Home

[FIC]Amongst the Ruins

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys.

As for how many more chapters, I'm guessing that I'm not even half way finished. If you've played Battlefront 2, this is just about the part where you capture the command post and are about to move out for the shields. Also, there will be something pretty major coming up that wasn't in the game, provided I can keep writing. :D :D :D

Played. Not anymore. Republic Commando is one of those games that just don't captivate me to play again unless they release an expansion or something of sort. Also, i never tried online.

But let's keep to the topic, shall we? :p

Yeah, I hear you. Single player, though very good, was quite linear, reducing it's replayability. Multiplayer is what is keeping me going on it.

But yes, on-topic. >.>

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
This is the first thread i ever read, and i think its great! Way to go, Niner. I hope you can chuck out some more chapters.

Thanks for the reply.

The good news:

One of my clubs is almost over so my friend, bballforlife, and I are planning on finally getting our writing club operational.

The bad news (sort or):

We may be working on a different book together.

Oh, also I joined a ton of other clubs, lol. More like the teachers pressured me into joining other clubs. >.<

You can't say "no" to a teacher, lemme tell ya, lol.

• 3 weeks later...

You do realize, thought that if there isn't anything new going on, we're going to revoke our opinions...ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! GET SOME NEW STUFF!!!!!! **makes scary/annoyed/jacked-up-crackhead face** just messin. take your time...

You do realize, thought that if there isn't anything new going on, we're going to revoke our opinions...ARRRGGGGHHHH!!! GET SOME NEW STUFF!!!!!! **makes scary/annoyed/jacked-up-crackhead face** just messin. take your time...

Oh dear! :o

Lol, I'll see what I can do.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, here's the plan:

I'm going to attempt to write one more chapter today. Then, I want to take some time to discuss the fic so far. I want to hear what you guys think I can do to improve. I'm also going to email it to mach and see what he thinks.

Sound good? Let's just hope that I don't get distracted.

Edit:

I wasn't lieing! It's coming. Just lemme' format it real fast and it'll be up.

EDIT: It's up! Enjoy!

Chapter 15: Reinforcements ----------------------------------------------------------------//

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Forward Command Post – Mygeeto Mission Clock 15:30 //

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Hunter stood up and stretched his tight leg muscles, attempting to brush off the dust particles that had engraved themselves into his armor. Storm rested his hands on his knees, breathing deeply, while Flash stood coolly against the gray concrete wall, his chest heaving. Max, on the other hand, was encountering difficulty composing himself, as he rocked back and forth, his hands clenched around his bandaged foot.

A tall shining figure strode from the entrance hatch of the gunship over Max and stretched out an armored hand to help him up. “It’s nice to see that you’ve made it back in one piece,” Commander Spike said, seemingly jolly despite his deep raspy voice. Then he noted Max’s foot, the dark red blood seeping out of the bandage and drying in a black scab. “Or almost in one piece.” Max forced a chuckle and clutched Spike’s hand, pulling him to his feet.

“Is that everybody?” Echo inquired from the cockpit of the LAAT/I. Spike quickly glanced around the crowd of battered clone troopers.

“That’s all we’ve got,” Spike replied. “Go ahead and close the blast doors.” Hunter watched the thick metal walls close until he could only see a slim rhombus of the hallway, the severed pipes spewing out a combination of steam, sparks, and a mysterious bluish purple juice. Then it was gone, and Hunter turned back his platoon commander. Now the rest of the Shock Commando Squad stood around Spike, their polished black DC-17m’s glowing in dim light flowing through transparisteel skylight.

The Shock Commando Squad, known as Zeta Squad, was an intimidating force, indeed. The party consisted of Appo, Ajax, Deter, and of course, Spike. Their armor was matte black with metallic crimson highlights. And most daunting of all was Commander Spike, his electrobinoculars positioned just above his tinted visor. Spike wore a large brown Mandalorian warrior shield on his left shoulder, and he had his own radio station located on his backpack.

“Okay, now that we’ve finally got the platoon together, let’s talk about our accomplishments and our objectives,” Spike began. Max hobbled up to the front with the other squad leaders directing the assembly. “From what I understand, this command post is ours, but I don’t expect it to stay like this for long, if we don’t get more reinforcements. I’ll see if we can’t get another platoon down here to control this station when we’re through with it.”

“This planet isn’t only good for that power source,” Caleb pointed out. “It’ll be wise to have a foothold on Mygeeto for other tactical purposes in this war.”

“Agreed,” Spike responded. “As far as we know, the enemy’s heavy turrets in the area have been neutralized. Our gunships can transport us around the Forward Command Post. However, we have no idea what kind of anti-air turrets they have at the power facility. We can’t risk an airdrop.”

“We’re going to have to travel by foot,” Max concluded. “And we’ll need the AT-RT’s for supporting our trek.”

“Unfortunately, there are some pretty thick energy shields blocking the paths of the vehicles around the command post,” Echo mentioned. “Again, it would be too dangerous to take them over via LAAT/I.”

“Indeed,” Spike mumbled, his hand stroking his chin plate. “We’re either going to have to take down the shields, which could give the enemy more time to prepare defenses but would give us more firepower, or go on without the AT-RTs, which would allow for more stealth, but would permit much less firepower.” He made a low grumbling in the back of his throat as he thought for a while before turning to Caleb.

“In my opinion, we should take out the shields,” Caleb announced. “We can split up to make it faster and then rendezvous at the North Camp. It’s just about a klick out in front of the Forward Command Post. From there we can regroup and continue our march to the Power Facility, with the AT-RTs for support.”

“Sounds like a plan to me,” James, Nu Leader, put in.

“All in favor?” Spike queried. The clones raised their hands in agreement.

“I volunteer to take Iota Squad to the Western Security Point. From there, we should be able to neutralize the shields long enough for the AT-RT’s to pass,” Max said, all pain seemed gone from his voice, only to be replaced by sheer determination.

“Echo, could you drop my squad off at the Eastern Security Point?” Angel, the leader of Epsilon Squad, asked.

“Sure thing, boss,” Echo replied, leaning back against the gunship’s hull.

“I’ll take my squad to provide sniper cover from the north side of the command post,” Phantom suggested.

“Okay, okay. Now we’ve got a plan,” Spike commented. The thing he loved the most about being the commander of the 501st was their independence. They basically formed the plans themselves, while he just put in comments here and there to get them going. He pulled out a holomap and placing it in the middle of the assemblage to point out the exact places in which each squad would travel to. As they studied it, Spike continued. “Zeta Squad will tag along with Iota Squad. Kappa will meet up with Epsilon Squad at the Eastern Security Point. The survivors from Pi and Nu squads will stay here and man the security cameras and resume contact with our space support. Got it?” Everyone nodded their heads.

“Roger that,” James replied, and the squad leaders broke off to meet with their squads to discuss their roles. Spike turned to James and the survivors of Pi and Nu Squads to discuss the casualties.

Max treaded triumphantly over to his squad. “So, you know what’s going on?”

“Of course,” Hunter responded eagerly. “And I’m ready to get started.”

“Nah,” Flash began immediately after, fighting through a yawn. “I think I dozed off there for a moment.” Iota Squad turned to glare at Flash. “I was just kidding, guys. Don’t worry.”

“Okay, you best be ready,” Max stated. “We’re teamed up with the big boys, so I don’t want you to make any mistakes and embarrass me in front of my real friends.” They all chuckled, even Storm, though it was only noticeable by the slight shaking of his massive shoulders.

The members of Zeta Squad silently stalked up to Iota Squad. “You guys ready for battle?” Ajax asked, excitement in his voice. Usually, only the newcomers were excited for authentic combat. Most people learned that it wasn’t that great real fast. But Ajax was no rookie, quite the opposite actually. He simply found joy in shooting ion pulses through expensive robots.

“Yeah, I guess so,” Storm replied casually, repositioning his rocket launcher to a more comfortable position.

“They’ve got extra ammo in the gunship, if you need a resuply,” Deter informed them. “It might be a good idea.”

“Yeah, let’s stock up,” Max suggested. “You never know when more ammo will be available. If it is now, we may as well help ourselves.” Hunter looked up from scraping some excess charred armor off of his leg plates and followed his squad over to the LAAT/I.

“I’ll give you five minutes until we move out,” Spike informed everyone. His booming voice echoing around the hanger.

“Durnet!” Flash exclaimed, refilling his sniper pack and snapping it in place on his shoulder plate. “I was beginning to like this place.”

• 3 weeks later...

It isn't the best Fic in CEC, but it has a good chance of being a memorable Fic. There are many underrated Fics in CEC, including yours, Mr_BFA, Jason's and mine to name several. Everyone also has their own unique writing style.

Just looking through here and found this. Is this any more memorable now? lol

• 1 month later...

Archived