Home

A Lightsaber Hilt that SHOULD have been made

CadmiumRED

I know there is a MOD of the lightsaber hilt for Exar Kun's Prototype Double Lightsaber at PCGameMods, but I wondered if someone may make it as well for just standard lightsabers.

Here is a pic of the hilt I'm looking for.

Ulic_qel_droma.jpg

The jagged things are what I would want on the lightsaber hilt, if it's possible. The body I believe is a lot like the standard green lightsaber that Luke Skywallker uses, but if someone knows better, then they can prove me wrong.

If anyone is up to the task, then I THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH for taking your time and patience into it. I'd love to have these primitive lightsaber hilts in my lightsaber inventory in KOTOR1!

There's one in T7nowhere's Lightsaber six pack for KOTOR1 found here:

http://members.shaw.ca/t7nowhere/KotOR.htm

YES! That is EXACTLY what I am looking for, the green one in that pic!

all_collage_s.jpg

Thank you so very much man, I really appreciate it a lot. Another question about it, each of those lightsabers, do they replace the original hilts, or do they act as their own unique lightsabers? Reason by my asking is because I already have a MOD that replaces original lightsaber hilts, so you tell me.

Most mods, should have a readme.

If you're still unsure after reading that, then you should PM him and ask about what you have to do to use it. (I don't have the mod so I can't really answer.)

Oh don't worry, I just read it and yes, they are they're own unique items. SWEET..

It said that to get them, just use the cheat mode to get them:

giveitem kun

giveitem sbrpike

giveitem anisbr

giveitem mace

giveitem oldben

giveitem maul

So I think everything's covered. Once again, thank you deathdisco and of course you REDJOHNNYMIKE for helping me find this very unique and awesome looking lightsaber for KOTOR I!

The Lightsaber six pack IS for KOTOR1 and they are unique items. Beware, prepare to get your butt kicked acquiring the Darkside Lightsabers. They're loot you'll find on some very nasty Sith's corpse. I'd recommend using the cheat console if you want to get them early in the game.

Looks like a Yuuzhan Vong weapon.

I guess I can see what you mean by that, with all the "biomass" textures of the hilt. But nonetheless, it's a lightsaber hilt used by early Jedi approximately 5,000 BBY.

Wikicities gives really interesting information about it.

Archaic Lightsaber — This is the earliest-known type of laser sword, developed as a siege weapon. It required a separate power pack to work, which was often worn on the back, and later, as technology simplified power packs, a belt-worn power source. The power sources and components were miniaturized in the construction in order to fit inside the hilt, creating the simple weapon used in the later era. The moves that could be performed with an archaic lightsaber were more limited than those that could be achieved with a modern laser sword because of the cord that connected the hilt to its power source.

I'd really like to see a hilt of this ancient lightsaber made. I don't know how big of a challenge it can be to the mod members, but if they want to take a whack at it, they can.

I'd really like to see a hilt of this ancient lightsaber made. I don't know how big of a challenge it can be to the mod members, but if they want to take a whack at it, they can.

Hm...the backpack on the default soldier clothes kinda look like it could be a power pack. If you could just connect it to the players hand...

Well I wouldn't count the power pack to be a necessary asset if someone is able to make this lightsaber. The hilt is what matters in this case.

EDIT: I found another interesting design for the Archaic/Ancient Lightsaber, one that Jedi Master Odan-Urr is using. This image should be very familiar from the Tales of the Jedi cover art.

373px-Archaiclightsaber.JPG

Well, if you can (or if it's possible) find out what that mod was, that would be awesome.

A good trick to do is to make a MOD folder on your desktop and keep all your downloaded MODs in them, so that you know what it was that you extracted to your Override folder. Helps me quite a good bit.

Oh another thing, when I tried to update my Exar Kun lightsaber with upgrade crystals, it wouldn't let me do it, and the lightsaber vanishes from my inventory. Anyone know why that does that?

I'll check on that.

I actually do keep them organized in files, it's just that I usually add in one big clump of mods and end up with a pile of sabers which I then pick and choose from.

The one I'm using has a white blade (I'm pretty sure it's the one with the lip on the emitter) if that narrows it down any:)

As for the EK saber, that's a mod saber right?

Some mod sabers seem to get screwed up if you swap the main crystal out, I haven't had enough saber experience to kow why, just that that happens with some of them.

It happens when there is no upcrystals.2da refrence to the saber...

The fix is you will have to create an upcrystals.2da entry for the sabers in question, and you also might need a color crystal uti file for each saber, once you have done this all should be well and you can change crystals and upgrade the saber without worry. ;)

I guess you could call it a "lip"... I used the longer Malak's Saber Model for my saber mods and all mine are upgradeable normally...

Edit: I could have swore T7's saber pack for KotOR was upgradeable normally... or else I must have done it on my end... hmm.

Ol' Candyman in Bandons Black Armor wielding the Blood of Manevolance is a real scary sight you bet! ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Since I got KOTOR II, I wondered if that lightsaber hilt I was wanting could also be made for KOTOR II as well.. So, how about it?

If it's possible, I don't want any stat changes of any kind added; just hilt changes is all I'm asking for. If it can be done, I'd like the hilt to be used on all the lightsabers and double-lightsabers (if that's not possible, then that's OK)

Another design I was thinking about that should be made was the on the front cover of Tales of the Jedi: The Sith War; the one that's blue held be Exar Kun.

http://www.hillcity-comics.com/graphic_novels/sw/star_wars12.jpg

Archived