Home

question concerning mods and patch

fortune faded13

Older Mods should be updated with patch 1.4 XML files if they were affected. The patch readme changed damage and health points of units in game. Using older mods will have older XML as Petro stated above.

I am making a new EAW_XML_14 mod pack for easy use for modders to refer to.

I also got the first update to the Enhanced AI Mod using Mike.nl 's LUA Editor now the final patch is out. RAID_AI Module. It starts off with making the Rebel AI very nasty in using Hit and Run attacks especially in planet land raids. The human player Empire in skirmish mode against a Rebel AI will have a real threat now not knowing where and how hard the Rebel's raids will be. :) And it will be randomly up to 6 units plus 3 Hero's (ground commando will be free). The Empire will have to spend precious manpower to garrision planet's lest lose one to a RAIDer party.

Next I am working on making the space units to react better in space battles. Notice how a unit fighter will stand there dead and not move while its brethren are getting the snot kicked out of them? Not anymore.

Plus better path finding...and bigger/better composition of battle fleets when attacking. No more only 2 capital ships. Even some templates for use in selecting randomly your starting force at the beginning of a battle.

Archived