Home

How would I?

STARWARSKOTOR2

Look Around a bit there are very good tutorials on both subjects. Here are the links:

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=131944

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=157396

The first is for creating recruitable characters and the second is for story mods. you should go to the tutorials section, they have tuts on just about everything there.

i dont know where to start.

i would like to move on to create something harder maybe a whole new story line!

No offense, but your chance of being able to do that is very low. I can assure you that creating one high-quality planet with a team of peope takes a great amount of effort and often takes months to do. But creating a whole new storyline with one person? Not possible.

Look, I'm sorry but I'm gonna speak up now.

All you ever do is make requests and ask for simple advice that is all covered in tutorials. When you get answers that you don't like you whine like a fool and then say: "But _____ is helping me", "I'm working on _____ mod at the moment". You are contradicting yourself at every possible turn.

In my holowan academy thread, when i was asking for reputable people to put thier names forward, you said: "Put me in, I feel ready to do this". Later in the topic, you told me that you were "working on a BIG mod with people". So tell me, if you are working on such a big mod, how is it that you are telling other people that you don't know the first thing about modding?

I apologize to the moderators/admins if this seems like a flame to you, but this has to be said. I have held myself back at every turn, I've even defended him in some topics, but he just BUGS me. I do not, however, apologize to SWK2, as these are my true feelings and I would appreciate if he would get his stories straight and fix his attitude around the forums.

Again, I apologize to all those that are not SWK2 that have been made to read this post, and the moderators that may well delete or edit my post considering it a flame.

And here's somebody that shares my views, as he made clear in my holowan academy topic. Although I said at the time (as mentioned in post 5 above) that it was kind of harsh, i take that back. I agree with everything Don Kain has said in my topic, and in this one.

K Gang.. we've said our pieces.. let's keep it civil from here on out. Points taken goldberry & Don Kain and while I can see your grievances.. we're here to help out on Holowan.. not snipe them...

HOWEVER, @ SWK2.. you have to understand where these guys are coming from. Thus far I've seen you make a ton of requests and ask for advice.. which by all means is perfectly fine and very much encouraged.. yet I've not seen you follow thru with the advice given, and I've seen 2-3 different "wips" on projects you've mentioned wanting to build, but that has been the extent of it.

I feel it somewhat necessary to offer some "friendly advice". Try 1 project at a time... and that perhaps you're taking on a bit much for the time being?

Some of the best advice I ever received when I started modding was "take it slow and do small mods first"... get a grasp of the mechanics of modding, then build bigger and better mods.

We're here to help.. but making a planet or a storyline mod as your first attempt, without you (the team leader) being very adept at advanced modding tecniques isn't going to garner you much help. Alot of weight is going to fall on your teammates shoulders, especially if you're not willing to read the tuts and brush up on your own skills... many of our members I suspect is seeing/interpreting this without me having to mention it. ;)

( Storyline ) && ( Planets ) != easy

By all means, please don't let this discourage you from modding, trust me we will help as best we can, but undertaking such a massive type mod you're suggesting isn't impossible.. just improbable for the time being...

Chainz, I thank you for seeing my point of view on the subject. I will say nothing more appart from quote your last paragraph in agreement.

By all means, please don't let this discourage you from modding, trust me we will help as best we can, but undertaking such a massive type mod you're suggesting isn't impossible.. just improbable for the time being...

I would not what SWK2 to stop modding, we need everyone we can get, we are a community here at holowan.

Thank you and good night.

Archived