Home

Unique Soidlers in B3

vader815

Republic:

ARC Trooper with 2 heavy pistols and megarifle(limited to 2)

Jet Trooper

CIS:

Drodekia

Grievous's Bodyguard with electro-staff(limited to 2)

Rebels:

Wookie and double health and 50% more defence, can throw enemies(limited to 2)

Bothan Spy

Empire:

Dark Trooper

Imperial Commandos, megarifle, immune to fall damage, can hijack flying vehicles with grappler(limmited to 2)

Feels free to argue and change soidlers

Imperial Officer like it is currently is really bad.

I would suggest making imperial commandos.

Give him a nice rifle with scope ability and a powerful melee weapon( like a good vibro shiv).

Give him powerful sticky nades that are like time bombs.

Make him immune to fall damage and able to shoot while jumping and mid air.

Grappling Hook would be nice if possable, if not a weak jetpack (like that of a darktrooper but fast charge time, really short jump and no double jumps).

ANOTHER cool choice, though improbable, would be Crimson Guards :3

Imperial Officer like it is currently is really bad.

I would suggest making imperial commandos.

Give him a nice rifle with scope ability and a powerful melee weapon( like a good vibro shiv).

Give him powerful sticky nades that are like time bombs.

Make him immune to fall damage and able to shoot while jumping and mid air.

Grappling Hook would be nice if possable, if not a weak jetpack (like that of a darktrooper but fast charge time, really short jump and no double jumps).

ANOTHER cool choice, though improbable, would be Crimson Guards :3

I like that! I too hate the Imperial Officer but I couln'd think of a replacement. Whats your take on the ARC trooper, I really hope he is there

the imp officer sucks really, but its what is often reffered to as an AI-only character. Human players, quite frankly, suck at using them but the AI seems to be actually quite good against human players when it uses them.... maybe the first signs of an uprisal by the computers against the tyranny of humans.....

Imperial officer is great...

Use the damage buff and suddenly the grenade launcher is super powerful.

And the geonosian pistol is almost a one-hit kill if ya get a headshot. Headshot + bodyshot = dead enemy. Considering how easy it is to aim, I find this weapon great.

Really, I don't believe the Imperial Officer is made for very direct frontline combat. He's more or less just a support unit. He has a recon droid for scouting/clearing lightly defended areas, the damage buff which can make an entire squad much more effective than normal, a sonic pistol to decloak/kill those pesky Bothans sneaking behind the front lines, and a grenade launcher for light close/medium range fighting or routing dug-in troops. Looking at him this way, it's a little easier to see why it's better not to jam an officer down the Rebels' throats. :p It's not really a problem with the officer so much as it is a problem with how players perceive the unit and how to use it for maximum effect. Generally, I've noticed a lot of people trying to go Rambo with every class they can get in MP instead of supporting the team as a whole. It usually doesn't work. :lol:

Yes, the Rage and War Hero damage increases are basically the same thing, as far as I know.

Imperial commandos would definately be a nice thing to have. I'd use them just to have the melee attack. It'd have to be a decently animated attack, though. Simple slashing or stabbing is ok, but I'd like it if there was a more involved attack, especially if you're directly behind an unsuspecting enemy. Being able to throw the vibro shiv would also be awesome.

Actually they have the ARC trooper in already as the Clone's Anti-Vehicle Trooper.

I never really did like how then put should a good character as the guy with the big heavy gun. The ARC trooper is best for small dangerous assignments that require him to shoot down enemy troops not take out tanks on the battle field. This trooper would be what I would use if I needed to spare my troops on the real battle while I sneak around back, grabbing outpost on the way, killing droids like it was a hobby. Thats what the ARC is for. :twogun:

like on Prince of persia TTT? that would be cool, but inbattlefront like...

I never played that game. More or less, if you're sneaking up on someone, then you're already taking a risk. It may as well have a rewarding animation. :) If you mean the knife throwing, then I'd say more like Soldier of Fortune 2: Double Helix.

well in RC you do have a vibro shiv. And your teammates (computer lackys) have really cool melee animations. I personally think a bit of melee attack is nice(hack even battlefield2 have a knife now)

Also, close range attack is cool and rarely unbalance the game even if the damage is high on infantry... you ARE taking some risk running up to them, and if you can sneak behind their battleline chopping up peeps, it just means you are l33t.

Obviously A few more semi-jedi or non-jedi heros would be nice. Though I would definitely not want to see a certain Katarn... (this is not JK/JA)

• 1 month later...

What the hell is that gun the Magnaguards have anyway? A rapid fire rocket launcher the size of a Battle Droids blaster? Yeah, Okay LA Devs. nice idea there, they ran out of ideas pretty quick didn't they.

All of the Command Classes are just stupid and wrong, all of them.

The officer classes could have beem much better IMO. They could've had souped-up blasters (like the commando pistol), along with their stat boosting abilities.

As for the Magna Guard's rocket launcher, it would have complemented the electrostaff nicely, making it excellent at short and medium range. And I wish it had that awesome cape. :(

Archived