Home

Is it possible to finish TSL?

LenaMarieD

As the title says, is it? I got the PC version recently, and my first game i couldnt load into the Telos Restoration zone, it kept crashing at around 80%, so i uninstalled and reinstalled and patched and started a new game, and everything was fine except on Korriban, it wouldnt let me into the tomb at the back of the Shyrack cave, it'd crash like before. OK, its not nessicary to do to complete the game so i go on with the game and now im stuck again, with the Return to Dxun part, it does the same crashing thing when i pick a team to head to the sith temple.

Do i have to just keep starting new games? or is it possible to move on and actually complete the game? Thanks in advance, this is really making me upset, how they can not fix these major bugs is beyond me.

Can you post your specs as indicated in thread? http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=146050

Without this it is impossible to help you.

Edit: Note that for the tomb at the end of the cave in Korriban can only be entered if you have reached a certain level ( I think it's lvl 9 but it's been a while since I checked) and a certain alignment (75% dark or light) but in any event it shouldn't crash the game.

The Crash occurs when loading into Freedon Nadds Tomb and the Dxun Temple part, it loads to what looks like 80 or 90% then crashes, other then those the game seems to run fine. My Char is also 100$ Lightside and level 40.

Below is swinfo.txt

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=5/3/2006 1:50:00 PM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.10.427

GameInstallLocation=D:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

C:\pagefile.sys=0

D:\pagefile.sys=0

[CPU]

CPUCount=1

CPUSpeed=2009

CPUFamily=15

CPUModel=15

CPUStepping=2

CPUVendor=AMD

CPUName=AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+

Status=Pass

[Memory]

RAM=1024

Status=Pass

[Disk Free Space]

C: (NTFS), UNICODE=21.09GB

D: (NTFS), UNICODE=10.91GB

Status=Pass

[CD-ROMs]

DriveLetters=E:\,F:\

Drives=HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4320B,HP CD-Writer+ 9300

[Video]

Video Card Name=NVIDIA GeForce 7800 GT

Video Memory=256

Desktop Resolution=1280x1024x32 @ 75Hz

DirectX=DirectX 9.0c (4.09.00.0904)

OpenGL Version=2.0.1

OpenGL Vendor=NVIDIA Corporation

OpenGL Renderer=GeForce 7800 GT/PCI/SSE2/3DNOW!

NVidia Driver=6.14.10.8421

Vid Card Status=Warning

Vid Card Driver Status=Pass

GL Status=Pass

DX Status=Pass

[Audio]

Sound Card Name=Creative Audigy Audio Processor (WDM)

Status=Pass

;Game Options from swkotor2.ini

[Display Options]

FullScreen=1

Disable Movies=0

Disable Intro Movies=0

Sort Modules=1

Width=640

Height=480

BitsPerPixels=32

RefreshRate=60

[sound Options]

Music Volume=85

Voiceover Volume=85

Sound Effects Volume=85

Movie Volume=85

Number 3D Voices=59

Number 2D Voices=64

2D3D Bias=1.50

EAX=3

Sound Init=0

Disable Sound=0

Force Software=0

[Graphics Options]

Grass=1

Shadows=1

EnableHardwareMouse=1

FullScreen=1

RefreshRate=75

Width=800

Height=600

Emitters=1

Anisotropy=1

Frame Buffer=1

Soft Shadows=0

Brightness=57

V-Sync=1

Texture Quality=2

Anti Aliasing=0

[Game Options]

Enable Tooltips=1

Keyboard Camera Deceleration=2000.000000

Keyboard Camera Acceleration=500.000000

Keyboard Camera DPS=200.000000

TextureVariation=1

BodyVariation=0

AppearanceType=946

PCGender=0

GameCompleted=0

CurSithLord=0

Hide InGame GUI=0

Use Small Fonts=0

Hide Unequippable=0

Tutorial Popups=1

Subtitles=1

Mini Map=1

Floating Numbers=1

Status Summary=1

Enable Mouse Teleporting To Buttons=1

Mouse Sensitivity=44

Difficulty Level=1

Auto Level Up NPCs=0

Mouse Look=0

AutoSave=1

EnableScreenShot=0

Reverse Mouse Buttons=0

Reverse Ingame YAxis=0

Reverse Minigame YAxis=0

Combat Movement=1

UnlockedPlanetSongs=19

EnableCheats=1

TooltipDelay Sec=1

Disable Movies=0

[config]

firstrun=0

[Keymapping]

Action286B=8

Action286A=7

Action285B=10

Action285A=9

Action284B=54

Action284A=51

Action283B=54

Action283A=51

Action282B=69

Action282A=73

Action281B=53

Action281A=76

Action280B=69

Action280A=73

Action268=52

Action265=58

Action264=57

Action263=43

Action262=85

Action261=84

Action260=83

Action259=82

Action258=81

Action257=80

Action256=79

Action255=78

Action254=77

Action253=31

Action245=75

Action244=55

Action243=67

Action242=74

Action241=87

Action240=56

Action239=68

Action238=82

Action236=83

Action234=81

Action232=80

Action230=79

Action228=78

Action226=77

Action225=70

Action224=90

Action223=31

Action222=25

Action221=24

Action220=29

Action219=28

Action218=42

Action217=87

Action216=65

Action215=63

Action214=60

Action213=62

Action212=61

Action211=66

Action210=59

Action209=71

Action208=89

Action207=72

Action206=30

Action205=55

Action204=67

[Autopause Options]

End Of Combat Round=0

Mine Sighted=0

Enemy Sighted=1

Party Killed=1

Action Menu=0

New Target Selected=1

[Movies Shown]

Movie10=1

Movie 9=1

Movie 8=1

Movie 7=1

Movie 6=1

Movie 5=1

Movie 4=1

Movie 3=1

Movie 2=1

Movie 1=1

Movie 0=13

The Crash occurs when loading into Freedon Nadds Tomb and the Dxun Temple part, it loads to what looks like 80 or 90% then crashes, other then those the game seems to run fine. My Char is also 100$ Lightside and level 40.

Below is swinfo.txt

[sWKotOR]

ReportDateTime=5/3/2006 1:50:00 PM

SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60

GameExists=1

GameVersion=v2.10.427

GameInstallLocation=D:\Program Files\LucasArts\SWKotOR2\

[OS]

Name=WinXP

Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2

Service Pack=Service Pack 2

Status=Pass

[swapFiles]

C:\pagefile.sys=0

D:\pagefile.sys=0

{snip}

You have no swap file. Open your control panel, double click "System", click the "Advanced" tab, open the performance settings window, click the "Advanced" tab, then click "Change". Select "Custom size", then set the initial size of your swap file to half of your total RAM (512 Mb in your case), and the maximum at approximately 80% of your total memory, (768 Mb will be fine in your case). After that just close all the windows by clicking "OK".

As the title says, is it? I got the PC version recently, and my first game i couldnt load into the Telos Restoration zone, it kept crashing at around 80%, so i uninstalled and reinstalled and patched and started a new game, and everything was fine except on Korriban, it wouldnt let me into the tomb at the back of the Shyrack cave, it'd crash like before. OK, its not nessicary to do to complete the game so i go on with the game and now im stuck again, with the Return to Dxun part, it does the same crashing thing when i pick a team to head to the sith temple.

Do i have to just keep starting new games? or is it possible to move on and actually complete the game? Thanks in advance, this is really making me upset, how they can not fix these major bugs is beyond me.

Hi there, Lena! - (I refuse to refer to you as "Mistress Lena"! :laughing: )

Although you have not been overly friendly to a nice piece of collar-meat such as yours truly - :mauls: , I, DM.005, being the benevolent Sith lord that I am, shall nevertheless endeavor to assist you in your crash problem(s)

- FIRST - I have experienced the SAME crash in the 'secret tomb' inside the shyrack cave on Korriban - my game would freeze and crash as soon as the cutscene (with Kreia's voice) began - you know, right when the Exile starts to walk towards the tomb entrance - my crash was caused by the Kreia's Assorted Robes MOD - by ChAiNz.2da (incidentally one of the BEST MODs available for TSL!), as I had changed Kreia's appearance to wearing her 'DarkShroud' - after much testing (and some help from ChAiNz), I discovered that if I just returned Kreia to her default appearance BEFORE triggering the cutscene that it would indeed allow me to enter the tomb (at which point I was able to change Kreia's appearance to the custom one again) - ALSO, I found out while researching my crash at the time that others were experiencing the Dxun crash to which you referred (also caused by the Kreia Appearance MOD- I think!) - SO, 2+2= the same problem you are experiencing ;)

Yes, yes - I can hear you now - "but I don't have the Kreia MOD installed..." if this is indeed what you were about to say, then in my humble, non-place knowing - MALE opinion, it is either being caused by Darkkender's Holowan Plug-In (hehe, I said "Plug-In..." hehe, GET IT?) - and I do recall that you have the Plug-In MOD (DOH! I said "Plug-In" again! :smirk2: ) - THEREFORE, your crash is caused by Kreia MOD - OR (possibly-VERY possibly) DK's Holowan Plug-In (hehe, I said... ah,forget it! ;) ) OR another VERY similar MOD to those two that you MUST be playin' with in your current savegame!

Case closed! I have no idea WHAT you and jmac are talking about above, but the cause of your crash (and most crashes!) is a MODified appearance in yo' override!

See, all us male - types ain't that bad! :forkyou: - I'm just your average, everyday scruffy lookin' NERF HERDER!

Hope this helps "your highness!" :)

- DM.005 :maul5:

Oh i've been nice to you Maul, trust me when im not nice, its obvious :) You are right though, i do have Kreia's Robe mod installed, at least this time i do, the first game run i did not have it installed. The crashes however dont happen during the cutscenes, it happens on the "Loading" screens.

Thank you however for helping, do i just need to delete or simply move the files for Kreia's mod? because simply stripping her of her robes and trying to load into the dxun temple still crashed. Same with the tomb, nerf herder :p

Oh i've been nice to you Maul, trust me when im not nice, its obvious :) You are right though, i do have Kreia's Robe mod installed, at least this time i do, the first game run i did not have it installed. The crashes however dont happen during the cutscenes, it happens on the "Loading" screens.

Thank you however for helping, do i just need to delete or simply move the files for Kreia's mod? because simply stripping her of her robes and trying to load into the dxun temple still crashed. Same with the tomb, nerf herder :p

Good evening, your worship-fullness! :)

Well princess , others (though not NEARLY as complex and cool as yours truly! :darth: ) might suggest some other long-winded, snooze-fest methods, you should take the advice of your favorite (oh, you know I am your favorite! :kisses2: ) friendly, neighborhood Sith lord-me- and try this easy fix:

- Go into TSL game directory and remove your current override folder (assuming - geez, I really hate that word! - that you want to keep the MODs you are already using in it!) - move it to your desktop (so you can re-install it after you get past the crash problem(s) ) , next :

- Now that your current override is on your desktop and out of TSL game directory, create a NEW override (spell it EXACTLY like that!) inside the TSL game directory - this NEW override will be completely empty, SO:

- Load your MODs into this NEW override in TSL - of course with the EXCEPTION of the Kreia's Robes MOD - and try it now - if you still have the crash, follow this procedure EXACTLY, but this time ALSO leave DK's Holowan Plug-In OUT with Kreia's MOD as well - reason being is that Holowan Plug-In has ALOT of different stuff in it, and it is nearly impossible to get a good list of EXACTLY what it contains (not even Darkkender remembers all the different MODs it incorporates!) - most of these MODs are a little on the old side - at least as far as MODs go - and as such, cause alot of conflicts and crashes -

- USM and DAHC WILL NOT cause these types of crashes, so you are good to go with them (see? How many guys that you know REMEMBER such little details that you mention to them? I ain't so bad! :dev7: )

Like I said, once you use this method of madness to get past your crash problem(s), simply re-name your NEW TSL override something like 'override II' so as not to get an overwrite prompt when you move this NEW one out of your TSL directory and onto your desktop - so you can use this trick again later if you need it- where your original override is located, and re-install your original override folder back in TSL directory - or I guess you could just chuck the NEW override folder, if you're that kind of girl! :)

Well, your highness-ness, I hope this has helped! Now this charming, young

Sith lord has got to go for a while - there's a bounty on my head, and if I don't pay off Jabba the Hut... well, you know the rest! :)

Plus, I have to punch in: 4 8 15 16 23 42 - then 'EXECUTE' - in precisely that order, or my island paradise might blow-up - if you know what I mean! :laughing:

Yours truly ( but not Truly yours! :xp: ),

-

My your a very Amusing sith lord :) Also a very correct Sith lord, the Dxun Temple works fine now only Kreia is and i qoute "I am so broken, so very broken" so the cutscene is messed up and long story short only atton appears at the temple. Is there anyway to un-break Kreia?

My your a very Amusing sith lord :) Also a very correct Sith lord, the Dxun Temple works fine now only Kreia is and i qoute "I am so broken, so very broken" so the cutscene is messed up and long story short only atton appears at the temple. Is there anyway to un-break Kreia?

Good afternoon, Ms.Lena! :)

Woman, you have ALOT of issues, don't you? :) - jk!

Seriously though, my puny little man-brain is on overload at the moment - due to 'real-life' BIG money wheelin' and dealin's - and the shocking (but predictable) happenings on a little show I know as 'LOST' last night/yesterday. So PLEASE ( I KNOW you like hearing that word - PLEASE Mistress, PLEASE!!! ) elaborate for me on your remaining problem - exactly which cutscene and which planet/area is giving you trouble?

Also, if they are not too numerous to list, give me a break-down on which MODs you are currently using- and as always, oh merciful Mistress, your humble servant - ME, DarthMaul version One - Half, shall be overjoyed to give you what it is that you require - and I'll help with your game problems, too! :laughing:

Don't be distress-ed Mistress if it takes me a lil' while to get back to you, as I will be on-and-off the ol' computer today - some more of that BIG money 'real life' stuff for yours truly to do battle with yet again today... but you know I will come thru for ya as best I can! :)

Besides, I know the price of failing you would be ... SEVERE! (I hope! :laughing: )

- DM.005 :dsaber:

your very polite! You even know how to speak to Dark Jedi Mistresses! your getting alot of points :) Okay the Exacts are:

-Dxun, Second Visit and the cutscene at the Mandorlorian camp where your being briefed on the situtation in Iziz because Vaklu is making his move on Queen Talia to kill her; Kreia is suppose to chime in and talk about splitting up the team and sending 3 people to the Freedon Nadds Temple while you and Kreia hit the Palace. Except Kreia is Broken and thus is absent, so her part never takes place and only atton appears at the temple.

As to the mods im using:

USM, Holowan plugin (except Lost Jedi and the Hardcore mod), Kreia's Assorted Robes, Wrist Console and Hakpad and the 2nd override directly you had me make is everything but the Kreia Robe pack.

I think that Kreias robes mod is whats doing it, in cutscenes it messes up if kreia is a part of them, correct me if im wrong, but you should remove the mod, and do the cutscene, and then return the mod.

your very polite! You even know how to speak to Dark Jedi Mistresses! your getting alot of points :) Okay the Exacts are:

-Dxun, Second Visit and the cutscene at the Mandorlorian camp where your being briefed on the situtation in Iziz because Vaklu is making his move on Queen Talia to kill her; Kreia is suppose to chime in and talk about splitting up the team and sending 3 people to the Freedon Nadds Temple while you and Kreia hit the Palace. Except Kreia is Broken and thus is absent, so her part never takes place and only atton appears at the temple.

As to the mods im using:

USM, Holowan plugin (except Lost Jedi and the Hardcore mod), Kreia's Assorted Robes, Wrist Console and Hakpad and the 2nd override directly you had me make is everything but the Kreia Robe pack.

Hey there, sexxxay one!

I trust your loyal subject (that would be me, DM.005 :dmaul3: ) has not kept you waiting too long, my dark Princess of power! I was on official Sith business - but now I have returned to carry out your dark orders! :nod:

I thought this was the cutscene/area of the game to which you were referring - thank you for clarifying this for me, Mistress LMD! First:

- I DO NOT believe this is being caused by Kreia's Assorted Robes MOD - as I myself have played thru the game twice with the MOD, and have NOT experienced the crash/glitch to which you are referring - using this circumstance I feel confident, my Dark Queen, that we may also rule out USM, wristconsole, and TSL Hak Pad, as I myself play with these MODs (and about 40 others!) and have not had this "performance" problem (WINK!WINK!)

- Therefore your majesty, I am sad to say that this must be caused by a rogue file in Holowan Plug-In :mad: . This is the one MOD you have listed that you and I don't both play with ( I guess great minds REALLY do think alike! :) ) Hoplowan Plug-In IS a great MOD, however due to the numerous conflicts and crashes - and the lack of a good listing of MODded files, I have chosen to steer clear of it, at least until a revision of it is made (one with stoffe's TSLPatcher, ideally!)

So now, I would try the trick I showed you before - but COMPLETELY remove the GI-NORMOUS Holowan Plug-In from your game's override (the override that you are actually using to play in game). Once you get the teams to split up and the storyline progresses as it should, you may re-install the Plug-In to your game, if you wish to keep using it! But be warned your worship-fullness, you may encounter another similar problem once the teams are split and the storyline progressed - that is, if you re-install the Plug-In...

It is alot more work, but you can use the individual MODs (most of them) that are incorporated in the Holowan Plug-In, and in doing so reduce the likelihood of these 'bad' things happening - most of Holowan Plug-In consists of MODs that ALREADY existed, and Darkkender made them compatible with each other and packaged them in to one GIGANTIC MOD - so if you just select the different MODs/aspects of it that you REALLY, REALLY want and install them one-by-one into your game's override as individual MODs, it WILL help!

As I have said before, it is MORE than likely an appearance MOD causing this, probably one of the Plug-In appearance MODs - I wish I could be exact for you, my Queen :queen - but give this a try and let your humble servant know if it 'fixes' this problem for you - and while you are doing that, I, being the loyal subject that I am :worship: - shall explore a couple other angles to this for you, in case this does not solve it - but I am confident it will!

As always, your slightest touch and smallest words command my obedience, oh Dark Mistress of the Sith! :hearteye:

Wow, I have even impressed myself with my words of humble compliance, your highness-ness!

Yours truly (and VERY, VERY nearly Truly yours!),

hehe sorry, im discussing my problem! Honest. Unfortunatly, its unresolved, the Freedon Nadds temple loads now without the Holowan plugin pack but Kreia is still "Broken, very broken" so only Atton shows up inside the cave to the Sith Trooper camp outside the temple.

My bad, stingerhs! I actually am aware of the rules for NOT posting SPAM, and I fully intended to let LMD know in that post of mine you trashed that I had a couple other possibilities for her crash problems to elaborate further upon if need be. I merely got distracted by "outside influences" and submitted the post without it being finished. Won't happen again, brotha!

Well hello there, Mistress LenaMarieD!

The modERATOR was actually referring to the last post I had left you before this one (it has since been removed by him) - he wasn't referring to anything that you did wrong - it was my error, and as such, I am deserving of your harshest of punishments for my impudence!

However, the post that I left incomplete (and got b$tched at for!) was intended to let you know that a couple other possibilities donned on me about your crash:

- As far as Kreia's Robe MOD, I distinctly recall that windows98 and 2000 users (at the time I was one of them) were experiencing problems with the MOD, and that ChAiNz.2da (the maker of the MOD) released a patch for the MOD - so are you operating on windows98 or 2000? If so, let me know and I will post you a link to the Kreia patch.

- Also, when you were removing the 'old' Dark Apprentice (Lost Jedi) files, did you remove any other files, specifically from your games 'modules' folder?

- And, have you tried getting thru this by switching your override folders out (like we discussed) to the one WITHOUT the Kreia MOD - at least until you get past the crash...

- Yet ANOTHER possibility might be that you need one or more of the patches for TSL that are available at the team-gizka site - though try the other methods I listed, and if it still does not work let me know, and we will go from there!

As always, I, DarthMaul v.1/2, am here to serve you, oh Dark Mistress of the Sith! I hope my incompetence has not lowered my standing with you, my Queen!

Your humble apprentice,

- DM.005

Unfortunatly, its unresolved, the Freedon Nadds temple loads now without the Holowan plugin pack but Kreia is still "Broken, very broken" so only Atton shows up inside the cave to the Sith Trooper camp outside the temple.

That happens when the game loads something incorrectly instead of crashing you get a messed up savegame with one or more of the NPC's saying the "I am so very, very broken!"... unfortunately the only recovery option you have is to start from a previous save before the glitch happened.

This same issue can happen with unmodded games as well. Hence why in TSL they added the hint in area transitions that you need to "Save often and in different slots." ;)

thanks everyone for all your help, especially that interesting Sith Lord! Everything is working again, after removing that buggy (but great) Holowan plugin, with sadness, and rebuilding my override directory, i happened upon this great saved game editor by tk102 which i was able to use to completely repair the save game files and I just finished the Ravager and everything is okay :) I wish i would have known about KSE when i had the area transition problem with my UNMODDED KOTOR2.

Thanks again for the help, especially to Sith Lord for identifying the Holowan plugin as the culprit and tk102 for his miraculous saved game editor.

Archived