Home

MLB 2006 World Series Playoffs

, but I was a Magnum P.I. fan and his team was the Detroit Tigers.

I thought I was showing my age talking about Shaun Cassidy and the Bionic Woman. Loved Magnum, too. :D

Well, Cards have taken two so far.

Be glad Trachsel got out early. When he was with the Cubs, he took so much time between pitches you could watch paint dry and raise a snail farm.

Now it's time for Carpenter to shut down the Mutts in New York.

Carpenter did his job. Too bad the Cardinals forgot to pack the bats for the trip to New York. Let’s see how the do against a 3 win, 13 loss pitcher with a 6.55 ERA in game 7. I don’t think a one run first inning lead will hold up.

What an incredible season this has shaped up to be.

I'll bet it's just nuts at your house. I'm not usually a Cards fan, but I love watching good baseball and they're playing good baseball. This is going to be one helluva series.

Cards refuse to lose!

That, my friend is what you call intestinal fortitude.

Now it's time to pack up the rosin and pine tar, oil up the glove, sharpen up the cleats and head on up to Detroit City for a ballgame.

October is when the stars shine baby! Congrats JF66, I know you enjoyed your boy's run. Let's see if they can finish these guys off and take home the crown.

I hate how game 1 is at like 4:30. My football game is right across the street at ford field (:D) at 4 so I'm gonna miss the whole thing.

Now I'm sure the sportscasters will have their debate about what's better, rest or no rest. On one hand the Tigers have had a chance to rest up all their injuries and stuff, but on the other hand the Cards will be still pumped up about winning just yesterday. I hope the Tigers' dominance is still there from the previous 2 series.

Obviously I'm going to analyze everything favorably for the Tigers :p but the way I look at it, the Tigers have far superior pitching but the Cards' hitting is probably better. But I don't fear their hitting because the Tigers pitching shut down the best hitting team in the league in the Yankees. As long as we can get some runs I think they'll be fine.

I hate how game 1 is at like 4:30. My football game is right across the street at ford field (:D) at 4 so I'm gonna miss the whole thing.

At least, it's only game one and not game five, six or seven. :)

I only got to watch part of game 7, and unforunately that part was when Molina hit the 2-run homer. And then Beltran failed to do anything with the bases loaded.

If this was last year, I would've been fine with the result. But, since Larry Walker is gone, I was rooting for the Mets. And now that we know it's going to be the Tigers versus the Cards, I'm rooting for the Tigers. Even though, I'm not a big fan of them, I like their chances of the Cards. Basing it on the statistics.

The fact that a team that has over five days rest going to World Series is reletively high. And so far, the Tigers have had no trouble.

So I got the Tigers winning in...6. I hope my picks don't backfire. :xp:

What an incredible season this has shaped up to be.

I'll bet it's just nuts at your house. I'm not usually a Cards fan, but I love watching good baseball and they're playing good baseball. This is going to be one helluva series.

Cards refuse to lose!

That, my friend is what you call intestinal fortitude.

Now it's time to pack up the rosin and pine tar, oil up the glove, sharpen up the cleats and head on up to Detroit City for a ballgame.

October is when the stars shine baby! Congrats JF66, I know you enjoyed your boy's run. Let's see if they can finish these guys off and take home the crown.

It's shaping up that we could have a trifecta of all my favorite teams: The Cardinals, the Buckeyes, and Da Bears. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

If you're a Cubs fan, these last three World Series have been a nightmare. Reasons being:

1. Misery loves company.

2. The Boston Red Sox ended their 86 year World Series drought in 2004.

3. The Cubs cross town rival, Chicago White Sox ended their 88 year World Series drought in 2005.

4. Then to top it all off, the Cubs biggest National League rival, St. Louis Cardinals win their first World Series in 24 years in 2006.

Don't forget the fan that caught the foul ball in 2003 that helped prevent them from going to the Series. Now, the Cubs come into 2007 with 99 years without a World Series Title. And the next closest drought is the Cleveland Indians who haven't won the World Series since 1948, and the next closest after that are the San Francisco Giants without a World Series since 1954 (When they were still the New York Giants). Maybe Lou Pinella will finally turn that club around.

Pretty much all the teams I've rooted for in major finals, like the World Series and the Stanley Cup, have lost. :(

I'm going to Vegas in a couple of weeks and I'll need you to pick some games for me (so I can take the other team). :)

The Cardinals just got hot in the playoffs after a terrible last month of the season that almost cost them even getting into the playoffs. The Tigers have nothing to be ashamed of, they had a great year and with their good, young talent, they could get a return trip to the World Series very soon.

On a sadder note: Joe Niekro, the Houston Astros’ all time career victory leader, passed away Friday. He pitched the Astros into the playoffs for the first time in franchise history by winning a one game playoff game against the Dodgers in 1980.

Archived