Home

Changing vaklu

Dark_Ansem

well he could lie if this mod was done is it? after all who wants a tyrannical sith ruler if he can avoid telling it? I can't remember Darth Malak loved by people...

Apart from this, JediShemL and the others who have something to object to this mod, please post all your objections and I'll answer to them the best way I can. If I succed, the works will probably start...

well he could lie if this mod was done is it? after all who wants a tyrannical sith ruler if he can avoid telling it? I can't remember Darth Malak loved by people...

Apart from this, JediShemL and the others who have something to object to this mod

Well, the thing is, I see issues that will get in the way based on Vaklu's personality. Vaklu is more of a person who is there than anything. It's not a simple change. It's a complex one if you want to make it work. Especially audio files. People want to hear the voices and the audio recorded for Vaklu is not a Jedi/Sith type personality.

It's a complex one if you want to make it work.

Can't we make the PC Dooku then? I know we already have several heads out there, But we are missing his Uniform, Saber & Head we already have so, We are only missing his Uniform.

Isn't that an option??? Just an suggestion.

You may want to read my updated post about Vaklu not being familar with the Jedi/Sith ways. If he's trained in that arean, he would be.

Okay...based on what has been said before, I have devised a backstory for a "Sith" Vaklu.

Onderon is a world steeped in the dark side and Sith legacy. The currect royal line is also directly descended from Freedon Nadd. The Force might not flow through Talia's veins, but who's to say with certainty that there is no hint of it within Vaklu's? JediShemL, when he say, "My mistake, I'm not familiar with your... ways." he could have easily been speaking of the Jedi teachings. He did call you Master Jedi afterall. And the whole deal about the Sith vaklu being killed by a firing squad... I is not uncommon for a Force user to be taken down by blaster fire. It is possible for a Jedi/Sith to be overwhelmed. Also, at this point, Vaklu has been dealt a serious blow by the Queen. He is injured and his health is drastically deminished. I think it's safe to say that he might not have the stamina needed to darw too heavily on the Force to take out multiple targets. Also, if anyone is going for the "technique with the Force against which there is no defense", we do have Master Kavar within the vacinity. And if I'm not mistaken, the Jedi Masters of the Council do have the knowledge and ability to sever one from the Force. They told you on multilpe accounts that this is true, but that they did not use it on you. Wouldn't it be feasible that he could use it on Vaklu. With all this being said, here's the story I came up with.

Vaklu has the ability to use the Force. However, like those in your party, he was not aware of this until much later in life. Like the Queen, he too received sword training throughout his life. Shortly after Visas left the service of Nihilus, the Dark Lord set his sights on Onderon. Shortly after arriving, he sense that Vaklu had Force abilities and persuaded him to become his new apprentice; promising Vaklu powers beyond his imagination, and a new "vision" for Onderon. Needless to say, Nihilus had a completely other vision for Onderon than what he led Vaklu to believe. Vaklu to Nihilus was, in a sense, what Dooku was to Palpatine... a pawn. As the new apprentice to Darth Nihilus, Vaklu was exposed to many ancient Sith teachings. But since his tenure as a Sith apprentice was so short, he never fully achieved any real measure of his mass potential. The only thing he truly excelled at was lightsaber combat; though with the benefit of sofisticated sword training since early-life, this came very easily to him.

Even with as little Force abilities he unearthed while under Nihilus's short tutelage, they still proved an extremely valuable assest when combined with his life-long military genius. This was especially true when he, along with Nihilus's army of Sith, began the Civil War on Onderon. He succeeded in breaching the Royal Palace, which ended in a heated battled with the Queen herself. However, she was also well trained in sword play. Eventually her calm demeanor - with the aid of the Jedi Exile - against his raging emotions gave her the upper hand, and she dealt him a mortal wound. Before the Queen sentenced him, Vaklu's minimal knowledge of the Dark Side of the Force gave him no defense when Jedi Master Kavar stripped him of his ties to the Force. Though this judgment was only passed on those when it was desperately needed, Kavar felt that it had to be done. He figured that has he not, then Vaklu - who had already tasted the Dark Side - would eventually grow even stronger and bring more pain and suffering to Onderon. That was something he could not allow.

How is that? Or did I miss something. Any suggestiones are greatly appreciated and wanted.

OkayJediShemL, when he say, "My mistake, I'm not familiar with your... ways." he could have easily been speaking of the Jedi teachings. He did call you Master Jedi afterall.

If Vaklu is trained in the Force, he's going to be familiar with the Jedi ways. If you receive Force training in any way, and are not familiar with the ways of the Jedi, he's a big idiot and that would destroy his character.

Vaklu would have known that the Exile is not a Jedi. It's not the way of the Jedi to do something that is really, really wrong. You can try to make it into something else in your mind, but that will always be there unless it is changed.

well he will not be familiar with the jedi ways if he had been trained by a sith! palpatine was not familiar with jedi powers and abilities, and if he was it was because he was the Chancellor, and was always in contact with the jedi. Vaklu calls you master Jedi even if you're a Sith lord, because he has never seen a jedi in his life. Great job Master Dakari! :D

been trained by a Sith! palpatine was not familiar with Jedi powers and abilities,

Say what? Correct me if i am wrong but didn't Palpatine say something like: If you wanna learn the force, one must study both sides or something like that?

And didn't Palpatine say something like this in the movie:

...from a Jedi's point of view. The Sith and the Jedi are similar in almost every way, including their quest for greater power. The difference between the two is the Sith are not afraid of the dark side of the Force. That is why they are more powerful.

He knows what he's talking about, Because of Sidious former master Darth Plagueis. Who taught him both sides.

I'm not sure if I'm right, So don't diss me with your Super Star Wars Knowledge. :xp:

And Dark_Ansem if you meant something else, ignore this post! :rolleyes:

The Sith's enemy is the Jedi. Anybody who is trained in the ways of the Sith are going to know who Jedi are and what they stand for. That goes for the Jedi as well as they would be educated in what the Sith are and what they stand for.

palpatine was not familiar with jedi powers and abilities, and if he was it was because he was the Chancellor, and was always in contact with the jedi. Vaklu calls you master Jedi even if you're a Sith lord, because he has never seen a jedi in his life. Great job Master Dakari!

No problem. :thumbsup:

Palpatine only knew of Jedi lore and knowledge because it was the way of these new Sith (after Bane). Even Yoda, during his fight with Palpatine, came to realization that these new Sith had changed. That they would not be taken down by lightsaber or knowledge of the Force. Why? Because they had changed themselves over time, devoting themselves not only to Sith teachings, but also Jedi teachings. But remember that this is not the case for the pre-Ruusan Sith; and our KotOR games take place a good many hundreds of years before that event.

Also, the Jedi knowledge Palpatine was privy to was very limited. He did not even know of the existence of a Form VII of lightsaber combat until Mace and Yoda granted him this awareness during the Clone Wars. Therefore, not only had he not known of Vaapad's creation, but he had known nothing of Juyo altogether. Also, he might have been a master of Form IV, Ataru, but his was only an arcane Sith variant of the Jedi style used by Yoda and many others.

JediShemL, you are incorrect to assume that if you know Force then you know the Jedi teachings. There was the Force before there was ever any Jedi. There are also many, many, many Force sensitive species and races all around the galaxy. These sentients use the Force, and have even developed their own systems of code and combat which centers around the Force. But they are not Jedi, and neither are their teachings or tecniques. As a matter of fact, they could probably teach the Jedi and Sith a thing or two.

So, again I say "No". Just because one is a Sith does not mean they know anything of Jedi teachings; or vice versa.

JediShemL, you are incorrect to assume that if you know Force then you know the Jedi teachings.

I very smart Force user would know their enemy what they are about so you can learn their weaknesses.

There was the Force before there was ever any Jedi.

But this isn't one of those times. This isn't a time before the there wasn't any Jedi or Sith.

The point is the majority of the people who would play this mod would believe it to be a contradiction. That's all I'm saying. You can convince yourself all you want that it isn't, but that's not going to change others point of view.

Vaklu is about getting Onderon to leave the Republic and be in control of the planet. The Sith came to him as an offer to help, not knowing what the Sith's true intention is. This is another contradiction to Valku's personality if he's trained to use the Force as a Dark Jedi.

Again, I'm not saying not to do the mod, I'm just telling you that there will be others out there that will find this a contradiction to Vaklu's personality and not want the mod because of it. That's all. So no matter how much you try to make me wrong because of what you want to believe, it won't change the fact of what others out will believe.

I very smart Force user would know their enemy what they are about so you can learn their weaknesses.

Noone ever said the Sith were all too bright.

Originally Posted by Master Dakari

There was the Force before there was ever any Jedi.

But this isn't one of those times. This isn't a time before the there wasn't any Jedi or Sith.

You are taking what said out of cotext. What I meant is that the Force is there whether there are Jedi or not. Jedi use the Force, they are not the Force. Someone can be awakened to the Force, use it, and learn much about it, even if they are far in the outer reaches of the galaxy, and having never heard of the Jedi Order or learned any of their teachings. The Jedi, like Sith(Order), the Krath, the Dathomir Witches, the Jal Shey, the Matukai, the Miralukai, the Ithorians, and the Sith(species) all use the Force. Being a part of one of these groups does not make you anymore knowledgable of any other's teachings. The Jedi are only one group in a vast galaxy of Force users. They simply have the advantage of being one of the more prominent ones... plus the lightsaber (which the Sith mocked).

I don't know any other way I can say it any clearer other than what I have already said.

The point is the majority of the people who would play this mod would believe it to be a contradiction. That's all I'm saying.

And this matters why?

Forgive me, but anyone who will find this mods contradictory in any way will have no intentions of downloading - and playing - it in the first place. So there, problem solved really. :smash:

that's right, whe we start?
Yea that's what i am wondering! :)

All we need is some intresting skinners for the job.

Cant we use this uniform, http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b15dj.jpg For Dooku's uniform? A nice black reskin and some rankings on the shoulders pads or his Left chest.

For the people who wanna play as Dooku(Me, very badly), And wanna use that uniform for the PC. Can that also be available in the mod?

Cant we use this uniform, http://img203.imageshack.us/my.php?image=b15dj.jpg For Dooku's uniform? A nice black reskin and some rankings on the shoulders pads or his Left chest.

For the people who wanna play as Dooku(Me, very badly), And wanna use that uniform for the PC. Can that also be available in the mod?

Carth's uniform on Dooku? Don't make me call in the fangirls :tsk:

Seriously, that uniform is itself just a reskin of the standard Sith uniform (N_SithComM), copying and pasting some elements from Dodonna. And you might want to consider using Saul (N_AdmrlSaulKar) as the base -- yeah, he's long dead, but his model and textures are still kicking around in K2.

I just want to remind everyone to remain on topic and to not deviate the discussion towards SW ep.3.

Back on topic,

To counter JediShemL's point that Vaklu states that he knows nothing of Jedi ways. Couldn't he just lie, after all in that scene Vaklu is trying to gain the PC's trust and help.

I think Master Dakari's Back story is a reasonable rationaliztion to Vaklu being Sith trained.

On the technical aspects editing Valku's appearance.2da row would be fairly simple all you need is the head and uniform. Then all that you would need to do is give Vaklu a lightsaber the feats to use it and some Force powers which could be scripted in.

I personally would find it a little strange to see a Dooku look alike, but thats just me ;) Then again its not much different than OE re-skinning Carths head for Vaklu.

for his uniform, what can we do? we can recolor a Dark Jedi master robe?

Well that question was already answered. :)

I am personally working on Dooku's uniform for My Dooku PC head, will get some ig screens up soon.

I personally can't picture Count Dooku in a robe, i just can't. :xp:

Kain i'm looking forward for the uniform, So how's the progress going so far???

Any screens?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived