Home

nihilius

darthyorktown

As far as I know, there is no cut content relating to Nihilus' backstory. There isn't really a great deal of cut content at all relating to Nihilus, actually. Just two cutscenes on board the Ravager, and a few extra dialogue options at the end when you fight him.

I don't know about major, but it wouldn't surprise me if he played a role in K3. Though it wouldn't suprise me if he didn't, either, since Star Wars characters don't have the habit of coming back to life. Then again, one could argue that Nihilus was never really "alive"...so it's anyone's guess.

It seems very clear to me that he was human (insofar as he can still be called one). Look at these references from the game:

[A loading screen] "The Ravager was hauled from the gravity well at Malachor V by its new master. He used it to escape imprisonment on Malachor V.The Sith fleet attacking Telos appears to be composed of many damaged warships... the wreckage of a great battle."

[Description of the Nihilus Mask] "You have taken this trophy from the remains of Darth Nihilus - it is the last surviving piece of the beast who died and was reborn in the shattered world of Malachor V. By taking it from him, you have gained a stronger tie to the Force."

That option was cut fairly early on, since there are few traces of it left. I'm glad that was cut, though. Atris would have been a poor main antagonist, and it seems too out of place for Kreia to be aligned to the light side.

Although most of that option was cut, if you change cursithlord= to 1 in your swkotor2.ini file, you can see Atris in her evil queen costume at the main menu.

That option was cut fairly early on, since there are few traces of it left. I'm glad that was cut, though. Atris would have been a poor main antagonist, and it seems too out of place for Kreia to be aligned to the light side.

I actually agree with that. Kreia's goals are pretty specific, and it doesn't seem to make much sense that Atris would suddenly take them all over. Didn't like the look of "evil Atris" anyway... And yes, you shouldn't get to "redeem" Kreia. She doesn't seem like the type who would even want to be.

Archived