Home

An almost secret mission

Tay looked slightly nervous at this, but she did as she was told. Almost a year ago, she'd been shot down. Stress had been built up like no other time she could remember as she tried to steady the fighter just enough to survive the descent to the planet below.

Physically, Tay's eyebrows were furrowed as she relived this experience and she winced occasionally. But the datapad still rose into the air. Then, suddenly, it shattered, sending pieces flying every which way. Startled, Tay leapt backward and, with a vague gesture of her right hand, she deflected the pieces headed her way with the Force.

She stared at the scattered pieces for a long moment. Then, she said, "Somehow I don't think that went quite as either of us expected..."

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The response she received was a laugh. "No, that wasn't at all what I expected," Strider said. With that, he simply pulled another datapad over and set it back down. "Try again. The idea is after the stress builds up, to try and focus your energy for what you want to do. This is to train you to wielding the force under pressure," he instructed.

Tay nodded and sat down again. Again, she used the stress of the crash, but it seemed as if she wasn't quite as agitated this time around. She still winced ocasionally, but she looked to be more in control now. The datapad lifted into the air with relative ease. Several seconds later, it powered on. Then, almost immediately, it shorted out.

"I think it's safe to say stress is a problem area of mine," Tay remarked wryly, opening her right eye to stare at the dead datapad.

Strider shrugged and grabbed another one. "Might as well overcome it. Stress can hinder your powers, or sometimes, exponentially increase them. Only difference is, the second one leads down the path you don't want to walk down. Now, you'll probably ask why can't you walk down that path, well let's just say I already have, and it's not very rewarding or very beneficial," Strider explained. "Keep practicing. You have to learn to control your stress. After that, I want you to study your abilities, learn your extents and know your limits, I'll bring up a few practice targets to practice some basic Force skills on when you're done with the first part," he instructed.

Tay nodded and closed her eye again, forgetting she'd just shorted out the datapad hovering at her eye level. She focused her energy on it and managed to press the power button. Nothing happened. For a moment, she was confused and tried again. Suddenly, the screen flickered and came on. At that moment, Tay remembered it had been shorted out and she opened her eyes.

"I forgot," she said. "This one's..." She stared at it. "On?"

Strider couldn't help but smile. "Interesting what you can do with the Force, isn't it?" he asked rhetorically with an amused tone. With that, he activated some training drones in the room. "You may stand now. Use the Force to do simple defensive techniques, like hurling your opponent off his feet, or pulling their feet out from under them. Focus on what you want to do and guide the Force into that action," Strider instructed.

Strider merely smiled. "Somewhere around four thousand years," he said casually as if it was nothing. "I had a good friend back when I was a Jedi, she was a strict Force user, didn't draw her lightsaber out much, but I guess when you learn how to create barriers with the Force or spontaneously crush the blaster weapons in their hands, you have little use for a lightsaber, eh? She taught me everything she knew before she..." he paused, looking away for a moment, "became one with the Force," he finished with a bit of pain in his voice.

"Most if it I'm still teaching myself how to do, but since I have been unable to meditate in quite a long time, it's made progress and focus into that kind of energy a bit...tedious," Strider said. There was that word again, long. He realized his use of it again, and said before she could ask about that one, "Time span is just about as long as well."

As he mentioned the ability to crush a blaster, the thought flew through Tay's mind and one of the remotes appeared to implode. With a thought, Tay pulled at it and caught it out of the air. She stared at it for a few seconds before tossing it casually aside. Then, she glanced over at Strider.

"Then you would be older than Riebe by near 2000 years," she observed. Strangely, nothing seemed to bother her any longer. She just didn't care. So what if there was a 4000 year old human man standing here looking as though he were twenty? It was irrelevant save for the knowledge he posessed.

"Yeah, just don't expect me to gripe about back pains," he said with a smirk. "Yes, I'm definitely the eldest out of the Sith Hunters, unless Jack beat me out, which I don't think he did as far as I know. As for your focus..it's very well channeled, I think you could very well easily pick up on some of the abilities my old friend knew, but for safety's sake I'm going to have to ask you don't do that again, that kind of destructive power leads to more violent tendencies. Nothing wrong for using it for defense, however, just don't start crushing beings. Droids however, it works great on."

He thought for a moment, trying to remember some more abilities his old friend possessed, then spoke, "As our opinions began to...how to say...differ...we were eventually faced off at one another. By this point she had learned abilities such as creating a small whirlwind tornado and trapping a person in it, and in some instances could minorly control the movement of limbs. Now, I know these seem like more dark side tendency powers, but at the same time such abilities are usable for defense if performed for the right reasons," he explained. "Needless to say, if she was using them for the right reasons, I guess that answers what my reasons were," he added, shaking his head slightly and looking at the ground.

"It seems too easy," Tay said quietly. Using the Force, she lifted the crushed remote into her hand and studied it. She glanced at Strider and then tossed the crushed remote to him. "That happened because I considered what it might take to crush a blaster and then went on to consider what it would take to crush that. Then, there it was."

She frowned. "This doesn't sound like the Jedi training I've heard stories of. How it took years to catch on to things like this..." Slowly, she closed her eyes and mixed emotions flooded her. Confusion, concern, fear. "Is something wrong with me that it takes no time at all for me to grasp these concepts many a being my age were still struggling to understand?"

Strider shook his head, "You're very strong in the Force, so once we were able to get you to focus, catching on is rather fast. I wouldn't say something wrong, I would say something commendable. You have a strong focus, which you probably get from Riebe. The reason you're able to pick up on these talents so quickly, I suppose, is because, and this is just like Riebe was, when you put your mind to something, you want results, therefor it comes faster than usual. It is not unheard of for a Force Sensitive to pick up years worth of training in a short amount of time. I mean look at Revan back in the Old Republic. He had his memory wiped then later went through the entire Jedi training all over again, finishing all of it and retaining his once forgotton powers in a matter of days."

He thought for a moment for another example, "Look at me, too. I was exiled several thousand years ago, joined the Sith, left them after awhile, and for a couple thousand years just roamed the galaxy, cutting off my entire connection to anything Force related. Finally when I became a Sith Hunter, I was forced to recall all my knowledge in a matter of hours, in order to rebuild my lightsaber along with the rest of the Hunters," Strider finished.

Tay frowned, considering this. Then, she nodded. "I... I suppose so... but she never really taught me much of any of this... more like how to conceal the power. She seemed almost obsessed with hiding me or something..." She trailed off, uncertain.

"Palpatine just doesn't want any Jedi left, or Force Sensitives that he believes would be a threat to him. The only reason a battalion of Stormtroopers haven't come marching down on me yet is because Palpatine still believes I died a few years ago, because there hasn't been anything to show otherwise, most of the things I did as a mercenary were done anonymously," Strider responded. "But yes, in short, he would want you dead if he discovered you and found you to be a threat."

A faint figure appeared in the room and looked at the pair training. The weequay ghost smiled as he closed his eyes and then suddenly became a full, living and breathing creature. Emukiel was silent, but continued to watch the two, intrigued of Strider's teaching style and how fast he was able to train the young woman.

------

In the mean time, Valgo walked in a large circle around a meditating weequay, stopped and drew his lightsaber. As he jumped at his student and ignited his sword to swing it at Angak, he suddenly froze and the lightsber deactivated before dropping onto the floor with a bright clang.

Valgo slowly was set down and Angak woke from his meditation, inhaling fiercly. He was obviously overwhelmed and saw Valgo standing next to him, loking quite impressed.

"The force flows throught you strongly and you have a strong connection to it, like Emukiel"

"Thank you, master"

"No thank you is needed, for it is an obvious thing and has nothing to do with me. You have a natural connection with the force and if I could do a midichlorian test, I would guess the scale was not enought for you. However, that does not gice you the right to be arrogant in any way. That only gives you the right to be taught as well as you ever can and be given options to choose from. I will teach you as a follower of the Potentium or to be a jedi, whichever is the path you want to choose. To go to the dark side is your choise also, and I cannot deny it from you, and I could not care less for I fight only what disturbs the flow of the Force" he said and drew the lightsaber back onto his belt before starting to walk around him again.

"I have been tought many things since I escaped the purge, and two of my new mentors since then have been a part of a race called Whills, who are called the only ones who truly know the force and what it's all about" he continued and Angak closed his eyes again.

"Meditate more. Block the force from flowing throught you and dam it, then unleash it and let it flow throught you and take you over. Feel it, discuss it's true intentions and know it's thoughts before stopping"

Strider sensed his presence, but at the time, said nothing about it.

"If it helps to make progress even faster, don't think of the Force as something that must be controlled. Think of it more as a symbiotic relationship. Draw on and guide the Force, don't dominate it. Now, given your powerful wielding of the Force - and don't let that go to your head - I can teach you several of the techniques that my late friend taught me, or you can experiment, discover exactly what you can get the Force to do for you if you know how to guide it properly," Strider said to Tay.

Strider nodded, "I'll stay to guide, only so that you stay along the right path. Although I will allow you to freely explore the light and dark sides of the Force, I will intervene if you begin to delve too far into the wrong side," Strider warned.

Archived