Home

[FIC]Amongst the Ruins

hi niner i just found your story ramndomly while i was seeing if there was an rc 2 and i think it is one of the best stories i hav read in a while.i hav one question about your story though.

is hunter supposed to be sort of highlighted as the main charachter and if so have you chosen him because you liked fixer(they were both technicians)

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply
hi niner i just found your story ramndomly while i was seeing if there was an rc 2 and i think it is one of the best stories i hav read in a while.i hav one question about your story though.

is hunter supposed to be sort of highlighted as the main charachter and if so have you chosen him because you liked fixer(they were both technicians)

Welcome to the Forums scorch, I doubt that Niner is on often, but he might be online to answer your question. ~snipped Please save grammar critiques for the fics, especially for new folks. --Jae

Thanks so much for reading the story. I'm glad you enjoyed it.

And yes, I do like Fixer. Also, if I were in a squad, I'd probably be the technician. In the book that my friend (bballforlife) and I are writing (sort of - haven't worked on it much lately) we each have a character in it. I'm the technician, lol.

Thanks again for reading!!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'd really like to write some more of this, but I have recently received a school assignment in which I have to write a short story. I can't use this one because it's not ALL my own ideas. So, I have to use all my writing time to write some other story for school. Sorry, again. I said that I'd write another chapter, and I will try my best to do so.

Btw, if you'd like, I could tell you about my other story? It would be off topic, but it is all my writing.

Yeah, I'd really like to write more of these, if I can finish this first one, lol. Bballforlife and I had this whole outline of Heart of Darkness, which kind of mixed our two stories together. However, he has moved on to writing fantasy, and I doubt that I can get him to finish his Star Wars one.

So, yeah.

• 4 weeks later...

Lol, it has been awhile, and I'm going to have to be working hard on my Extrusian Assault as it is due TOMORROW. But after that, I have the holiday off, but I'll have company.

I know that I can find the time, I just don't, lol. I've recently joined a new Republic Commando clan called RedCell. That's taking up much of my time, lol.

But really, I'll try my best.

• 3 weeks later...

this is nice work. i was already planning to create a story myself based on ideas from the game, but now, seeing as you already have the republic side covered, i suppose i got to do a story based on the empire. I don't like to be accused of stealing someone's idea.

There are lots of different stories on the Republic side that you can do. Create a different unit, go to a different planet, have a different mission, etc., and your fic will be different enough that it's not plagiarism. --Jae

Oh dear!!!111

I worked on this today! The first time in about half a year, rofl. Still, here's a preview. I can't say when it'll be finished.

Chapter 14: Hangar Bound------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Forward Command Post – Mygeeto Mission Clock 15:00 //

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

:p

But really, I'm working on it.

OH MY GOODNESS!!!!111one

A new chapter! I can't believe it. I buckled down and didn't play computer games. I said that I'd write another chapter, and I planned on keeping my word. I hope that it makes sense and is good.

Enjoy!

Chapter 14: Hangar Bound-------------------------------------------------------//

------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Forward Command Post – Mygeeto Mission Clock 15:00 //

------------------------------------------------------------------------------//

Hunter turned on his helmet spotlight to get a better look at Flash. The light sizzled, but remained functional. “Where?” Hunter asked, stepping closer. There was a bang outside and little fragments of building material drifted to the floor inside the void.

Flash looked up at Hunter, his eyes glassy inside his helmet. “It’s not bad, just a flesh wound,” he joked, lowering his arm from his abdomen, revealing a hole in his armor. Red blood poured silently out of the puncture. Three cracks streaked away from the epicenter of the wound, which was smoking black.

“Fierfek,” Hunter swore. “I’ll take care of this.” Hunter was the closest thing to a medic in their squad. Max was always saying that he’d take a flash medic course if the opportunity arose. He wanted to be able to take care of his squad, like a squad leader should, but this was one of their first campaigns, and they hadn’t quite earned the respect that the elite clone soldiers deserved.

“Storm, you hold back the assault,” Max ordered.

“Gladly,” he replied, eyeing his pistol momentarily before making his way to the opening in the debris pile.

“And don’t get hurt,” Flash added, waving him off.

“I can help with him,” Max told Hunter, struggling to pick himself up.

“No,” Hunter ordered his squad leader. “You stay there. Put some bacta on your foot and tape it up. I’ve got Flash. He’ll be alright.”

Max grunted, but made no other protest. He sunk back to the ground and took out a med pack. He jabbed a healing steroid syringe into his foot and then dumped some bacta on it. It would be sore for a while, but he’d have to pull through for his squad, for the 501st, and for the Republic. He taped it up and pulled a thin rock out from the wall. Max put it on the bottom of his foot, for extra support.

Meanwhile, Hunter was busy taking care of Flash. The wound was definitely a blaster wound, which meant that there was no bullet. That was a good thing, he thought. The bleeding was slowing and Flash was becoming his usual amiable self again. “Come on, Hunter,” Flash protested, “I can make it to the hangar alright. I’m Flash remember.”

Hunter didn’t laugh. He simply looked into Flash’s eyes, and then continued searching his med pack for the correct equipment. When Hunter found the bacta, he poured some into the bullet wound.

“Aaahhh, that’s the stuff,” Flash said, trying to make light of the situation. “Keep the magic healing juice coming.”

Hunter stopped when the wound was filled and the bacta was beginning the healing process. It really was almost magical, how well it worked. Finally, Hunter taped up the bolthole and patted Flash on the shoulder. “That should be good for now,” Hunter commented.

“Bombs away!” Storm shouted, ducking back into the chamber. There was a dull monotonous thump. The droid parts created a tinkling sound as it rained down on the makeshift roof above Iota Squad. Max leaned forward, groaning as he put weight on his wrecked foot.

“Are we ready to break out of here?” Max asked, leveling his rifle.

“Indeed we are,” Flash replied, pistol drawn at his side.

“Then let’s get moving,” Storm said frankly. “These droids must be getting bored out there with nothing to shoot at.” In a single movement, Storm leapt back out of the hole and took cover behind a jagged rock protruding out the side of the debris pile. The rest of Iota Squad followed.

It took Hunter’s visor a moment to adjust to the dim lighting in the facility, which was actually brighter than in the cave. Perhaps it’s adjustment mechanisms were slowed due to the high electromagnetic activity in the area. Hunter could notice that the droids weren’t performing well, even for mindless robots. It seemed as if they were saying random programmed battlefield comments and responses. One of the droids was alerting HQ of enemy armor. Hunter wished it was the case, but it wasn’t.

Staring down the sights of his blaster pistol, Hunter meticulously picked off the malfunctioning robots through the smoky atmosphere, careful to use his ammunition wisely. With the help of his teammates, the droids were soon sparking and twitching on the ground in a puddle of oil and other mechanical juices.

“Good work squad!” Max complimented, stepping past the rubble into a corridor leading deeper into the command post. “If I’m correct, the hangar that we’re looking for is just down this passageway and up a few levels.” He smiled briefly before joining his squad in the jog toward the hangar. Thoughts of soft beds and warm meals ran though his mind. He had to laugh at that though. If he thought that reinforcements brought hot meals and beds, he was wrong, but in this case, they’d bring something better. It seemed all of a sudden that the greenish gray pipe-covered walls gave way to an enormous chamber, much like the bridge conjunction that they’d fought in earlier.

“Let’s steer clear from the middle this time, shall we?” Flash suggested, eyeing the flimsy bridges passing over what seemed an endless pit of more and more catwalks. “It would be very easy to hide some sort of remote or motion detonator out there.”

“Good call, Flash,” Max acknowledged. “We stay near the edge. Let’s take this path.” He pointed to a ramp leading up into the wall.

“Roger, Lead,” Storm said, stepping onto the ramp and making his way up. The metal floor quickly gave way to thin grates. Below, the rusty gray grates lay a massive network of pipes and power lines.

“They’re kind of intimidating,” Flash joked, referring to the world beneath the grates.

“Meh,” Hunter replied. “Maybe they supply the hangar with supplies and feul.

“Could be,” Max put in. “Let’s just worry about getting to the hangar, and surviving the mission. When we’re back on a RAS you can study the statistics of this place.”

As the squad continued its trek, the corridor became increasingly small until the soldiers were forced to crawl on their hands and knees. It wasn’t easy with the equipment that they were lugging around, not to mention the injuries. They were all glad when the tunnel came to an end and solid floor appeared at their fingertips.

“Hold up,” Max commanded, pulling out his holo map of the building. “I think that we just take a right then a left and it’ll be clear sailing to the hangar.”

“Sounds good,” Flash replied, eager to get out of the claustrophobic channel.

“Okay, let’s do this swiftly and stealthily,” Max ordered. “Storm, we move on your mark.”

“Right,” Storm replied casually. “Mark.” He brought his fist hard into the panel separating them from the main hallway. The panel flew forward with ease, providing Iota Squad with a convenient path to the hangar, and reinforcements. Storm slid out and performed a roll, turning to the right. The rest of the squad did the same and dashed for the turn up ahead.

Unexpectedly, red blaster fire began to sear past their helmets. Hunter jerked his head back to investigate the incoming fire. Two destroyer droids were spewing out fire while three more sluggishly turned to aid the other two.

“Oh shout!” Hunter yelled unnecessarily loudly. “We’ve got destroyer droids, six o’clock.”

“Do we now?” Flash panted sarcastically, keeping up with the rest despite his critical blaster wound. Just as they skidded around the corner the fire ceased.

“Don’t stop, men!” Max bellowed, limping as fast as he could. He saw another clone trooper in the hangar. They were almost there. Max hastily switched off his fried comm. system, and resorted to his own powerful voice for communication. “Hostiles on our tail! Cover us!”

Three more clone troopers walked out to greet them, crouching down, blasters raised, pointing straight at them. In most occasions, Hunter would feel uncomfortable having people pointing firearms at him, but in this case, he allowed it without thinking twice.

“Get down!” one of the clone troopers shouted, letting laser bolts eject from their rifles. The five destroyer droids wheeled around the corner and opened fire, shields up. A blaster bolt caught Max in the ankle as he slid behind cover. He grunted in pain, but the noise was drowned out by the deafening drone of a LAAT/I Republic Gunship that was setting down in the middle of the hanger. The soldier in the gunship’s turret quickly targeted the group of hostile droids and gently squeezed the trigger. A high powered beam of light green energy blasted down the hallway toward the destroyers. Hunter peeked around the corner just in time to witness the droids melt into the floor and get blasted to smithereens.

“Nice save,” Max acknowledged, crouching over in pain.

Archived