Home

Training for a New Player

Trumpetstud

Well, the game arrived on Thursday, and I've been playing it quite a lot recently, and the only word I can think of is "WOW"!

The battles are always so epic in size, just like the movies. The space-battles are super-realistic, although maybe not as big as I'd like, and the Jedi just outright pwn. There's nothing like cutting through a platoon of battle-droids with Yoda or boarding an enemy star destroyer with a gunship and a full raiding party! This game just absoultely rocks. I haven't played the first Battlefront, so maybe others will have different opinions, but man this is just great. Props to LucasArts for doing a great job, although sometimes multiplayer gets a bit laggy during the ground-battles, namely on the Kashyyyk and Dagobah maps. Is there any way to fix this? I have a WLAN connection and a fairly fast laptop with an ATI Radeon XPress 200M, and the graphics seem to work fine. I've also got a gig of RAM, and the processor runs at around 1.8GHz (it's an AMD Turion 64). I've also got Windows XP, of course!

But yeah, I'm trying to be experimental and am taking advice by trying out as many of the classes as possible (although frankly I tend to suck as a sniper). The space battles are by far my favorite, especially the ones where I can play as a droid.

Oh, and how many people play on the 1.1 patch? I haven't patched the game yet because I've heard that the patch isn't that great. Should I get the patch anyway? it doesn't seem like there are very many servers...

Well if you accidently got the award(cursed) sniper, you won't have to use it if you don't change your guns.

Thats why I say use the "tape on screen" thing as your crosshair. That way you don't have to switch to pistol for close in fighting.

The award sniper sucks big time, really.

Archived