Home

Best GCN MP Game?

lukeskywalker1

Im looking for a good GCN MP game. Preferably with bots and team matches, or co-op or something. So, have you played anything with a good MP on 'cube? If so, post it here so I can check it out please :D

I have a lot of games, but most of them have awesome single player, and umm, little or no MP. Personally, after one or two replays, MP is the only thing that keeps games alive for me. I know the PS2, and Xbox are more geared towards MP because they have online, but you can't tell me that cube doesn't have any awesome splitscreen MP games... right?

That's basically all you need. Learn to play on a pro/semi pro level and find tournaments in your area.

smashboards.com has a regional tournament subsection you can check out, and also character specific guides to help you with your game.

But I'll tell you right now basically what you need to learn first is how to l-cancel your aerial attacks to chain combos. Wavedashing can come later.

If you like FPS games you should check out Timesplitter 2, or 3, but I don't think 3 was on cube. They both have bots, and are great games from what I hear.

If you don't have it, Soul Calibur II is one of the few games that has made me and my friend have fistfights ).) (.(

Other than that, I don't really know.

Soul Calibur 2 is good, infact, as I'm typing this my brother is playing it right now. :p We've been playing it a lot lately. I usually play Talim and I practice the moves, too, not just pressing random buttons. My brother doesn't really have a favorite character, but likes playing Yunsung a lot.

I say Metal Arms, it's probably only $12 used and the MP can be fun, but the learning curve is very steep and might repel your friends. But the SP is great anyway, and it's also really funny.

Timesplitters 2 for oldschool goldeneye-style FPS action, and SC2 for cool beatem up action. Other than that... er..

I think timesplitters: Future perfect is on GC

Tony Hawk 3 has split screen right?

Super monkey ball (1 or 2), Warioware? Maro Party?

Sports games? Viewtiful joe might have co-op.

F-zero gx has 4 player split screen.

the metroid games have multiplayer action, but its not traditional fps, and i don't know if there are bots. I think James Bond: Agent under fire has bots as well. XIII is another ok fps on GCN.

and thats about it...

I fully endorse both Timesplitters games, being two of the best games I've ever played. Both bear a resemblance to Goldeneye regarding gameplay, and have tons of unlockable characters and maps. I'd suggest buying both of them, as they both have their different styles. I don't think there's any other GC fps that can compare.

Soul Caliber, SSBM, yeah. All great. I don't think there are any others...mind you, it's isn't like there aren't other good ones. I heard that the newer Mortal Kombat game was pretty good. But not overtly outstanding, you know?

Yeah, I have most of those, but I've decided im gonna go for either time splitters 2 or 3. I played the 2nd on for like 5 minutes at friends house, and immediatly said out loud "whoa..." due to the way the guns handled, it was so nice and responsive. Plus, the map maker, co-op and bots are all there... so yeah... might as well grab that. I've heard time splitters has more than 100 player models? Sounds good to me, plus with the map maker things can never get old... seems impossible. I saw that it has a billion different MP options too, so gameplay will change a lot.

My biggest grip with FPS games is that I play the maps over and over, so they get old, and the game isn't as fun anymore. Agent under fire had a sucky SP, but awesome MP, you know, with the QClaw, and awesome guns, but the maps got soooo old. Same exact thing with GoldenEye Rogue Agent... in fact, I got annoyed with that because the game has a bunch of maps, but EA split them up, making some of them 2 player ONLY and some 4 player ONLY. Why? The helecopter 2 player level thing, would be awesome for 4 players... but whatever...

SSBM was cool, but I've played the crap out of that and SC2. (more than 1000+ KOs with Kilik... really, lol) Star Wars Clone Wars was good, conquest was my fav, but got old after a while because of the lack of ships.

Metroid 2's MP is cool, but lacks variation, in my opinion. I mean, 4 guns, and like... 6 maps. Don't get me wrong, its cool, but just lacked a little bit.

Archived