Home

depressed

Nute Gunray

story about me being shy: back in teh day, Gunray had to ask Andy to go to the prom with him. Gunray failed to do so and became upset. So this guy says to Gunray "what's wrong?" I says "I want to ask 'Andy' to the prom, but I can't because I'm too shy." the FUNNY part is that she was about three feet away from me at the time. I don't know if she heard me or not. It doesn't really matter though, since that was a very long time ago. It does still strike me as odd that I couldn't say that TO HER, but a few minutes later when i'm not talking to her, but still practically right next to her, I could.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest rosencrantz

way to kill a thread babbit.

i almost feel like this is a sacred man-thread and i am trespassing. i don't think you know how good it is to know that guys are just as nervous-silly as the laydees.

you guys have no idea how amusing (albeit slightly sad) this thread is to me. i think you're all so sweet biggrin.gif except that ugly monkey. he's not sweet at all >:B

ANYWAYS. hi from ireland biggrin.gif nute, why dont you call me sometime. since it only costs you a penny for 104 hours. CALL MEH. i am going to be at home almost all day tomorrow as i am ill-ish with illness :o

Guest Jabba The Hunt

OK I know how terrible shyness can be, but by the looks of what you have already said to her the rest should be pretty easy. Here is a little script I’ve prepared for you (if you wish to take the advice of a fat lump of lard that has only had 1 girlfriend in his life and is now 16 then be my guest)

Nute - Hi

Girl - Hello

Nute - About what I said the other day, about you being very pretty, well I’m still really nervous and I was wondering if you would like to come out for a meal with me maybe some time.

Girl – Sure

Nute – When are you free?

Girl - Insert time here

Nute – OK, ill pick you up, where do you live?

Girl Insert address here, where are we going?

Nute – It’s a secret

PS if she really wants to know tell her as she may be scared by not knowing where she is going (females on here please confirm)

OK, now you have the problem of where to take her. This depends on 2 things 1. How much money you have. 2. How much you want to keep her. If your answer to both of these is not much then you take her to Mac Donald’s. If you answer to most of this is – some - you take her some place like pizza hut or maybe an cheapish restaurant. If your answer to both of those questions is very much then take her out on a really posh night, get a limo to her house have all the extra stuff etc.

NOTE: The author of this post accepts no responsibility for any damage done, to anyone due to his post.

SECOND NOTE: The author of this post will now check it for spelling and Grammar errors any complaints send to billgates@microsoft.com

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

well, seems like you have broken the ice. Now her comment to that friend could be you, I don't know. Look at it this way f you ask her our she could say no, nothing lost. If she says yes everything gained. Now even though I can say this I don't know if I could do it.

Talking to a girl you like is extremly hard, especially since you don't want to come off wrong. Good luck.

------------------

"Dulce bellum inexpertis."

(Sweet is war to those who have never experinced it.) Roman Proverb

Originally posted by rosencrantz:

ANYWAYS. hi from ireland biggrin.gif nute, why dont you call me sometime. since it only costs you a penny for 104 hours. CALL MEH. i am going to be at home almost all day tomorrow as i am ill-ish with illness :o

I DOES NOT REMEMBER WHICH PHONE NUMBER IT WAS TO USE redface.gif

I shall try...both. I shall awaken myself at any early time coordinate. It would be the suck to call IRELAND and not have anyone answer.

I do not have everything to gain, as the females cause one to expend vital funds that could be used to purchase various consumer products ranging from things that have the word Amidala on them all the way to green pine tree shaped car air fresheners (Note to self: get pine tree air freshener thing for car)

I seem to have lost track of something...oh yes. Jabba's plan is SOUND. I think the world should be crashing into the sun soon, because the world is clearly coming to an end.

I seem to have forgotten something......

her name is ashley.

Say Nute, like Admiral said, did it ever occur to you that this Ashley digs you and

wanted you to overhear her conversation. That she saw you enter the store and chose

to make clear to you that she wants you to ask her out. It's one of the

possibilities you should consider.

BTW, as we say over here; "Never shot, always wide" smile.gif

Guest Jabba The Hunt

I DONT BELIEVE IT YOU LIKED MY IDEA. That is amazing the world must be coming to an end.

------------------

"Its Going down his leg i think we are going to have to amputate.

"No, dont take the leg, dont let them take the leg, they cant take the leg!!!"

"Its heading for his testicles"

"Take it, take the leg!!!"

jabbathehunt@hotmail.com

I'm not worried. Jabba coming up with a sensible plan is only one sign of the end. Trust me, I'll have ample warning when the End is inevitable (You see, I'm involved with another sign).

Nute, what I'd do is go over some time when the mall is quiet (this'll work best if you get off work a few minutes before she does), and bring her a cuppa. Be sure to pick a day when you look good; not a day when the coffeehouse people have been yelling at you and/or making you run around like a headless creature.

Trust me. One of the most important things I learned from my best friend being a girl was how to flirt. cool.gif

Originally posted by Nute Gunray:

I told the friend she was "insane" and I then threatened to "cut her."

ROTFLOL!!!

And just remember what The Onion says:

statshot_3725.jpg

------------------

It's like I always say: When the going gets tough, the tough . . . switch to artillery.

Guest garyah99

Me shy too, hard thing to overcome. That's why I didn't get married til I was 31. Anyhow, I know's it's easier said than done, but maybe ask her when she gets her break and meet her at the mall for coffee. It's a nice public place, she would probably only spare 10 or 15 minutes (plenty of time to find out a little more about her, like if she already has a boyfriend. Then take it from there. BTW How come Nute has Ros's Irish phone number and I don't!!!!

DISCLAIMER: The following is going to make me sound incredibly sad, but I really don't care. smile.gif

(Please note before I say this that I do officialy have extreme social phobia, which is far, far worse than the ordinary inter-gender shyness everyone experiences at one time or another).

In all my years, (and not for lack of trying), I have never once managed to pluck up the courage to ask a girl on a date. The very idea terrifies the life out of me. I don't know what it is. It's not fear of rejection, I'm too well used to that. biggrin.gif It's not even one of the wierd limitations subconsciously imposed by society, It's just....there.

------------------

And what of the Director's Lenses?

The logs show they fled the scene in a shuttle. That is all the information we have sir, there is a high probability that the shuttle was destroyed in the battle.

A shame.....but we'll buy George Lucas another pair of glasses.

Ah yes, the troubles with the opposite gender frown.gif. Call me a loser, but I'm 15 and have never had a girlfriend. It's not like I have a lack of friends; one of my best friends is a girl, actually.

I'm not really that shy either. During school, there will be classes where I will not say a word. There are also those other classes where I am the class trouble-maker (because of talking to much, etc.). And out of school, everyone tells me I'm too loud, LOL. Most of the time all the people I like are drawn from the sphere of people I already know, but you know how that goes sometimes.

Anyways, I'm not that worried, since unless it's really special, most high school relationships are doomed to failure anyway. I've adopted the policy of rather having one relationship that lasts over having many failures.

@Zaarin: Yes, asking a girl out can be one of the most terrifying experiences. I've only done it once, and needless to say, it didn't turn out for the best. I think that going through it made me a little stronger though smile.gif.

[This message has been edited by Wraith's Saber (edited July 26, 2001).]

Girls ask me out. Im eternally greatfull.

I had three girls ask me out in less then a year. The first one was Hispanic, second was African American, and the third was an American blonde. I had to say no to all three of them because either they werent my type or there just loud.

------------------

JR2000Z-Professional Member

-----------

HOWS MY POSTING?

Call 1800-JR2000Z

or at JR2000Z@mindsping.com

Originally posted by JR2000Z:

Girls ask me out. Im eternally greatfull.

I had three girls ask me out in less then a year. The first one was Hispanic, second was African American, and the third was an American blonde. I had to say no to all three of them because either they werent my type or there just loud.

YOU SIR, ARE MY HERO. TEACH ME TO BE L337 LIKE YOU.

dude, you've just got to do it. What's the worst that could happen? She'll say no. yeah, it might bruise your ego for a bit, but unless she is the one you have always dreamed of and there is none other like her, you can move on to other fish in the sea.

last friday, i got shot down twice by two young ladies in my office whom I asked to join me for happy hour. Both had other plans. One of the girls I had never really talked to one on one, or even exchanged emails. I just sent her an email asking if she'd like to join me, to which she replied she had other plans and would like a raincheck. I dusted myself off and asked another girl whom I talk to regularly and she had other plans as well. Turns out it was a good thing because I ended up doing stuff with friends that same night.

Anyway, we have a consultant in our office who came here yesterday. Good looking young lady around my age. Well, I decided that I would love for her to join me for a drink, so right at the end of the day, she was in my cubicle for a second, and I just up and asked her if she'd like to join me. Because she only had 3 hours of sleep the night before, she said not tonight, but maybe tomorrow. I had made smalltalk with her hours earlier, and she was in my cube doing work for a bit, so we got to chat a bit more.

Anyway, Noot, you've just got to be a man about it. I'm normally shy as well, but women love to be asked out. Just go up to her, say "hi my name is Noot, would you like to join me for coffee today?" or some other definite activity. Don't just say "would you like to do something", have definite plans. If she says no, then just hope she asks for a raincheck and keep trying, but not every day, of course. Forget the romance stuff for the time being. Just get her to join you somewhere and then you can lay on the compliments, blah blah blah.

anyway, i've been turned down 3 times within a span of a week. You've just got to keep trying. be a man, dammit.

Yeah but all you guys are at the very least presentable.

BTW if you have social-phobia, DON'T GO TO A COUNSELOR(SP)! Go to a REAL psychologist/psychiatrist. All my councelor does is ask me about whussy feelings and stuff.

------------------

Was I supposed to eat the heads too? 'Cause I took nooo prisioners!

Once again, evil is defeated through the use of decorative agricultural technology!

Official forum Psychic

Originally posted by Taarkin:

BTW if you have social-phobia, DON'T GO TO A COUNSELOR(SP)! Go to a REAL psychologist/psychiatrist. All my councelor does is ask me about whussy feelings and stuff.

[/b]

I wouldn't go to a counsellor/psychologist for my social phobia. To me, that's like going to one for intense fear of the dark.....

N00t: trying inserting said name Nick in all of those, you might get a wierd look if you introduce yourself as N00t wink.gif

Ike: Good job you big Stud.

Whoever said Drinking was the answer: You Sir, are correct. Everytime I am with a girl I like at a party, and drink enough, I end of making out with her 90% of the time. biggrin.gif

Archived