Home

Star Wars - The First Jedi Purge: Discussion and Recruitment

Diego Varen

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just took a quick glance at the RP, nicely done, I have to say. But generally, how come there is too many lightsaber duels/spars in the RP? You know, the problems can not be solved relying on lightsabers.

Initials should know a little about dark side. we can not forbid them to know the dark side. Of course, we don't want many Jedi join dark side, but at least let them know what dark side is...so they will have a better view of the Force. I always believe that--

Everyone deserves a chance of Redemption.--Revan

So I think sometimes Jedi initials should appear in the Jedi archieves, learning the ancient Jedi (Because the First Jedi Purge, the Great Jedi Purge occured around 19 BBY, right?) histories. They should know the present's conflict, and more than just a intense lightsaber duel.

Above is just my opinion. If anyone feels he or she is offended, let me know ASAP.

I agree, it's just a good way to get everyone together and learn other people's fighting styles. Somehow, it's more enticing than saying "She walked into the Jedi Archives and activated one of the readers. It held the story of an old legend..." Besides, if one person starts dueling, then the other people want in on the fun. Wouldn't you? I'm not offended though, this is a very good point.

I agree, it's just a good way to get everyone together and learn other people's fighting styles. Somehow, it's more enticing than saying "She walked into the Jedi Archives and activated one of the readers. It held the story of an old legend..." Besides, if one person starts dueling, then the other people want in on the fun. Wouldn't you? I'm not offended though, this is a very good point.

Yeah, you were right, I would spar with anyone. But I really don't think this is a good idea because this may pull you to the dark side because you will feel pride after each winning. Just my point. Good to hear you're not offended.

Heh, maybe I'm better like Jedi consulars because I like to read histories and know a lot of thing in the past and present. I just like reading a lot.

Oh yeah, I'm real proud. I just tripped over a youngling lol. Just kidding. I love to read too, can read an entire Star Wars novel in two hours. That's if I'm going at a normal speed. It's a curse really. I run out of books so fast. And I love history too. I love reading almost anything.

It's quite late right now...I think it's time to concentrate on my school essay...Not my CSI fic. Oh, about the CSI fic, you may renew your memory bank because I posted some new chapters and some info about future CSI fictions.

Right, finally back! Ooh, stuff has been happening, hasn't it?

<stares suspiciously at everyone, hand hovering over his saber>

So, to answer some questions:

Initiates spend more time duelling and learning about diplomacy and the Galaxy at large, then they do studying history. That, plus the fact that information on the Dark Side and the Sith is exclusively forbidden from being shown to anyone lower then the rank of Master. Do you recall what happened to Exar Kun when he started poking his nose into things he ought not to? From infancy, Jedi are taught to resist the dark side, and conditioned to resist giving in to passions and curiosities, because...well you know why. The slightest push in the wrong direction, and there's no going back.

As for why Jedi duel a lot...well, its their way of getting to know each other, isn't it? Sparring is not about beating the opponent, its about learning from the experience of lightsaber combat. Its not like they get into lightsaber duels very often anyway. The Sith are supposedly (hah, as if!) extinct, so the majority of enemies the Jedi face use blasters or crude weapons. Thats why styles like Makashi, Shien and Juyo are so out of fashion. Most modern Jedi practise Soresu, Ataru or Niman, or stick with Shi-cho.

Also, I am very, very happy with how this is going along. These Jedi will soon be knee deep in blasterfire and distended corpses. The force will be a horrific death-scream to them, and friends and allies are going to drop dead all around them. So its important for characters to establish bonds with each other, because soon enough they will have to rely on each other to survive.

This First Jedi Purge conceptual seems to be shaping up nicely too. I'm so happy. Yay! I can't wait to see what comes after...

Archived