Home

I have a entertainment dilemma

gswift

I have a huge dilemma:

I'm playing EaW on the computer. Episode IV is on the TV in the same room. I have to wear head phones so I can turn up the volume without bothering my truely wonderful girlfriend in the next room. I can only plug the head phones into one thing at a time.

So, do I listen to the game, the movie, or give her boxes to pack her things and listen to both?

Can anyone think of a better idea? (keep it clean guys...) I just don't know what to do. :(

lolz... there is a time and place for everything. My gf was finishing a painting she has been working on for a couple of months all day today, so I didnt get much of a word in.....the peace was refreshing !

Make sure that in the midst of playing EaW etc, you do something nice like give her her a back/neckrub, take her out for dinner or even just go for a nice walk. Crappy little things like that go a *long* way and will buy you more guilt free gametime :p

mtfbwya

I was just kidding about the boxes, but was curious about whether people would choose the game audio, or the audio of something on TV or radio in the same room while playing a game. Similarly, do you mute the game audio and play MP3's while gaming?

The girlfiend comment was just to add context to the question. I should have been more clear. Sorry.

To clarify that I'm not a TOTAL jerk. We have 'together time' and 'apart time'. She rehearses singing for 2 to 4 hours a day, hence the need for head phones, hehehe (she's actually very good, but scales will drive you mad. Even the dog leaves the room.) I actually have more 'guilt-free game time' than I know what to do with. :)

Or everynight, repeat into her ear while she's asleep "Star Wars is awesome. Star Wars is awesome. Star Wars is awesome...". And after about a week, she'll be pretty much brainwashed.

Ahhh, Jedi Mind tricks. I've said this before, but It's relevant here also; She's a therapist. Jedi mind tricks do not work on them, only money. :)

Archived