Home

[Spoilers] Bad ending

Srob89

I just finished KOTOR II yesterday afternoon and was disappointed with the ending. It seemed rather abrupt to me. You confront Kreia(or Darth Traya) and she dies after she tells you some things about the future. And then you fly off into space. And she tells the exile that he must see the same places Revan did past the OUter Rim cause it was his destiny.

Maybe it was just me but I didn't like it AT ALL. The whole game was fun, except the end. Oh well.

I just finished KOTOR II yesterday afternoon and was disappointed with the ending. It seemed rather abrupt to me. You confront Kreia(or Darth Traya) and she dies after she tells you some things about the future. And then you fly off into space. And she tells the exile that he must see the same places Revan did past the OUter Rim cause it was his destiny.

I know this is hard for some people to accept but this is the games ending, your last dialogue with Kreia is the ending.

The first time I finished the game I skipped merrily through the ending dialogue with Kreia wanting to 'see' the end movie, when I found there wasn't one, other than 2 small ones pending your alignment, I wen't back and talked her ear off at the end and saw that conversation with Kreia revealed a ton and was the 'actual' ending for the game, I became quite satisfied with what was done. It very much felt like an ESB style ending.

While KotOR I had this big cinematic ending, TSL does not, this is not a bad thing either, OE was taking a different path.

People complain endlessly about supposed "cut content" but while the end of TSL had a certain 'limited' feeling to it it didn't detract from the story. Many people forget that once you go to the Unknown World in KotOR I, you were also 'limited' on what you could do. The Ravager and Malachor in TSL felt the same way to me.

Just my 2 cents. :D

There's no harm in that. The way how Obsidian programmed it made it look like that there is another possiblility, that the story is unending. That is true of real life too. Only the journey is written, not the destination. Still I admit I wass disappointed the first time I played through TSL but I played it again and realised that the story is there and the ending is the dialogue with Kreia like RedHawke said. The minifilm that you see is kind of like the ESB ending with all the ships and whatever. Nice analogy RedHawke.

There's no harm in that. The way how Obsidian programmed it made it look like that there is another possiblility, that the story is unending. That is true of real life too. Only the journey is written, not the destination. Still I admit I wass disappointed the first time I played through TSL but I played it again and realised that the story is there and the ending is the dialogue with Kreia like RedHawke said. The minifilm that you see is kind of like the ESB ending with all the ships and whatever. Nice analogy RedHawke.

Archived