Home

The Music Thread

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'd fully support them but the industry is full of crap. I'd only buy music if it was dirt f***in' cheap. Like if a CD were like 2 bucks. Though the only places you can find that cheap of music are those used stores. Rarely you can find new or fairly new stuff that cheap. The last time I bought a CD was at the beginning of this year. It was a John Denver Christmas CD I got new at Target for $2.50.

I'd get into the whole thing as to why the industry is full of crap but I just don't have the time to write a multi page essay on it. I'll save that for college work or actual work I'd get paid for.

Yeah the problem is that the music industry needs to start to adapt to the fact that you can download music for free.

I'd solve the "problem" with more Net Music stores, more Net Music advertising in outdoor places like big posters on buildings, buses etc. and make the songs cheaper of course. ;)

The way the music industry has evolved from LP's to CD's to mp3's is perfectly natural IMO.

None cares about CDs, we have a real crisis over here with Zelda!!!!

Ha. you dumbass! check out the name of the thread.

@ Chase: You never mentioned supporting the actuall band. But yeah, I agree though, the music industry is such a load of ****. They've been ripping us off for years. And it's not like they're gonna stop. Just so you know, I buy a cd, and listen to ALL of the songs. Seriously, I buy an album 'cause I like the band or artist that makes it. gtg.

• 3 months later...

Beck, Bjork, The Places, the decemberists, The White Stripes, Lamb, Blur, Matmos, Aphex Twin, The Chemical Brothers, Air, Bonnie Pink, The Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Deerhoof, LFO (not the dorks who sang that "Summer Girls" song back in the 90s), Kind of Like Spitting, The Arcade Fire, Sigur Ros, Franz Ferdinand, Alanis Morissette, Handsome Boy Modeling School, Akira Yamaoka, The Cure, Broadcast, The Sugarcubes, The Fiery Furnaces, DJ Shadow, Fiona Apple, Hole, Joanna Newsom, Kim Norlen, Amy Annelle, The Pillows, Pink Floyd, Styx, Solid State Revival, Siouxie and the Banshees, Prodigy, and The Verve.

WHEW!

Not where I live. Mundane, yes, but overall fine with me. (shrug) I can't wait to go out to see the world!

I've never heard anything like "No way! I love Ohio!" everybody I know wants to leave. Also

Franz Ferdinand

xD Those guys are the bomb dizzle.

AHEM...me likes the following...Metallica,Interpol,Rob Zombie,AC-DC,Guns'n'Roses,

Dragon Force,Pagen's Mind,Iron Maiden,Disterbed,System of A Down (old songs only)

Pink Floyd,Rammstein,Korn,Franz Ferdinand,Dimmu Borgir,Ramones,White Zombie,

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs,Pantera,Moterhead,Weezer,Brujeria,Children of Bodem,Nirvana,

Static X,Gorillaz,Led Zepplin,Jimmy Eat World,Alkaline Trio,Johnny Cash....I think there is maybe 4 I forgot....Lets see now I also Like Techno,Electronica,some spanish bands...Umm maybey just maybe somewhere out there in the world there is a least one or three hip-hop or rap songs that I like.....maybe.

AHEM...me likes the following...Metallica,Interpol,Rob Zombie,AC-DC,Guns'n'Roses,

Dragon Force,Pagen's Mind,Iron Maiden,Disterbed,System of A Down (old songs only)

The Yeah Yeah Yeahs,Pantera,Moterhead,Weezer,Brujeria,Children of Bodem,Nirvana,

Static X,Gorillaz,Led Zepplin,Jimmy Eat World,Alkaline Trio,Johnny Cash....I think there is maybe 4 I forgot....Lets see now I also Like Techno,Electronica,some spanish bands...Umm maybey just maybe somewhere out there in the world there is a least one or three hip-hop or rap songs that I like.....maybe.

I like you.

I like you.

<Eyes get dreamy> I like her, too. :)

Archived