Home

Character alignment screwup fix

Sir Vougalot

I think most people probably know what I'm talking about. For an easier read, I'll explain my personal situation:

I have just left Telos, and have now reached the point where you can choose which planets to visit. (I have chosen Nar Shaddaa first.) My character has completely fallen to the dark side. I stepped out of the ship, and all of my other characters where at the opposite side of the spectrum (i.e. complete light side). After the little scene with the Toydarian, I went back into the ship to engage in some more conversations, and Visas Mar showed up, so now she's in my party. I then proceeded to take along with me Brianna (the Handmaiden) and Visas and returned to the Nar Shaddaa starpad. Now it seemed that things were as they should be, because Visas and Brianna were fallen almost completely to the dark side, and had their evil appearances. However, after the scene with the Exchange thugs attacking that helpless man, the ladies returned to their light side appearances, as well as being completely light on the scale. I tried to remedy this with the "adddarkside" cheat, but it doesn't seem to be working on anyone but the main character for some odd reason.

Could someone please fix this? If it has already been fixed, could someone link me to it? Thanks.

I believe what you did in that conversation about the thugs lost enough influence with both Handmaiden and Visas that you ended up making them revolt against your alignment. If you had 55 influence before, they would be darkside, and 45 influence after, they would be lightside.

I would recommend that you use the addlightside cheat and add 100 ls points to see if that is the problem. If that is the problem, the ladies will turn darkside.

If not, they will stay lightside.

The adddarkside and addlightside cheats only work on the PC. Use Mr. Defender's Wristband or ChAiNz 's Hak Pad to change the alignment and influence of your companions. I would suggest using one of these if the cheat doesn't work. You also could use KSE.

_EW_

You know, I really wanna make an Alt-F4 being the best ever cheat for whatever you need joke. Instead I'm gonna recommend checking out Mods on PCgamemods.com I'm sure there's more than one that ramps up all influence to max from the get go.

My Mistake Correction Armband does wonders with influence (Get it at my site, the linky is in my sig), though you will also likely need tk102's Remote Tells Influence Mod so you can see the current influence levels you have with your NPC's, besides it makes the Remote actually have a purpose. :D

If I recall correctly, ChAiNz didn't put influence changeing functionality into his HackPad because he integrated my above Mistake Correction Armband Mod into it, but you have to have my mod installed and the armband in your invantory to access that part of the HakPad.

Lastly, it is futile to give alignment points to your NPC's as the influence system negates what you set it to anyway. ;)

If I recall correctly, ChAiNz didn't put influence changeing functionality into his HackPad because he integrated my above Mistake Correction Armband Mod into it, but you have to have my mod installed and the armband in your invantory to access that part of the HakPad.

Correct Sir :D

Whoo Hoo! :elephant: -RH

I figured why "fix" something when someone has already provided an invaluable tool? ;)

@Zerimar Nyliram. Just as RedHawke stated, you'll need to download RH's mod for the function. You'll also need to make sure you have my Booster Pack 2 installed if you want it incorporated into the Hak Pad :)

http://www.pcgamemods.com/mod/14872.html

Redhawke: What is the cheat code to use with "giveitem" to get your armband?

ChAiNz.da: When I installed his armband mod, it had some spells.2da files that overwrote the ones that came with your mod, to which I answered "yes to all." Are they his compatible with yours? Or the other way around? If it's the latter, then do I now have to reinstall your mod?

I had originally tuped "Taris," rather than "Telos." I guess they do begin with the same letter and have the lame number of letters.

Is there a way to cheat with the influence points?

OOOH. Sorry, I thought you meant you fixed your actual problem, not your Taris mistake. It's ok about that, I do it too. It just confused me at first because I thought you were talking about K1 and then you went off about Nar Shaddaa.

I would expect that if you use ChAiNz.2da's mod, those would be the compatible *.2da files. Reinstall his mod and reoverwrite the files again. Make sure to use Booster Pak 2 like he said.

_EW_

RedHawke, I can't seem to get your item to spawn. I tried "giveitem rhcorrectionarmband," "giveitem correctionarmband," "giveitem correctionband," "giveitem correction_armband" and "giveitem correction_band," but it's not showing up. I tried to find it through ChAiNz's Hak Pad, and still no luck. I Also tried different things, such as having his spells.2da files overwite yours, and vice-versa. Nothing seems to work.

So first of all, what exactly is the code? And second, who's codes need to overwrite who's?

RedHawke, I can't seem to get your item to spawn. I tried "giveitem rhcorrectionarmband," "giveitem correctionarmband," "giveitem correctionband," "giveitem correction_armband" and "giveitem correction_band," but it's not showing up.

So first of all, what exactly is the code? And second, who's codes need to overwrite who's?

Uh? :eyeraise:

Giveitem Item Cheat Console Codes:

---------------------------------------------------

rh_correction - Correction Armband

:roleyess:

Confucius Say: Answers like this are likely to be in the Mods Readme file.

Check out ChAiNz.2da's Hack Pad readme file as well... your installation order answers are there. ;)

Yeah, I checked the readme file, and I'm posting this because it doesn't say anything about it. All you said was that you need to use the "giveitem" cheat, but you never went any further than that. Seriously, that line is not in my readme file.

But thanks for clearing that up nonetheless.

Yeah, I checked the readme file, and I'm posting this because it doesn't say anything about it. All you said was that you need to use the "giveitem" cheat, but you never went any further than that.

Sorry, but this is simply not true...

Seriously, that line is not in my readme file.

Yes, yes it is... I have only released one version of the mod and that part is definately in the readme file. On both my site and PCGameMods the line I quoted above is indeed in the readme file.

Sorry, but I don't know what you are trying to accomplish with this statement, other than attempting an argument.

** What this means is that if you happen to have the following

mods installed, you can access it's functions through the Hak Pad

without having to equip it!

You WILL however have to download and install their mods for this

function to be available. You will also need to have their mod items

in your inventory (the actual armbands).

But don't worry! If you don't have the mods, the special dialogue won't

appear! (No need to worry about accidentally choosing an invalid

function and crashing your game).

- Darth333's Wherami Armband

http://www.starwarsknights.com/tools.php

http://www.geocities.com/d333mods/index.html

- RedHawke's Mistake Correction Armband

http://www.pcgamemods.com/10928/

http://www.citlink.net/~redhawke/

- mrdefender's Wrist Console

http://www.pcgamemods.com/u/1214/

http://www.jediarchives.ca/

If you have already installed the above mods and they're working fine,

don't change a thing! BUT, if you would like to download and use them

via the Hak Pad, here's a little tip... just install all of the files

WITHOUT the spells.2da. That's right, you won't need to edit it

because the Hak Pad will directly access it's functions via the item's

dialogue! How's that for a "hack"?!.. hehehe ;)

The info you seek is very much in the various readme files...

Edit: I just checked my mods download at both my site and PCGameMods and the cheat code section was definately present in the readme file.

I'm not attempting an argument. I hate arguments (unless they're philosophical). I simply didn't see it.

But I got it working, and it's a big help. Thank you. (Though the characters still do switch to the opposite side sometimes after major cutscenes. This returns to normal when I enter a new map. I guess it's just a bug in the game. Seriously, someone should fix it.)

Archived