Home

Star Wars: JEDI PURGE - Planning Thread

Araphas

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Erm...sorry. The first two arcs include five characters each, all of which have been accepted, already.

If you're patient enough, the third arc will introduce non-jedi characters, but thats probably a while off.

I feel terribly embarrassed about this...

Arc I - Jorran Corral

Arc II - Oola

Also the pictures are sweet. Also Master_Archon, I don't mind someone starting an RP, while I'm offline, but it is hard to catch up. Also Araphas, I was thinking of doing something similar to this for KOTOR. Would that be alright? I'd credit you of course. Or I could do something that Dark_Lady did for Master_Archon. Write the Fic version for you if you want. Of course we should wait, until the RP progresses first. Also if there is an Arc III, what will it be called?

Wow, questions a-go-go!

Um...yeah, sure, I'd be quite flattered if you use some of my ideas. By all means, do a KotOR verson! (Though I'm intrigued as to what you mean by that...perhaps the purge set between the first and second games? Awesome. If you do, then I'm definately in.)

If you want to do a fanfiction, then your perfectly entitled to it.

As for the title of the third arc...well I don't know yet. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it. I only wanted to set up the framework, and let everyone else carry the idea to wherever it will go. I'd like to see an Ebon Hawk style roleplay where the survivors wander the Galaxy in search of other Purge survivors, in a trusty ol' space freighter. But anything is possible. ;)

'Kay, I have a question. When the doomed characters die, do the die in the first and second arcs or in the third arc? Because if they died in the first and second arcs, then you could tell from who died in the first arc who would die in the second and it would take away any suspense. If they die in the third arc it would be much harder to tell who was going to die, plus we could get to care about the characters even more.

Hm...you know, I hadn't considered that. Actually, I was planning on the players to decide which of their characters would die from the beginning, and inform everyone else about it. (You can probably guess that of my two characters, which will survive)

I think it's up you you guys, then. One of the two must die, but as for when they die, s'up to you.

Good. That makes it all the more poignant when one of them does.

Angst is a wonderful plot-device. And a good motivator for those affected.

And lets face it, nobody can call themselves a real Star Wars fan if they didn't feel the slightest twinge of sympathy at the very least, when all the Jedi died in Revenge of the Sith. Unless they are both a Star Wars fan, and heartless.

Really? I almost cried. Especially when Aayla Secura was shot in the back and riddled with blaster bolts. That really got to me.

On the other hand, I cracked up laughing near the end when Vader breaks his constraints and lumbers across the floor, then screams, "Nooooooooooooo!". That ruined the whole ending scene for me, which was otherwise absolutely perfect. Probably the moody music.

Yeah, me too. I was laughing hysterically. Of course, Vader had to react somehow. I don't know what else they could have made him do. If he just ignored the fact that his wife died, that would have taken away all the emotional appeal, and if he staggered and started going "No... it can't be... no," that would just have ruined Vader's entire image. So they were basically stuck with that.

Wrong. Here's how it should have gone:

Vader wrenches from his constraints, grunting, unused to the weight of his new limbs. He stumbles to the centre of the room, then buckles in his suit, falling to his knees, as a strangled scream emerges from his iron lungs, horribly distorted by his facemask. The scream dies into a wretched moan as his fists pound into the ground and his head droops in hopeless anguish.

Thats how it should've gone, in my opinion.

I meant that I wanted it to be sprung completely at random on us, catching the characters completely off guard, just as in the movie. Some of the players have barely posted just yet. I'm giving them time to settle in to their situation before I rip the floor out from under them, so to speak.

If you wait too long, everybody's just going to start posting how nervous they are. That's really going to ruin any suspense. So far I think every character has said something to the effect of "I have a bad feeling about this..." except Sib. I think we've got a decent idea of everyone's character so far. Now there's really no way to further develop said characters unless we put them in a different situation.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, well, Araphas hasn't been on since the 18th of October, at least from what I see, you guys may see different days or times due to location. But it's still all in the same, he's not been on in awhile, and probably won't be on for a very long while...basically he up and quit, so to speak.

Though I could be wrong, he could just have some strange circumstance keeping him off for so long.

Archived