Home

Just some ideas =)

Mb2 ask permission for the use of models, just as chosen suggests OJP do if this idea were to be adopted. The accusation that we stole them all is pretty offensive.

OJP and MB2 have always been close as mods, in no small part due to the amount of shared team members.

There is no rivalry between the 2 mods, nor should there be. We are aiming for different goals.

I would appreciate it if people would not try to create such a rivalry with lies such as the one posted here, or hateful rants such as the one Maxstate posted in the saber discussion thread.

There's room enough for both mods, and I'm sure Razor wouldn't want you going around causing trouble on his behalf, or ruining the friendly relationship we have both enjoyed for such a long time.

Clearly there are some hardcore mb2 fans on this forum but please IGNORE posts/texts that say something against Your 'relic of faith' (mb2). This forum is not about mb2, it's about OJP so keep on topic.

This is most likely because Maxstate has been actively campaigning upon our own forums lately, directing people here.

Everyone please go along with what ACiDuS just said. Mod rivalry is counterproductive and silly, especially silly when the mod creators aren't even enemies themselves.

The population of JKA players must be dwindling as time goes by. Noone's going to have a big enough group left to justify a server if we fracture it up more by fighting between fans different mods or styles of gameplay. And that goes even if you don't like the guys who hang at the other mod's forum, or don't like their server's made-up rules or lack of them or whatever.

The other way around mostly, OJP came before MB.

And to Paro: +1.

REALLY? But who was co-lead (as far as I remember) and one of main coders? Renegade was. And who was the animator guy? Keshire. Of course what they did then was for OJP, since MB didnt exist that time.

^Wow lol nicely put Paro :)

I'm sorry when I used the word 'stolen' when talking to Chosen, though I had used it more subtly in conversation - 'stolen...or actually borrowed' or something along those lines was what I said. So for the misunderstanding, I apologise

Emiel, I understand the concern. If you're not happy with what one posts about mb2 in another forum, settle it thru PM with any involved parties or razor. 2 wrongs dont make one right, there's little you can achieve by coming in here and trying to justify things yourself

Emiel, I understand the concern. If you're not happy with what one posts about mb2 in another forum

If the accusation is posted publically, its only reasonable that the correction be equally public. I would rather not leave people with the mistaken impression that mb2 stole all of the content. Permission was asked, and credit given.

Clearly there are some hardcore mb2 fans on this forum but please IGNORE posts/texts that say something against Your 'relic of faith' (mb2). This forum is not about mb2, it's about OJP so keep on topic.

To be fair, it is ojp forum members (in this case Maxstate) that have come to the MB2 forums with the sole intent of directing people here, and promoting OJP in many threads.

You're a fool Chosen and you always will be one. But please don't infect another forum with your pathetic flame threads.

Looks like someone is infecting my thread with pathetic flames.....Also reread this entire thread, I never flamed anyone or anything once.

Sigh......You MB2 people.....You call me a ****ing parasite and yet you ****ing follow me and post in MY thread. If you hate me so much than don't post in my thread nor notice me. I am trying as best as I can to move AWAY from MB2. Obviously if you had any level of reading comprehension the point of this thread wasn't about "TEH STOLENZ MODELZ" it was an idea about OJP.

I NEVER said your models were stolen for the record.

Jesus, I mentioned one word about MB2 and here comes the calvary and everyone taking it entirely too offensive. The "stolen" part wasn't the topic nor the idea of this thread.

Please for all that is holy, get back on topic......

The HUD looks really good Max.

If the accusation is posted publically, its only reasonable that the correction be equally public. I would rather not leave people with the mistaken impression that mb2 stole all of the content. Permission was asked, and credit given.

I understand. I think we could settle this amicably by having Chosen edit his posts. Again, I apologise for him quoting that part of our conversation. I agree that the 2 teams...well mb team and ojp community actually, should continue to co-exist in harmony. No doubt that content has been shared by both parties; let's not let this put a strain on the relationship, after all resources in the JKA community are rather limited

I understand. I think we could settle this amicably by having Chosen edit his posts. Again, I apologise for him quoting that part of our conversation. I agree that the 2 teams...well mb team and ojp community actually, should continue to co-exist in harmony. No doubt that content has been shared by both parties; let's not let this put a strain on the relationship, after all resources in the JKA community are rather limited

I refuse to edit my post regardless. It shouldn't have been taken so harshly, and it shouldn't have gone this far. For that matter it should never have been posted on this forum. If you have a problem with what you or I say then take it to PM's.

that's just one example, it's getting so.. friggin.. old.

Lol, you're talking to THE CHOSEN ONE on the MB2 forums buddy. All I get is **** and hate on that forum. For example just 2 seconds ago some asswipe said he wanted to punch me. It gets to the point of pure frustration to have such an idiotic and childish community. Its like an orphanage where the kids have free run. I am tired of it. The MAIN reason I am looking into OJP so highly is to get away from the MB2 community for the moment.

I am posting here purely because emiel did max, although I understand his reasons for doing so. It is not a matter for pm when someone publicly states that mb2 are thieves.

Given that you've deleted your posts, I guess the replies should also go. *poof*

I understand. I think we could settle this amicably by having Chosen edit his posts. Again, I apologise for him quoting that part of our conversation. I agree that the 2 teams...well mb team and ojp community actually, should continue to co-exist in harmony.

I sincerely hope that continues to be the case :) None of the problems seem to be related to OJP nor your community, rather 2 disgruntled ex-mb2 players acting on its behalf.(max/chosen)

None of the problems seem to be related to OJP nor your community, rather 2 disgruntled ex-mb2 players acting on its behalf.

Sigh....I am not a disgruntled MB2 player. Nor do I think UDM is, if anything UDM just prefers OJP over MB2 he doesn't hate it. I never said anything that would imply I dislike the mod nor did I hint that I thought your models were "stolen". I was using UDM's words as an example of other mods success with such an idea of mandatory models.

Offtopic:

Pretty cool smiley :stick: , lol.

WHOA! Did I miss something here? LOL!

Ok, just a few things:

First of all, everyone be more careful of your wording especailly when it pertains to MB2. Remember, we are still Affiliates of theirs, and proud ones at that. Paro, you probably didnt know that, so just keep that in mind.

Secondly, any feature put in MB2 or OJP is not stolen by any means just to make that clear. As mentioned above, permission is always asked before the usage of features.

Thirdly, any more flaming or even borderline flaming and I'm closing this thread. Like I've said before, I'd rather not do that because closing a thread signifies that our forum is becoming less mature (and no that is not a shot against MB2, it just means their community has alot of younger players meaning its more neccessary there... and its alot bigger...(starts sobbing) :p) and it has never been done in the entire time I've posted here. Thanks for deleting some of your posts to those who did it.

Fourthly, good avatar choice Acidus! thats my old avatar! LOL. I almost thought those were my posts for a second there.

Have fun with chosen 1 by the way, just remember not to feed him after dark :D

Only on weekends :smash:

I'll still play MB2 and check in with the community ACiDuS, to see the news on new builds, possible features, general talk, etc. So don't give me the chop yet. :chop1:

First of all, everyone be more careful of your wording especailly when it pertains to MB2. Remember, we are still Affiliates of theirs, and proud ones at that. Paro, you probably didnt know that, so just keep that in mind.

Secondly, any feature put in MB2 or OJP is not stolen by any means just to make that clear. As mentioned above, permission is always asked before the usage of features.

I already knew this, as did UDM most likely. People probably got rubbed the wrong way and as seen threw a hissy fit over nothing.

The term stole when I quoted UDM was in no way,shape, or form an insult or a degrading statement. I used the quote as a loaded word to get my point across that as much as MB2 can ask for models, OJP can too.

Watch it, Chosen. Some of your wording on our passed two posts might easily be taken the wrong way and I've warned about borderline flaming. I will not have the "horn of Rohan" being blown again on this thread after I've already given a warning. The issue under scrutiny is closed and I expect no more retallitory remarks of ANY kind no matter how subtle. Please get this thread back on track of discussing features if it still needs to be discussed.

Archived