Home

Smon's Officially Official Zelda Thread...official.

The LoZ series is the only series that has brought me more joy than Mario and more happiness than Psychonauts.

The first Zelda game I played was LoZ:LttP for the SNES, and the first I beat was LoZ:LADX for the GBC.

I played the hell out of these games, I played LoZ, bought LoZ 2, got to the last boss of LoZ:LttP, beat LoZ:LA, beat LoZ:OoT, beat LoZ:tWW, bought LoZ:OoTMQ, played LoZ:MM and can't wait for the Twilight Princess...but I have to, still, delaying to improve is better than releasing an incomplete game.

Who else has played these games so much their eyes fell out, swordfought each other, and then jumped back in?

Yeah that would be me... I've not played Ocarina of Time or Majora's Mask yet because I didn't have an N64, but I've got them for my Gamecube. The only reason I've not played them yet is because my TV doesn't have 60Hz, but I'm moving house in like 2 weeks and the TV there has it, so I'll be playing them :)

But Wind Waker kind of changed my expectation of what an adventure game could deliver. Those cel-shaded graphics looked crap on paper in magazines and screenshots on Gamespot, but when you actually saw it running it looked incredible. Twilight Princess will rock my world, twice, because I'll probably get it on the Wii too.

I remember back in the day anticapating the release of Ocarina of Time. Then having it be delayed once or twice. Such a bummer. But I did finally get it when it came out. A gold version of it, which was huge to me back then. I used a strategy guide to beat it. So I don't think I got as much enjoyment of it as I could have.

And I don't remember everything that happened in the game because I played it so long ago. But I do remember being totallyed freaked out when I first saw day turn to night, Riding the horse over the open fields, hitting chickens, the great music, I really loved the game. Thats the only Zelda game I've ever really played.

I'm not even sure which next gen system I'm going to get yet. I'm going to wait and see what happens with them all. Either the 360 or Wii. And if I do get the Wii, I'll most likely get Zelda for it too.

OoT was a classic. I pre-ordered tWW just for the Master Quest. Unfortunately since I hadn't beaten OoT before I beat OoT on the Gamecube and never played MQ. Now I don't know where the disc is. :(

Archived