Home

Abuse by SOE Devs

starbuck1771

As many know the playerbase has literaly been ignored by the DEV's from SOE & LEC/LA. This has now escalated even more now do to this topic made by ChrisCao of the SOE dev team:

Roughly 80% of the people who play SWG never read these boards. We know this from our own internal metrics and it poses an interesting question. Are we talking to people who play the game or posters who play the boards?

I don't mean to imply that the people who post here don't play the game. Far from it. There are thousands of well-constructed, thoughtful, and insightful posts from people who obviously know the game very well. Just read a few lines of these gems and you'll realize that, first and foremost, these people care about the game. Their focus is the game. I think the lion's share of the profession feedback in the last couple publishes is a fantastic example of these players who post.

But, at the same time, these boards are constantly cluttered by the reverse. Posters who play. They use these forums to lash out at others, criticize wantonly, and generally feed their own egos. They regularly attack devs and moderators, clinging to past wrongs and imagined slights. They focus on themselves instead of the game. To them, the boards are the real game.

As devs, we aren’t here to play the board game. We’re here to play, and to make, SWG.

The upcoming chapters will see the remainder of the profession expertise systems implemented. We have a lot of work to do and the feedback from players who post is going to be invaluable. You aren’t going to like every decision we make and we understand that. We have a limited resources and time to accomplish all that needs to be done. But, as I’ve said before, we will be here (on the boards) and we will be listening. If you’re up for a focused discussion of ideas, we welcome you and you can bet you’ll have our attention.

If, however, you feel the need to throw another stone, indulge a rant, whine, pick apart another poster, argue a dead point, rules lawyer, quote ancient history, or engage in any of the other classic board game moves, don’t expect us to pay attention. We have better things to do.

We have some SWG to make.

http://soe.lithium.com/swg/board/message?board.id=swggpdiscussion&message.id=1169324#M1169324

So basicly in otherwords SOE/LA doesn't care what the players want and basicly just want to shaft us out of our money. If LA cared they would handle this and have yet to listen to us. They just sit and watch everything that is happening letting SWG be destroyed. Proof NGE was forced on us even after all the players said no and now there is a lack of content and the fact it is a childs game now. LucasArts needs to gain some control over this it is getting out of hand when the Devs insult all the players intentionaly. Julio knows what an angry fan looks like ask him then just imagine a roon full because of devs being unprofessional. We are just being hung out to dry. :hang1: So please do something now. :swear:

SOE devs really listen to their playerbase, I have NEVER seen any other game where the devs communicates as much with the players as this one. I know they didn't do before, yes, but now they do and it's time TO MOVE ON!

SOE will NOT give us back pre-nge, you might aswell forget it. Look ahead, and HELP the devs make SWG good again instead of ruining the forums. A developer WANTS to make a good game, a president of a company WANTS to make money. Seriously, give the devs a break...

Up to this day I still cannnot believe what was done to the players of SWG. I bought SWG for 49.99 + tax and started to play SWG in January 2004 and to be honest I was amazed on how diverse and Entertaining the game was. It blew my mind that you had players dancing, Making Armor, PVping, Making Buildings, and even people who where Chefs. When the CU "Combat Upgrade" was put in I was shocked, I just coundlnt believe that a Development team would basically slap all of its loyal paying customers. I can understand patches coming out doing minor things but the CU completely changed the game. Alot of the people i had met left the game when the CU was implemented and I dont blame them, but I decided to stay and maybe hope that SOE/ LA would someday listen to its loyal customers and players and give us what we all wanted. I stuck around during the CU and continued to try and make the best of it, then months later the NGE was implemented. This really made me feel like an idiot because I had bought SWg for 49.99 and given SOE/ La so much money, and instead of learning from there mistake, they implemented another huge patch to the game, it turns out that this one completely ruined the game. Jedi was given to everyone, over 20 Professions where instantly deleted and the entire player base that was playing at that time was basically slapped and spit. I didnt quite SWG, I was basically forced to leave because the game that i had purchased was no longer available to play. I have decided not to buy or play anything related to SOE and LA and i advise everyone else to do the same. I still do not understand why SOE/La had to punish all of its loyal customers/players. I do beleive in forgiveness though, If SOE/La released SWG PreCu and Cu I would know that they are sorry and I would give them 1 more chance. I was never interested in WoW, but when the NGE came out I had to go to the next best game. WoW isnt as fun as SWG but at least Blizzard knows how to treat there customers/players. I will always remember the greatest game ever made and the good times I had, and the people who treated its loyal customers and players like trash.

David

Eclipse

SOE devs really listen to their playerbase, I have NEVER seen any other game where the devs communicates as much with the players as this one. I know they didn't do before, yes, but now they do and it's time TO MOVE ON!

SOE will NOT give us back pre-nge, you might aswell forget it. Look ahead, and HELP the devs make SWG good again instead of ruining the forums. A developer WANTS to make a good game, a president of a company WANTS to make money. Seriously, give the devs a break...

Actualy I have never pesonaly asked for the return of pre-nge as I know it will never happen. I only support the return of a few skills and 3 professions from the old days of the game and the fixing of trader and the economy. You will never see me say I want pre-nge because I know it wont happen after SOE/LA commited fraud against the comunity as that would be admitting they were wrong. However you get guys like Chris who claim they listen to constructive information however never actualy takes the time to understand what is being said. He starts a post like that and insult the community by basicly saying anyone who doesnt agree with him is a poster who plays or a troll. That alone makes him highly unprofessional. You never bite the hand that feeds you.

This now goes beyond Chris it is my belief Helios as well as Thunderheart have been hurting the community and bold face lying about everything. SOE is a horrible company with a bad track record. I have contacted the BBB about Chris's comment as well as TH and Helios "Professionalism". To no suprise SOE has a huge history on the BBB in a negative manner.

i like how they're fixing alot of stuff, making it better than it was when i first joined in feb 2k5. when i joined, i was kinda surprised how much there was to do in the game. then i tried pvp, which was confusing as hell and get instant death and decay without the best composite armor. then cu came along like a month or 2 later, and it was much easier to get into the game, i had alot of fun as a bounty hunter, even though i never was able to take out a jedi. then i had to leave for about 6 months, when i came back, ALOT of the people i knew had left the game for WoW. No player bounties kinda left me saddened for a bit, but after i holocausted the janta and graulers to level from combat level 80 to combat level 90, the player bounty system got put in, armor restrictions that were put in the game before i came back (was depressed i couldnt wear my green tantel suit) were lifted, and i learned more on how to play, which weapons did what, what armor did what, etc. Decay was gone, that i was happy with. my main gripe about decay was that it affected items you weren't wearing or wielding at the time, and the 0% conditioning on armor/weapons plus the costs of them wasn't worth pvping in. so i was glad they took that decay system out. now if they put it back in, it better be for the crafted armor only, and crafted armor only better be better than the looted/rewarded armor, if it's decayable and can reach 0%...maybe they should give crafters ability to install non-destructable type core, where it cannot reach 0% conditioning, and is 100% fully restorable. (this way mandalorian armor for instance, which takes millions of credits to make doesnt have to be put up on a dust collecting shelf)..

also another thing i would like to see is a TEF system back in place, but a CHOICE duty..

like this:

1: on leave

2: combatant (pve only)

3: covert special forces (gives slightly more gcw since you're risking a TEF, cannot be ganked when porting if you don't have TEF, when you attack faction npc, you get flagged for 5 minutes as special forces, get slightly less gcw if you kill player special forces than if you were purely special forces)

4. Special Forces (works like it does now)

This way everybody can have what they want when it comes to duties. Right now, i am nearly always Special Forces, but don't like shuttling only to be ganked before i even see what's going on. -_- would like to have that TEF back, as i didnt get to experience the thrill of it.

Lately I think the devs have gotten their act together atleast somewhat, it's much better then pre-cu or even cu where they just didn't care or even look at the forums. Now pre-cu was fun but had some faults, cu was fun but had some faults as well, and NGE is ok and has some faults. I think this game would of been better if they took pre-cu and merged the positive aspects of the CU into it. No way it's coming back though, so either go play the emu or shut up and quit trolling SOE's forums, yes, THEIR forums. That's my response to any moron forums troll that was insulted by that thread. To me it didn't seem like they said anyone disagreeing was a moron, but the people that always disagree are morons, sounds reasonable to me, because there's many many forum trolls on the official forums that do nothing but post in every topic just to post and stir up ****.

Archived