head, or portraits 2da files to make Bastila's head show up in game then that may be why she keeps crashing your game...

Her head file calls on her body file (P_BastilaBB), so someone would need to redo ALL of her files to make a good working head mod for her, so your game doesn't crash so often.

I'd be happy to help, but I am still learning this stuff too :}

AND Bastila's files are more complex than what I know how to do... so far...

But maybe someone else can help you out?

Good luck...

Yeah, Bastila doesn't work properly in this game as a playable character, likely since she's a remnant from the old game that's calling stuff that isn't there. So what someone did for me was use her head--but instead of the standard Bastila head, we replaced the following files: po_pfhc01.tga, po_pfhc01d1.tga, and po_pfhc01d2.tga with Bastila's stuff. So what it does is replace one of the existing default characters in the game's head with Bastila's, but uses the existing default game body for that one. I could send you the relevant files (I know we can't post email addresses, so we'd have to arrange it through PM) and you could take a look at them and just switch the heads.

So we don't have to worry about complicated Bastila breaking the game, since I've simply replaced a normal character with her.

• 4 weeks later...

Congratulations to your work mjpb3!

Can you make another head to Kotor 2?That head is from Kotor and that charachter portrait is my avatar, so you can see what is my head request.If you have mood to make that please make it.Thank you.

(And one more thing i am sorry for my bad english)

Deleted the "spam/bump" posts.

@rcp120, STOP bumping and spamming the thread. The Real Kain is correct in that we cannot & will not condone porting of material from one game to the other.

Consider this a Warning. And, do not respond to this Warning unless it's via PM ~ ChAiNz.2da

Archived