Home

[TSL] Replace the Ebon Hawk

Ambrose

Hey,

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in making a mod in which a larger ship replaces the Ebon Hawk, such as a sith interdictor or an Endar Spire type of ship. The interiors for both ships have appeared in both KotOR and TSL, so I don't imagine that part would be too difficult (though I wouldn't know), but the tricky part would be making it not-so-boring to be in this enormous ship with just your party memberst for company.

My idea to solve this (though I have no technical experience to tell if it's possible or not) is to get NPC crewmen (maybe sith troopers in the case of the sith interdictor and republic troopers in the case of the endar spire-type ship) to roam around, similar to the commoners in any other KotOR area. They could have simple dialog like the commoners, but maybe refer to you as "captain", etc. If it's possible to go even FURTHER on this idea and people have the interests, maybe some new side quests in the ship.

Another issue would obviously be the exterior of the ship, or getting the Ebon Hawk model to be replaced by one of these larger ships in the landing areas on planets. To solve THIS, maybe you could assume the large capital ships stay in orbit, and replace the ebon hawk model with a Telos shuttle model, which could be considered the landing craft.

So... anyone interested? :)

No, the ebon hawk is actually part of the map, so i dont think the placeable can be placed inside it.

It can. Placeables are not snapped to the walkmesh - you can put them inside objects, walls, other placeables, in the sky, for all I care. Provided the Ebon Hawk is transparant, you should be able to place one inside the model (You will be able to without a transparant Hawk, but you won't be able to see it too well).

second thing is the movies then you arriving on some planet and leaving.

but they can be simply disabled i guess.. or replaced by game-engine ones?

simpliest way is threat EH as a shuttle, so nothing should be changed on the maps :)

PS: sorry is my english is uglier that i imagine >:)

maybe it could me made to be a landing ship? It is a freighter after all

i agree, after all we have landing movies, not space travelling :)

EH might be yet too damaged at Peragus, so we'll escape station with Harbinger. (And keeping EH onboard as a landing ship). :)

Replacing EbonHawk in map is not too hard but will be problems with walkmesh and lightmap which are set for bigger ship and not for a shuttle. Another small problem could be with the new ship. That should be integrate in game and that means huge scripts edit (triggers, waypoints, cameras, encounters). So I support short Darth InSidious short answer. :)

If we choose to ignore the fact that the movies won't look right, that the landing pads will have to be severely edited, and that scripts will have to be changed here there and everywhere, there is still the fact that all of the Ebon Hawk cutscenes will have to be remade one after the other from scratch AND all of this new content on the ship that you have proposed will have to be added to.

If you are taking this project seriously, I suggest you assemble a team, cause you are NOT gonna be able to do this alone.

This is still Ambrose’s mod so he would choose what he likes, all we can do is give ideas and tell what can and can’t be done.

Well, have it where after leaving Peragus, the Ebon Hawk was damaged and its hyperdrive became unreliable. (Meaning it can still be used for space travel) The hyperdrive still works, but it could blowout at times so they don’t risk using it to much. That saves the trouble of changing the landing platforms and the movies.

I can’t mod, but I am great at coming up with ideas, so I will list some ideas, and Ambrose can pick which he likes and which he doesn’t.

(He wanted to make it so it wasn’t boring on a big ship so I came up with some ideas.) (Also since you teammates will have to hang out somewhere I will list ideas where)

1) Training Rooms (Handmaiden and Mandalore could hang out here)

-You can fight some lightsaber training droids (Remotes like in A New Hope, or lightsaber wielding droids like Vader and Maul used in the expanded universe)

-Hand-to-hand combat room (Fight a couple members of the ship’s crew in hand-to-hand combat similar to fighting the Echani sisters on Telos)

-Blaster combat room (Fire at targets from certain distance, moving remotes, droids, etc.)

- (Maybe an arena?)

2) Pazack room (I think that is spelled wrong…) (If Atton isn’t the pilot he can hang out here)

-Play a bunch of crew members (not team members) with a wide range of skill and stakes.

3) Meditation chamber (Maybe Kreia since she is always in the meditation pose)

-Maybe learn force powers, force forms, or raise your force points (not force points as in level up as in the amount you can use before the blue bar gets empty) (very little and with a limit, not infinite force)

4) Library (Disciple of course, maybe Viass Marr can meditate here?)

-Kind of like for learning history and stories of old Jedi.

-Read datapads (like Exar Kun)

-Maybe increase wisdom or intelligence once or twice (again a limit is needed to how many times it boost your stats)

5) A shopping plaza maybe? (Maybe Mira? I can’t think of a better place)

-Has different merchants that sell different things (robes, armour, blasters, ect.)

6) Medical Bay

-mostly for looks but includes some nice stuff

-Kolto tanks (not very useful considering you heal automatically when entering the ship, but it is mostly for looks)

-Chemical station

-Maybe a implant and medpac dispenser?

7) Construction room (Bao-dur and T3-M4 could hang out here)

-Workbench

-Maybe a droid equipment and upgrade station?

8) War room/Briefing room (G0-T0 maybe, of course HK-47)

-Runs auto turret (ground) simulation

-Runs turret mini-game (space) simulation

-Weapons locker (mostly for storing stuff like the Ebon Hawk’s storage containers)

9) Crew Quarters

-Mostly looks, but have a few crew members off duty walking around

10) Security room

-(I don’t know how hard this would be so I doubt this can be done)

-works like the security room on the Ebon Hawk, for looking around the ship using camareas

-Maybe some more crew walking around?

11) Hanger

-the exit pretty much to go to the actual planet

12) Rec room (maybe)

-for looks kind of, but I thought of where you fought the Echani sisters for practice and thought it could be cool

-Raises stats (strength, dex, etc.)

-off duty crew walks around here?

I have some more ideas, but I listed too much already, so let’s see what Ambrose thinks then if he wants more he can pm me.

Just as a FYI RedJohnnyMike was working on a capitol ship project using the Ravager as a Ebon Hawk replacement. This very mod would be exactley what you are looking for. In fact RJM released his capital ship mod in a Alpha State I think at PCGM I'll look around for it.

I didn't mean stick different ones together, I was listing some ideas. Whichever he chooses will have ideas for each one. Also, I didn't mean for anyone to copy the exact module I was giving an example. I meant types of rooms not the exact modules. Obviously you couldn't use the hidden academy module for a ship, I was talking about haveing a room where you can fight crew members in hand-to-hand combat and pointing out how it would be done by giving an example of how it happened before. The same with some of the other ideas (since I started to name what I meant and got lazy), they aren't meant to be all put together, they are meant to give ideas to what you can put into some of the rooms.

Sorry, been off the forums a few days...

I appreciate the input, all. I have very little knowledge of modding KotOR... none really, I just use the KSE and stick stuff in my Override folder ;)

In any case, if you could get me a link to said mod, Darkkender, I'd be much obliged. :)

And omegablaster, i was thinking much the same things. I think it would be awesome, myself, but if it's as impossible as all the technical people here are making it sound, I'm certainly not one to say otherwise.

Thanks again all.

Well, I think most of it was a misunderstanding. It is hard, especially to add the things to make the rooms look like the type of room it is suppose to be. I don't know much about adding things in a room. It is impossible to change the Ebon Hawk (and make it look good) and to mix modules, but it would be possible to do some of the things you have planned.

Well, one thing seems to be certain. If you used (or could use) all/most of omegablaster's ideas, there almost be no reason to leave the ship. Having said that, though, maybe if instead of just being attacked by fighters, you had to fight off boarding parties as well.......

Theree would be reason to leave the ship. You still have to find the Jedi. Also, the stat raising ideas only help a limited amount. Also for quest and the entire part of the game. All that does is let you fight some people, place some pazak, read some history, and buy some stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

i know everyone would hate this but if it is a republic ship how about carth on the bridge, and i'll PM RedHawke

Edit: sorry for double post i just PM RedHawke haven't got a response, also if you need a storyline/charcter/plot guy i'm your man, i am a bad modder but i can come up with great stuff Pm if you Want me to Help

Archived