Home

Vrook in KOTOR 1 (SPOILERS)

dewayne26

I did, because my brother told me.

After playing this game several times, Vrooks hints really are too obvious to oversee them, but I don't think that anyone recognises them in her/his first play.

Actually, the first hint that there may be something wromg with you comes muxh earlier, on Taris. First, Carth tells you, that the force is able to delete ones mind and reform the character in a completely different way. And second of course Bastila, who feels your strength in the force (or however you call this in english...)

I liked Vrook in KotOR I. I thought he was the most concerned out of the masters. I call him the pillar of the KotOR I masters. Vrook's character-type is that of someone who keeps everyone else in line. When it came to KotOR II, I think he was a little too excessive. If they kept him on the same note as KotOR I (concerned and conservative), I think I would have liked him more.

As for him 'letting things out of the bag', I did think it was an odd statement. Unfortunately, I cannot recall my impression of it when I first played the game.

Hmmm, okay, RC, I agree.

and about that Vrook/Mace-Thing: Mace windu questions the pupils and Padawans in good will, to make them question themselves, what they do and if it's the right desicion. Vrook simply is on to you.

I have to admit that I always wonder of how relevant things are. So at some point on taris, I started wondering what's all this about Revan, hell he's even mentioned in the opening text scroll there must be something relevant about him. It's just the line Malak, last surviving apprentice of Revan, it whould have stopped right after Malak. After that, it's all the dialog on Taris about Revan (it actually is throughout the game, but at this point only Taris matters). Carth's line about the power of the Force, followed by Carth's line about having all the skills of an elite commando, and being handpicked by the Jedi (even some of the talk from Bioware while the game was still in production can be seen as hints, though only after you start wondering). With all this in mind, Vrook's line only confirmed it. From that point on I pretty much knew it. It didn't really matter to me, I'm just as happy playing Revan from the start.

I have to say that the biggest suprise was that Jolee actually got to live in the LS endings. And the fact that eventhough you cut off Bastila's head, she still shows up at the celebration, so apperantly cutting of somebody's head isn't all that permanent.

I thought we were going to have to fight Revan. I took Vrook's words, "and the dark lord should return," as a foreshadowing of an event to come. It so common to talk about a supposedly dead character, and then at the end he is revealed to not only be alive but is also the mastermind of every event the main character has been through. So I am fully expecting a showdown with Revan. Hell, there was a time I thought Bastila was Revan.

Yeah- I thought that I was going to fight Revan or something.....

I just played through the game again, and noticed something...

Every time a NPC gives away a 'hint' the camera is placed right in front of him. Every single time. I just found that a bit strange...

Now, for the random Vrook spamming! (Kotor 2, LS)

a) he acts if like he's an all powerfull jedi

b) some idiot bounty hunters are able to capture him

c) who are defeated easily by *insert player name* who isn't even a jedi at that point(depends, play along).

d) he runs of to stop the upcoming mercenarys. The complete army makes it to the hallway anyway...

e) after which he states that your help was nice too, after which he

1-enrages you into choosing DS choise options of killing him

2-makes you de-install kotor 2

3-makes you hate bold people

f)*random troubled youth violence*

You have to think of Vrook as the grumpy old man of the jedi.

But to restore your joy a little (I hope), I leave you with this thought:

In K2 we learn that Vrook was on the jedi council on Coruscant that banished the Exile after the Mandalorian Wars. In K1 (five years later), however, he is an teacher on the jedi enclave on Dantooine. Isn't that a bit of a step down for him?

I can hear the other jedi masters now: "No, Vrook. This is a promotion for you. Really!" :D

When I played KOTOR for the first time, I honestly didn't know that the PC was Revan, until I was on the Leviathan, Saul kind of gave it away, but I was still surprised when Malak told the PC.

As to Vrook, all I got from him, was that he hated the PC. The PC could do no right by Vrook no matter what the circumstance. I really didn't pay any attention to his dialog the first time I played, about the fourth and fifth I actually started to put two and two together.

Actually he states he allowed it to happen.

Point taken, although my Vrook-hate sequence was meant sarcastic, and in no way serious. Vrook is actually pretty strong imo...like all old guys with a lightsaber (Yoda, Palpatine, Dooku etc). :)

Archived