Home

Mon Calamari Frigate

Crezzer Fett

Actually, my post was directly specifically to Admiral Sith. He was concerned that the Arc Hammer looked too small to be a factory and I was explaining the reasons why it could support a factory.

By the way the screenshot you posted is misleading. Those Star Destroyers look far off in the background and therefore makes the Arc Hammer's size difficult to specify.

I do agree however that the Arc Hammer does look scaled down a bit.

I think you and I are on the same page, really. I don't really care if they made it too small, I just find it strange since they've been fairly careful with other bits of the EU so far.

I really don't think it needs to be HUGE, just a tad longer than an ISD. The idea of heaps of ships comparable with the Executor is fairly silly IMO. However, in that screen (pretty damn flimsy evidence I know) it does shape up well compared with the Executor, and from what we've seen it looks pretty puny.

Anyway, this isn't really argument-worthy IMO, especially in the Mon Calamari Frigate thread! So...erm, how about that cluster special ability? :D

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Changing the size of the Arc Hammer should be pretty easy. I'm sure some modders will come out with a "realistic scale" mod soon after the expansion's release anyway.

So yeah...the cluster ability...is there a screenshot of it coming anytime soon?(I'm sure we will see it during the demo though)

So yeah...the cluster ability...is there a screenshot of it coming anytime soon?(I'm sure we will see it during the demo though)

Maybe a dev could shed some light on this? I really have no idea what to make of this ability, maybe like a instant 'barrage' type thing, where it hits hard at a small area on bigger ships?

As to the demo, I never played the EaW demo (:Open2: the shame!), how full-featured was that? Can we expect to use some of the new units that aren't part of the Consortium?

In the EAW demo you could only be the Rebels, and play a space battle consisting of tech level 2 ships etc, and a small ground battle. I can see the demo for FOC being similar, it will prob only let you go the Consortium. But you may be able to see a few new rebel/imperial units controlled by the A.I.

you know one thing i find odd about mon cal ships is the fact that they are basically converted passenger ships, how can they stand up against a war ship?, you see examples of converted civilian ships during ww1 and ww2 yet they are no way able to stand up against a war ship of that period.

stirkes me that the rebellion should be hit and run, not able to go up head on with the empire, yet mon cal vessels seem to be equals of there imperial counterparts, just seems odd to me.

Not quite. If you look at the roleplaying statistics for both Mon Cal cruisers and Star Destroyers you'd see that while the Mon Cal cruisers were more manoeuvreable and had more shields, the Star Destroyer beat it hands-down in the areas of hull armour and weapons.

Now, while this is perfectly OK in the movies and such, it would suck to play the Rebels in a computer game if the biggest and best of your ships could be squashed like bugs by the Empire. So therefore the Mon Cal cruisers (and the other Rebel ships) were beefed up to make battles more interesting. In any conflict between gameplay and realism you have to let gameplay win, otherwise it won't be much fun.

Though i hold high hopes for EaW2 if petro decide to do one.

I can't say for sure but I think this is the last update to EAW. I don't think they will release a sequel because they have already covered all of the Galactic Civil War timeline (excluding the Thrawn conflict). If they do release a sequel it certainly won't have anything to do with the Yuuzhan Vaughn War because only the most hardcore of fans even know what the Yuuzhan Vaughn are. If there was a sequel it would probably cover the Clone Wars simply because so many fans are whining about it.

This is the second time things have drifted off-topic.

think of all the command and conquers, majority are the same just upgraded graphics and new abilities, EaW2 could be the same, or they may even try and do something slightly larger in scale with more depth diplomacy etc...

well even if EaW2 never happens i don't think we have seen the last of ground/space combat rts/strategy games

well im reading the eu books, at the moment im readin dark saber which is 8 and a half years after ep 6, and they are still trying to rebuild the new republic, the mon calamarians are still making war ships for them, and the new republic (the rebels took over couruscant etc) are trying to hold off the remanents of the empire ad well as other people/organisations

Archived