Home

strategies on tatooine

shadowsfm

i like how on tatooine you can use multible stratgys, front asault, or feom the back.

spioler tips

i dont know whats the advantages of taking out the sand people.

in space get as much y-wings as posible. dont buy ground units until after the astroid field. build a space station in the astroid field for a higher pop cap. sell all space ships for ground units (eccept one y-wing). its a good idea to find the merc building for upgrades. take out the large turret with the y-wing, to see the whole map. take out turrets by attacking it with plax solders to destract it, then artilary. there is build stations around the outside of the enemy base. humans spawn at the citys every now and then.

I find the best way to beat Tatooine is to lure out the AT-AT using Han Solo's spriting, then as get Chewie to capture it using his special ability. Once you have control of the AT-AT, protect it at all costs (ie use masses of troopers to draw fire) and use it to wipe out the remaining Imperial units and buildings whilst your Y-wings decimate the turrets ...

i found using the long range barrages worked well on turrets, as there markers can open up areas of the map from a long distance. also destroying the generator disables the sheild and turrets, and allows for mass bombing of everything. also use the humans to cpature the strategic points.

This map REALLY reminded me of Emperor: Battle for Dune. Fremen? Check. Sandworm? Check. Corliosis storms? Check. Tanks and sandbikes? Check. Flame throwers? Check.

Now if only I had some of those Carry-Alls I could win this one! ;)

I'll try some of the stuff you guys suggested. I guess it didn't help that I wasted a few airstrikes trying to kill the Jawas before I remembered that they were on my side.

Little buggers... ;)

I thought that mission was not hard but a bit difficult. Why? When ever i try using Hans ability the At-At or AT-ST moves out of the way (mainly At-STs, really fast) I also noticed when i tried using Chewies special ability sometimes it glitched and didn't work i couldn't take control of it.

I thought that mission was not hard but a bit difficult. Why? When ever i try using Hans ability the At-At or AT-ST moves out of the way (mainly At-STs, really fast) I also noticed when i tried using Chewies special ability sometimes it glitched and didn't work i couldn't take control of it.

You can't be getting close enough then! I've used Han to disable plenty of AT-STs/AT-ATs and succeeded everytime :rolleyes: ...

Alright that's it, I finally beat the demo. This time I just bided my time and raised enough cash to build a giant ground army to totally invade Tatooine and just throw troops at them like there was no tomorrow (after the tedius and annoying destruction of everything else before Tatooine). I managed to secure victory, but WITHOUT attacking the Tuskens! I guess the Rebellion showed them mercy...

But then as the Victory was appearing, I quickly right clicked (to signal my entire army to attack their village), and they started heading slowly in that direction and continued to bear down as the screen faded. Imperial retreat.. yay!

I might play some more of it next weekend if I have time, to see the Imperial stuff with more mods. Despite all the glitches and bugs, not bad at all. Again, strongly reminds me of Dune (makes me want to play THAT game again, that game had atmosphere!).

Just bomb the turret, then capture the 2 reinforcement points. From there, sneak around to the back and send in plex (rockets) to destroy the turret, then build an anti-tank turret, this has to be done FAST. Send in the art to help with the vehicles, then move up the infantry and form a line. Have the art destroy the force field or the power generator, then just bomb the crap outta everything, or move up slowly. Not hard.

my strategy (with Bryant's 2.6g mod, but it would be the same in the original demo, probably), is to have a ton of T-4Bs, and land 3 T-4Bs and 1 T-2B.

I send the units on the right to capture the reinforcement point, and the upper on the left to capture that point, then the lower left to capture the mercenary bunker. As soon as I have it, I research Survival Training (my missiles now own! w00t)!

next, I bring down seven or eight T-4Bs (total) and two or three T-2Bs (total). I've found that they can own anything. Plus the T-4s can fire through the shield (with their rockets), while the T-2s own any stormies.

Then, I send them in in a frontal assault, firing rockets until through the shield, and then firing lasers with abrupt bursts of rocket fire before returning immediately to laser fire (this gets a salvo of rockets off, while not cutting down too much damage give-out from the lasers, as I believe the lasers are the more powerful of the two, or at least the fastest firing).

With this strategy, every single time, the Empire falls. I usually just forget bout the jawas/indig humans because I really don't need 'em.

and even if the Empire sends storimes to take the reinforcement poitns, I just send a couple T-2s out there, then, once the stormies are cleared, send the indigs back in.

it's really a very simple map.

Archived