Home

SW games for LOW END computers

Darth_Malak02

Umm theres always EP1 Pod Racer, pretty fun...also theres Shadows of the Empire for PC.

Forgot about that... its a bit annoying in places, and not that polished... but there is definately some good fun to be had in a few of the levels.

The problem with the X-Wing or Tie-Fighter is they can be a real pain in the butt to get running on Xp.. the old versions are very hard, and even the more recent collector's series versions can be a problem.

DF is indeed a great game..

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're kidding right? on my 667Mhz with 512Mb RAM and a 32Mb GeForce2 the Yavin Swamp levels Killed the frame rate and made it unplayable. I had to wait till I got my new laptop to finish the game.

I played JO on an old amd k6 550mhz with 160 megs of RAM and a 64 mb Geforce 2. LIke I said, played decently, not great but decent.

Stop posting threads about SW games. Save your money. Buy an xbox, or a new compy. \o/

Not to sound disrespectful to a moderator but, why do you have to be so mean about it...I can't afford any of those things...That's why I am on Lucasforums...because I can't afford any of the better forums...not that there is anything wrong with this site.

Not to sound disrespectful to a moderator but, why do you have to be so mean about it...I can't afford any of those things...That's why I am on Lucasforums...because I can't afford any of the better forums...not that there is anything wrong with this site.

I dunno if he was trying to be rude or just giving you the best advice possible. It is the best advice out there. Upgrading your PC costs way too much so don't go dreaming about that. Wait until your family gets a new PC and then get yourself a nice graphics card and you should be set.

A console is the better way to go, though. It's cheaper and and there are a lot of games for each one you don't have to worry about system specs and what not. XBOX is down to only $100 and has many great games for you to play. PS2 is probably somewhere in that price range and allows you to play all the oldies from the PSX so imagine just how many games there are out there.

If you don't have an income (I didn't when I got my XBOX, not even an allowance or anything), find something to do to buy it. I managed to do just that. ;)

I could really care less about consoles today. Its just not worth the money to me. Thats my own oppion. Racer is good for the PC, but I couldnt get it to work for my pc due to that cant read the dos format or whatever. But I did get that fix someone posted over in the DF2/MOTS threads to get the older games to install on XP and it works. I sold my consoles which was a Saga Genisis and N64 not so long ago, since I would rather have the PC over them now a days. But I did keep my Saga Game Gear. Hehehehe. And yea for the new Dell PC, they just had a commerical on about that $299 PC. Dell is good. Oh has anyone said SW Galactic Battlegrounds yet?

I dunno if he was trying to be rude or just giving you the best advice possible.

It wasn't what he typed but how he typed it. He told me to stop posting threads about Games. The fact is that i don't have enough money to upgrade, or buy any consoles right now...My Family's kinda going through a rough point...I am trying to get a job so that i can save up for a school trip to europe and then an Xbox...so to sum up what I said...basically I will be posting threads about help with low end computers until probably somewhere around next year...I know what games i want for Xbox so i wont have to post anything for that...so either he can just not look at them, deal with it, or boot me from the forums (but that wouldn't be very nice now would it.)

I could really care less about consoles today. Its just not worth the money to me. Thats my own oppion. Racer is good for the PC, but I couldnt get it to work for my pc due to that cant read the dos format or whatever. But I did get that fix someone posted over in the DF2/MOTS threads to get the older games to install on XP and it works. I sold my consoles which was a Saga Genisis and N64 not so long ago, since I would rather have the PC over them now a days. But I did keep my Saga Game Gear. Hehehehe. And yea for the new Dell PC, they just had a commerical on about that $299 PC. Dell is good. Oh has anyone said SW Galactic Battlegrounds yet?

Most would agree with this statement. Heck, I even agree with this. PC > Any console. But when low on income, the console is cheaper than the PC, all the upgrades, and the constant struggle with the newest games to even get them running on low settings. A console will play any game made for it and you don't need to worry about diskspace and specs to manage to enjoy it.

The only PC gaming I do nowadays once in a great while is replay Baldur's Gate I & II, NOLF 1 & 2, and the DF/JK series.

You know katarn we might have to get a group of people over at the DF2/MotS threads to do a tournament or something some weekend. Yea a PC is pretty good these days and plus there are some nice mods for games these days. So if you cant afford a new game or something then you could get a mod or even play online if its able to.

heh.. i never really multiplayed JK/MotS.. maybe I should reinstall it.. ;)

YOu can pick up 2nd hand xboxes and older xbox games dirt cheap right now.. but i guess you are still talking a reasonable amount of dosh compared to some cheap old pc games.. if you can find them.

Though unfortunately if you are into SW games there aren't really that many old ones that will run on that pc. DF/JK/MotS/XW/TF/RS/SWGB/SotE .. thats about it.

I'm sure there are a lot of cool JK mods and level packs.. and a lot of other old games have has SW mods made for them... I think several old RTS games had SW TCs, plus I suspect that Quake had several SW mods too.

Battle for naboo might run.. but it wasn't that great..

TPM was cool when I played it at friends' houses. I got it as an Xmas gift from the LEC store a couple years ago. It was fun up until not being a Jedi. And replay value is very, very low. I think it's best suited on the consoles personally.

Yeah, I miss online JK/MotS. I played on the Zone for a year or so but that community started to die and then a whole slew of cheaters were around and just turned me off to the whole thing.

It wasn't what he typed but how he typed it. He told me to stop posting threads about Games. The fact is that i don't have enough money to upgrade, or buy any consoles right now...My Family's kinda going through a rough point...I am trying to get a job so that i can save up for a school trip to europe and then an Xbox...so to sum up what I said...basically I will be posting threads about help with low end computers until probably somewhere around next year...I know what games i want for Xbox so i wont have to post anything for that...so either he can just not look at them, deal with it, or boot me from the forums (but that wouldn't be very nice now would it.)

if u can pay for video games, u can pay for a new comp. and if u dont have enough money, then get a job. and u mentioned 2 "pay forums"...they'res millions of forums out there.

umm...don't you need a joystick for these games about Ship flying? I don't have one. just a good old mouse and keyboard

u dont need a joystick for any game (atleast i think), its just another way of playing them(maybe a tad easier)

I wouldn't try and play x wing or tie-finger games without an analogue joystick of some sort. Though you can buy usb joysticks for the pc for a few quid these days.. if you don't want a top of the range one.

*remembers when everyone had joysticks*

Archived