Home

Was Bao-Dur supposed to die?!??!?

i have a soundfile that was supposed to be a trailer type thing. It actually has a lot of the cut content, like Handmaiden confronting Visas and such. it is very interesting, though, because from 0:24 to 0:27 Bao-Dur sounds pained and he says, "Make my sacrifice matter..."

Was he supposed to die like Atton was in the cut content? What is going on?!?

My pet theory is that it would depend on actions taken by the Exile if he died or survived. :)

It seems like at some stage they planned to kill of party members depending on things you did or said in the game. Like Visas harakiri during the fight with Nihilus, Atton/Handmaiden going psycho, running off and forcing a fight to the death against Disciple/Visas, etc.

Well, the Visas Sappoku thing can only be done if she is equipped with a lightsaber at the time, though it would be a waste to have killed such a beauty.

And I think Bao-Dur's death would depend on Exile's action.

Either way, he would be on Telos working on techie stuff/mission and would not be on the M V trip with Exile.

i have a soundfile that was supposed to be a trailer type thing. It actually has a lot of the cut content, like Handmaiden confronting Visas and such. it is very interesting, though, because from 0:24 to 0:27 Bao-Dur sounds pained and he says, "Make my sacrifice matter..."

Was he supposed to die like Atton was in the cut content? What is going on?!?

Handmaiden does confront Visas if your influence is high with her and low with the Handmaiden.

Well, it *can* be beautiful...

Think about it, you walk in and seeBrianna sending the `saber thru Visas heart...

Then Brianna turns to you and yell "why... why don't you love me?"

And do the whole "lookie I put a a saber thru my stomach" skit.

A reasonable ending for a girl like Brianna when she loses it.

Im not

But that is no small influence diffrent i think, its a big one, like 20 with Handmaiden and 100 with Visas or something

The way it was set up in the cutscene trigger script it would only need a 45 influence difference, which would not be unreasonable to reach unknowingly since Visas is a lot easier to earn influence with right from the start than the Handmaiden is. Especially since you can get them both at the beginning of the first planet after leaving Telos. You'll have to either be lucky, or actively avoid talking to Visas until you've gained enough influence with the Handmaiden to make it safe. Which would be metagaming requiring advance knowledge about how the game works behind the scenes.

Part of this plotline remains in the game, where the Handmaiden refuses to talk to you any more if you reach a 30+ influence difference between Visas and the Handmaiden, but she won't run off like it was planned at some point during development.

Have heard that she most wear her standard clothes or somethin when she do the sucide, but im not sure. Anyone know about this, it was a time since i played TSL now
I do know the answer to this. That's because I was trying to have fun one time by changing Visas' appearance into other party members and have them commit suicide and take screen shots of it and post 'em here to get a rise out of ya all.

Anyway, the problem is the animations of her doing the suicide move is only in her Sith robes. That's why it's scripted to have her specifically wear only clothing to have that option availible.

If you were to change Visas' default clothing in the appearance.2da file, and had her do the suicide move, the game will freeze up sort of. The game screen will go black, but you can still hear the sounds of the game and even go to the menus. But you can't play the game because of the bug you just activated.

I read Prima's guide and you can get Visas to sacrifice herself if she is wearing her clothing and is equiped with a vibroblade.

By the way, samurai ritual sacrifice is spelled seppuku. That is the formal name of hara-kiri. It is pretty gruesome in that it requires the slicing open of the abdomen. I think I saw a picture of it once.

I read Prima's guide and you can get Visas to sacrifice herself if she is wearing her clothing and is equiped with a vibroblade.
Visas can do it with a lightsaber. She just needs to be wearing regular clothing.

visassac4rv.jpg

Archived