Home

What era do yall want the Star Wars TV series to be base in.

Windu Chi

What era should the TV series be focus in.  

37 members have voted

1. 1. What era should the TV series be focus in.

• Knights of the Old Republic
    • Jedi Knight Academy: New Republic
    • New Jedi Order: EU books and comics or Yuuzhan Vong war etc.
    • between Ep III - Ep IV

Like coupes. said, the KotOR era is covered in the KotOR games and comics, NJO is covered by a plethora of novels and comics, and Jedi Academy is covered by, guess what? The Jedi Academy game. A TV series for those eras would be totally redundant, the 20 years between each half of the saga is barely covered at all, it makes perfect sense to set the series then.
George Lucas was quoted when asked by a fan at his AFI lifetime achievement ceremony if this may include the Knights of the Old Republic/Sith wars era, Lucas explained ''That is always a possibility, and that he may be interested in taking the franchise to those story areas one day''.

He also explained that he has considered setting the time frames of other possible shows during time periods far away from his films, if if this series (along with the planned 3-D Clone Wars) is successful, more television series may follow.

Star Wars isn't going to last forever, probably not even your lifetime. It depends on how well the TV series do, but the main "Star Wars" is the movies, and they're over.

I am glad the movies are over I was getting impatient for a two year release interval for every prequel movie.

It is about time for a tv series.

If a Star Wars fan is someone who thinks and hopes they'll make a TV series about every era that is covered perfectly well in games and comics, then no i'm not "really a Star Wars fan."

My point exactly!

It makes absolutely no finantial sense to spend millions of dollars on a TV series set in an obscure Star Wars era that only the most hardcore of Star Wars fan will watch. They are making this series for everyone, not just lunatic fanboy Star Wars fans like you.

First of all ! Why the hell will George Lucas waste his time trying to satisfy non Star Wars fans?

They aren't going to be satisfied no matter if the tv series come out or what it will be about, because they aren't fans. Duh!

That is what won't make any finantial sense at all.

He don't need to satisfy non fans, there are plenty of Star Wars fans in the world.

So, I am sorry but you probably

don't you know what the hell you talking about.

Also why did you call me a lunatic? Did I called you a name?

No!

First of all ! Why the hell will George Lucas waste his time trying to satisfy non Star Wars fans?

They aren't going to be satisfied no matter if the tv series come out or what it will be about, because they aren't fans. Duh!

That is what won't make any finantial sense at all.

He don't need to satisfy non fans, there are plenty of Star Wars fans in the world.

So, I am sorry but you probably

don't you know what the hell you talking about.

What i think Machine means is why would they would make a series solely for fans? that doesnt make sense as much as you like to believe the tv series will be made to cater for the mass audience who just like watching good tv and are aquainted with the movies not the rabid fans it will be made so its easy for the casual viewer to just sit and watch and not have to go "hey wait whats going on wheres darth vader! and the stormtroopers?! this isnt starwars" it'll be these viewers who dont want to learn the entire backstory to the GFFA that they'll try to please.

Archived