Home

Top Ten Comedies

Diego Varen

I'm a big fan on Comedies, Sitcoms and Animated Sitcoms. So, post your top ten Comedies here from one being the best and ten being the last best.

1. Only Fools and Horses - Some people should know I like this, since I had a Del Boy Avatar for some time and I own all seven series, two Christmas Specials and the Story of Only Fools and Horses on DVD.

2. Family Guy - Way better than The Simpsons now and it is great to watch, with all its randomness.

3. Porridge - Ronnie Barker at his best. A Comedy in a Prison is great and I was watching it last night on BBC 2 and it was a good episode.

4. Open All Hours - Once again, Ronnie Barker at his best, along with David Jason (Del Boy in Only Fools and Horses). Ronnie's stutter is really good and a young David Jason is also similar to Rodney in Only Fools and Horses.

5. The Fresh Prince of Bel Air - This was one of the first Sitcoms I watched in my life, since it begun in the 90's. I always remember watching the episodes at 6:20pm in the weekday evenings on BBC 2. I own three seasons.

6. Phoenix Nights - Peter Kay's first best work. Both series are great, but series 2 is the best. I hope for a series 3 soon.

7. Monty Phyton - Not really a Comedy as such, but a Sketch Show and a really good one. The Holy Grail Film has their best work.

8. Little Britain - The only sketch show at this present moment in time that makes me laugh. Although series 3 was a letdown.

9. My Family - One of the only good Comedies at the moment in the year 2006.

10. Mr Bean - The film is good, but I tried watching the series, but I prefer the Film. Rowan is good as Bean.

Eh...I rarely watch comedies, so I can't say 10, but I know some comedies:

1. Ace Ventura: The Pet Detective

2. Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls

3. Wedding Crasher

4. Johnny English--Wicked Funny.

5. Mr. Bean

6. The 40 Years-Old Virgin (Just a partial, but I don't own it because I consider it as a "R" rated movie.)

Eh...I don't think there is more...But I'll post more if I come up with more ideas.

Johnny English. Forgot about that! Ace Ventura is also good, but I get bored of it most of the time and the 40-Year Old Virgin I haven't seen.

Oh, the 40-Year Old Virgin is way funny. You know, what do you react when you see dogs are doing that and look at you innocently?:D

1.) The big lepowski

2.) Monty Python - That holy grail movie

3.) The life of brian (don't know the real english title)

3.) Dodgeball

4.) Starsky and Hutch

5.) Pulp fiction (not a comdey, but it's just funny)

6.) Be cool

7.) Actual Love (Bill Nighy for the win!)

8.) Bad taste (that's actually splatter but it's so poor i could not stop loughing)

9.) The Simpsons

10.) Friends :D

South Park

Drawn Together (first season only)

Duckman (DWAAAAAAA!!!!!)

The Tick (animated series only)

Family Guy

Simpsons (though it drops off after the first ten years)

Anything by Monty Python

Shawn of the Dead (Best. Horror/Comedy. Ever.)

Futurama (at least for the first 50 times I saw it)

Airplane!

Top Secret!

The Big Lebowski (Eight year-olds, dude...)

Chopper (not a comedy per se, but has some true ROFL moments in it)

Snatch/Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels (again, not strictly comedies, and they're both pretty much the same movie, but both have some great laughs)

Dr. Strangelove (Dimitri, could you turn the music down?)

My Name Is Earl

Sure there's more...

Archived