Home

Let's pop some bottles...

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That makes me wonder how much longer we will occupy this place . . . Somma you have been here that marvelous year, me... a little over 2 months (I hope I get a birfday thread, and yes, I no mie sppeleeng izz ossumm!). Eventually wont we migrate to the community site for DF's new game? Well, duh! But that could be in forevruz.

Weird and pointless. How else are big-shots gonna anounce big news? *sigh* I've dreamt of someday going, now my dreams have been ripped away and smashed into pieces by a monkey weilding a crude but effective hammer and then it's remains sent to that idiot network Fox which does an entire coverstory on it, finally sent to a school to be fed as low-quality gruel seeing as dreams taste bad without seasonings which they are too 'poor' to afford.

I dunno. It sort of made sense in the fact that it was kind of spiraling out of control with the amount of money being spent versus what they were getting out of it. I've never been, but you always hear how it's so crowded, and loud, and uncomfortable, for everyone involved. (How it could be so crowded when I thought only the press were allowed in is beyond me. Because obviousily others were getting in too.)

It sounded like it grew too big for it's own good. It must have been insanely expensive to set that whole thing up and then only get what 4 or 5 days out of it? I mean sure, it was THE gaming event, but that seems a bit wasteful.

So many announcements in such a short time period mean much of that information is being forgotten or pushed aside almost immediatley after it's issued by some other annoucement issued.

Companies wait all year to release lots of info on games their involved with during E3, leaving the rest of the year a bit bland and uneventful. Why not release some other information and stuff throughout the year?

Sure the Metal Gears Zeldas, Halos, and other big games will get lots of attention. But maybe that means other interesting , original, or great titles don't get much attention at all during that time.

Maybe they should just tone it down alot(Which I think they're doing right? I dunno, I might be wrong.), or hold more numerous smaller gaming events. So more info can be released over a longer period of time, giving different games more time in the limelight.

But what do I know? I'm sure multi-million dollar companies know more about what should be done then I do.

In any event, I'll miss it. It sucks that it had to end. It was fun to look forward to it every year wondering what kinds of stuff would be said or revealed. Kinda like Christmas. I'm sort of bummed out that I'll never have a chance to see it as it once was now. Not that I ever would have gotten the chance anyway.

P.S. WOW. I'm sorry about that rant. I really am. Sometimes I just go on, and on when I'm on the internet. Forgive me?

Archived