Home

Star Wars: JEDI PURGE - Act One

Araphas

Sib kept drawing, then he turned to the lady, obviously named Tul, and tilting her head he said, "hold still," continuing to draw. Then he finished and stared over at Tul to answer her question, "I have no friends, except for Renda, and even she has more friends than me. No elder, besides the Masters respect me, and the 'older'...um...my peers," at this he looked around with a contemptuous look at the jedi who were in the visinity, then continued, "show no interest in a person of my minor skill and age, and show me little respect, not considering me to be a 'fellow'....basically, I'm just seen as a child, a youngling, which I am, yet I'm noticed even less than the other younglings by everyone else," he said becoming sadder and more depressed.

"Don't think so negative like that Youngling, emotions lead to the Dark Side." He lectured the Youngling.

At this Sib just looked at the floor, even MORE depressed, because he was being lectured, just as he thought he'd be, and he was already just reminded how much his life sucked. "I'm one of the most talented initiates, yet I'm seen as a pest..." he mumbled to himself. Then he inhaled through his nose deeply, and his pupils shrank visibly, and he started scanning the floor, he reached out and took a sample of something liquid off the floor with his index finger. Bringing it up to his nose he inhaled deeply, then let out a satisfied sigh. "Ah! Blood," he sighed, then smeering it on the floor, he glanced at Tul and said, "I think it's yours." At this he got into an even worse state of depression, his eyes expanding back to normal, he muttered, "another reason I'm not respected, or dont have any friends." At this he put his head in hands and slipped into a state of major depression, waiting to be lectured by the surrounding jedi, most likely the one who just lectured him, or Tul.

Sib also heard what Araphas had to say, but this didn't brighten his perspective on the immediate, or distant future. He only wished to be noticed now, even if it WERE the 'older folk'.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
"Indeed, although, who knows, maybe the Force will deal with them itself," He said, waiting for Jorran to make the next move, then turning to the youngling.

"Don't think so negative like that Youngling, emotions lead to the Dark Side." He lectured the Youngling.

"For once Alex, I agree with you," Jorran told Alex, "And Alex is right youngling. The dark side is nothing to fear of. Remember the Jedi Code and you'll be fine," He paused to talk to Alex, "Fancy another spar?"

"Wait a sec Jorran," Alex said. He walked up to the youngling Sib, "Don't think too great of you, arrogance is another trait of the Dark Side. And you might be one of the best damn Jedi ever, if you follow the Code, and serve the galaxy with justice."

Ah! Blood," he sighed, then smeering it on the floor, he glanced at Tul and said, "I think it's yours."

"Huh, i'm guessing it's just a little scratch or so, but perhaps you should go clean yourself before continuing, he Tul?"

((I was just curious, I don't mind))

Tul turned her head and examined her right forearm. A small cut oozed blood slowly, beginning to scab over again. She winced and pressed on it with two fingers, pushing the edges back together.

"Blast," she said. "It opened again. Someone left a very important part out of the Jedi Code - 'There is no juggling of vibroknives...'"

"There is the constant cutting," Alex joked, "I would go to the refresher and clean myself."

He then turned to Jorran, "Now we can," He said, jumping to his front and up, landing behind Jorran.

"Right, okay then," Jorran told Alex, getting his Lightsaber out once again.

Sib, scanned through his drawings from that night, four in all. One of the lady, or now known to him as Tul; one of a previous duel; one of Araphas and Tul's duel; last was the drawing from the sitting position he was in. He lowered it with a light smile, but a sigh of sadness. Then Tul came back, sitting next to him, which made him a little uncomfortable. But to his shock she didn't lecture him, instead she asked if he was bored.

He kept staring forward, trying to dispell his depression, then without looking at her he said, "yes, I'm bored." At this he put his datapad away, and waited for what Tul had to say, sitting up straight, andstaring forward almost military like, practicing the rules of manners and respect that were so enforced by his initiate teachers.

Araphas, disenchanted by the joviality of those around him, receeded into the background, observing the others as they bantered. Tul and Sib, Jorran and Alex and Jack. Their voices were lighter all of a sudden, less strained. They seemed to move more easily, as though a burden had been lifted from their shoulders.They were relieved now that the Clone Wars were drawing to a close. He did not share in their cheerfulness.

Sometimes he felt so different, so alien when he was around other Jedi.

A Sith, a Jedi...both, neither. In the end, Araphas was simply apart. A sheep disguised as a wolf disguised as a sheep.

He watched the youngling shuffle through his sketches. He watched the others resume their camaraderie. Their robes buffeted as they leapt into friendly combat. He looked down at his own robes. Darker then the others, dreary browns and sables. He remembered a time when he wore brighter, more vibrant colours - milky greys and tans. That was long before he learnt about his true nature. Did the others suspect? Did they know anything about his genealogy? No. They barely knew of the Sith, much less the True Sith. Thank the Force for small mercies.

It was true, the Dark Side was something to be feared...it was easy to denounce it as something to avoid. But none of these Jedi had ever really encountered it for themselves. It has become so much a part of their tradition that many Jedi forget what the Dark Side truly is. Fear, hatred, aggression, lust, envy, pride, greed...these are just pathways to the Dark Side, openings for the darkness to seep through. The Dark Side itself was something deeper, more primal. It had a life of its own. It begged to be used, it demanded attention. It can be so easy, to turn to it in a moment of weakness, if only for an instant. Only it gets easier every time, until you come to rely on it. And then it's already too late to turn back. You are a servant, a slave...a puppet.

For Araphas, the darkness had been there for all his life, lurking insidiously beneath his skin. It was as much a part of him as the Force. Or rather, he was a part of it.

Araphas stared blankly at the deactivated lightsaber in his palm, eyes tracing the intricate, organic patterns of the hilt. His hand opened and closed around the precious weapon. His free hand went automatically to the other one strapped to his utility belt. Delphi's lightsaber. The one he retrieved from her lifeless body.

How could any of them know?

He snapped to attention suddenly, chastising himself for such dark thoughts. It was not like him to mope. He needed to stop mulling things over so much. He needed a distraction in his life.

He glanced over at Sib and Tul, who seemed to be establishing a connection with each other. One that he could easily see evolving into a Master and Apprentice relationship.

And for the first time since he was knighted, Araphas began to consider taking on an apprentice of his own.

"Why so formal?" she said, calling a training saber to her hand from a rack on the other side of the room. "Care to spar?"

Sib didn't look at Tul, but he instictivly pulled out his training saber. He stared at it, then feeling a familiar tug in his gut he looked up, the tug wasn't coming from him so much, as it was coming from the outside. He looked around, searching the room, until his crimson Iridorian eyes rested on Araphas, he seemed disstracted, and he eminated a feeling Sib knew well, yet this feeling was stronger, and a bit indifferent. His whole life he had, had this strange feeling that burned in him, now he felt it in someone else, yet different, but he decided to push the thought aside for now, and concentrate on it later. But his mind wondered, he felt no relief from the news of the war being over, though he cared little about the war anyways, he felt that something wasn't over, not just yet, not just yet.

Sib looked over at Tul with sad, distracted eyes and smiled at her, "I'm formal for several reasons; one, is I'm taught to show respect to the 'older'...erm...my peers; two, is I'm taught to show extra respect in the pressence of..." at this he figited, and swollowed hard, "...um...wo-wo-wo...la-ladies," he stuttered, feeling a flush of embarassment, in which he scooted in the other direction of Tul, trying to put some distance between them.

At this he looked away, and sprang up with the energy of youth, and turning back to Tul he offered his hand in helping her up, but he stared at the floor while he did so. "Erm...I'd love to spar," answering her second question, and trying to change the subject.

Sib activated his own saber, the common blue blade coming out of it's emitter and lens. He stared at it amused, grinning and swinging it with out care, side-to-side, front-to-back, he swung it staring up at her he said, "start when you feel your ready, I know I am." He just kept swinging, staring at his saber, then up to her and back again, and so on and so forth, not in any specific stance or form, just waiting for Tul to make the first move.

Alex swung vertically at Jorran's back, but this one blocked by swinging his Lightsaber backwards. Alex then spun around, and swung at around Jorran's chest from his right, but he blocked as well. He focused more on the Force and the Ataru Form, and started swinging with everything he got.

Jorran leapt high into the air and landed behind Alex. He struck at him, but Alex was good at defending himself with a Lightsaber. Even Jorran's tricks wouldn't pass his Lightsaber. Jorran rolled backwards and threw his Lightsaber. Once again, Alex managed to block the flying Lightsaber and Jorran used the Force to pull it back towards him. Jorran ran towards Alex, unaware of what trick he would pull off next.

Alex grinned, and sure of his abilities, backflipped. Thinking he had kicked Jorran in the face, he ran, only to be Force Pushed back to the ground. He then jumped, spinning in the air to his normal posture. He grabbed his Lightsaber with his other hand, now focusing in the defense. He changed from Ataru to Makashi, which was his best Form. He twirled around his saber.

Although, he felt cold, like something bad was coming, and real quick.

"I have a bad feeling about this," He muttered.

Sib sensed her striking at his back, he quickly turned and blocked the strike, but went into a saber lock, he pressed the attack by putting alot of his stregnth into pushing her backwards, though he knew that it wouldn't work, due to the advantage of Tul being older, and thus bigger than him. But he had started the lock, so he decided to see it to the end, no matter what end came to him, from it.

Archived